Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Flammable Birthday Cake!

SCREENSHOTS
1,264 Downloads 43 Thanks  Thanks 12 Favourited 3,009 Views
Uploaded: 14th Sep 2023 at 1:38 AM
Updated: 9th Feb 2024 at 10:44 PM
Updates!
  • 2024-02-09: Added a Polish translation. Wielkie dzięki, simcaistk!
  • 2024-01-29: Again requested by Daynasaurus, three extra birthday cakes were added to the list of those that can now light up extra brightly for your birthday Sims. All three made by Jacky93Sims, you'll get a Matcha Strawberry Cake, a Lemon Sponge Cake and a Victoria Sponge Cake with the chance to set ablaze. Unlike the other cakes I handled so far, I found that the slice object was merged for this one so you only need this one file.
  • 2024-01-15:
    (1) As requested by Daynasaurus, there are now two extra birthday cakes that can set on fire. One is the 3t2 Deliciously Indulgent Bakery cake by Jacky93Sims, the other is the 4t2 White Cake by Balkopat. In addition, I found another really nice one I wanted to convert, being the 4t2 Pinkbox-Anye cake by Jacky93Sims.
    (2) I have whipped up an add-on for this mod which you can use on its own, but is recommended to be used alongside. Any time a fire happens, there is a check if there is a birthday party going on, and another check if there is a birthday cake that is currently being or was just blown out. If both are true, then the Sim celebrating a birthday during a house fire will get a special, once-per-lifetime memory for this unique case.

That lime-coloured oddball Yoshi has another mischievous Sims 2 mod up his sleeve!

In Sims 3, any time a birthday cake is set ablaze, there is a small chance it may catch on fire and really ruin a special day for a family. Lately, I have grown to miss this potential for drama in Sims 2; so I have created a small mod to make Sims' lives even more unpredictable - even when you'd only wish them the best.

Features
Having this mod in your Downloads folder will do exactly one thing.
Any time a Sim is set to age up using a birthday cake, there is a 1% (1 in 100) chance that the birthday cake will set ablaze. The cutscene for the aging Sim, so long as all criteria for a cutscene to happen are met, will play out as normal, but they probably won't be able to grab a piece of their cake afterwards because... well, charred cake smells strange.
The only exception to this is babies aging up to toddlers - I could not reliably get a fire to spawn in this case.

Add-on for custom memory
Normally, the birthday Sim would get a "Fire!" memory like all Sims around them. However, I figured out a way to assign them a unique memory for the occasion that a birthday cake should set ablaze - or for a fire happening during a birthday party in general. If you want your Sims to remember this especially special moment in their life with a "Fire at Birthday Party!" memory, you can download an add-on that does just that. Sims will only get this memory once in their life, and only Sims that are aging up during a birthday party will receive it.

Should the cake survive the fire, this is also the only memory they will get during the fire. If it's eaten up though, they may get a second, general "Fire!" memory.

Add-ons for custom cakes
Since the birthday sequence is assigned to each cake, not to the CakeGlobals as it would have made sense (blame EAxis), each birthday cake needs to be modified separately to include the chance of a fire. I have done this for a few birthday cakes that are widespread in the community, and a few that I personally use.

If you'd like a custom birthday cake you use in your game to appear here, just comment and I'll see what I can do, based on the Terms of the cake's creator.

Currently supported:
I will only include the cake in my downloads because that's the object containing the changed resources. All cakes except for the Cutscene Cake and the three ONI cakes also require a separate "slice" object which I will not include. Please follow the links above to get the slice objects from the original archives.

Tuning
Using the provided BCON resource 0x1002, you can freely modify how likely or unlikely fires from birthday cakes should be. For example, keep it at 100 for the default 1% (1/100) chance; raise it up to 5000 (= 1/5000 or 0.02%) to practically never see it; or lower it to 20 (= 1/20 or 5%) to see more tragedies unfold in your neighbourhood.

You can change the odds for each cake individually, although I'm not sure how this would be useful, but hey - that's up to your creativity alone!

Compatibility
Expansion Packs: None, you can use this with the base game!
I did include the needed code for the three extra birthday cakes that came with Celebration! Stuff, but if you do not own this stuff pack, it will simply never be called, so it is no harm to have it in.

Overrides
Birthday Cake Can Burn:
Resource nameTypeGroupAssociated object or semiglobalInstance
AGE++Behaviour Function (BHAV)0x7F6A0484Birthday Cake0x0000101B
AGE++Behaviour Function (BHAV)0x7FCDB693PartyBirthday Cake - Butter0x0000101B
AGE++Behaviour Function (BHAV)0x7F9486E5PartyBirthday Cake - Lime0x0000101B
AGE++Behaviour Function (BHAV)0x7FF4D212PartyBirthday Cake - Purple0x0000101B
ConstantsBehaviour Constant (BCON)0x7F6A0484Birthday Cake0x00001002
ConstantsBehaviour Constant (BCON)0x7FCDB693PartyBirthday Cake - Butter0x00001002
ConstantsBehaviour Constant (BCON)0x7F9486E5PartyBirthday Cake - Lime0x00001002
ConstantsBehaviour Constant (BCON)0x7FF4D212PartyBirthday Cake - Purple0x00001002

Birthday Fire Memory:
Memory - AddBehaviour Function (BHAV)0x7FD0A790Fire0x0000103D
Function - Init CakeBehaviour Function (BHAV)0x7FD0A90DCakeGlobals0x0000200A

WHComp Patch:
Note that this is technically not an override since it doesn't exist in a vanilla game configuration, but it does override Pick'N'Mix's University After Birthday Party which includes this resource:
AGE++Behaviour Function (BHAV)0x7FD0A90DCakeGlobals0x00002040

Memory Translations:
LanguageAvailable?Creator
English (US/UK)Me (LimeyYoshi)
GermanMe (LimeyYoshi)
Polishsimcaistk

If you'd like to contribute your native language to this mod, feel free to do so! You shall be given due credit.
All you need to translate is the Catalogue Description, or CTSS resource, of the memory mod.

Conflicts and Notes
Anything that also modifies the above resources will conflict with my mods.
  • To use my mod with University after Birthday Party by Pick'N'Mix, you have to download the compatibility patch from my page, and follow the instructions on his page if you wish to patch your custom birthday cakes with the ability to head straight to college and have a successful party before blowing out the candles and potentially risking a fire.
  • The conflict between my memory add-on and Nopke's Food Already Available Fix is a conflict you can safely ignore. Load order doesn't matter either; our mods make the same change to Function - Init Cake.

Please let me know if there are any conflicts with mods you use, and I will see if something can be done about them by load order or through plug-ins.

Credits
Maxis and EA for creating Sims 2 in the first place
The Creators of SimPE and especially the BHAV and BCON plugins
simcaistk for the Polish translation
My fiancée for the idea to this mod, and for being such a gentle soul in general
The respective custom birthday cake creators for their hard work to create meshes and textures for their cakes: TheLesbianPyromaniac, Jacky93Sims, Jasana_Bugbreeder, NixNivis, balkopat.

Have fun and happy Simming!
~ LimeyYoshi