View Single Post in: Sims2Pack Clean Installer

Field Researcher
#1293 Old 10th Dec 2005 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by silvertreedrake
I really appreciate everyone's help with this. I was practically in tears, because I'd worked on a lot for three hours and concluded that I would need to just bulldoze it, remove all my downloads and start over. Which it looks like I should do, because even when I remove the files and rename the package with Clean Installer, it just doesn't work.

Are your two versions of the game on different computers, or just different user id's on the same computer? I could set it up like that.

No, my two versions are on the same computer and under the same folder (EA Games under My Documents). I renamed my current The Sims 2 folder to The Sims 2 - Play and then started the game up. It created another The Sims 2 folder with no downloads (basically a clean new game). When I want to play, I just rename my build game to The Sims 2 - Build and then rename The Sims 2 - Play to The Sims 2. It just makes everything extremely easier and then my lots only contain Maxis objects or the few items that I know that I want to use in them. And the added bonus here is that the build game loads sooooo much faster.

Have a bright platinum diamond day!
Deb