Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#1026 Old 2nd Jul 2005 at 4:49 PM
I just love the Sims2Pack Clean Installer. Everything works fine for me, but I have a question. When I make subfolders in the downloads folder(for hair, clothes, etc) and move the package files into the subfolders then they won't show up in BodyShop nor the game. Is it supposed to be like that? I'd really like to categorize them, but I can't because of this. there is a subfolder option, so I'm wondering if there's something wrong...
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#1027 Old 2nd Jul 2005 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chyrun
I just love the Sims2Pack Clean Installer. Everything works fine for me, but I have a question. When I make subfolders in the downloads folder(for hair, clothes, etc) and move the package files into the subfolders then they won't show up in BodyShop nor the game. Is it supposed to be like that? I'd really like to categorize them, but I can't because of this. there is a subfolder option, so I'm wondering if there's something wrong...

Not all package files can be put into subfolders: hair and clothes are two of them (I did the same thing back when I first started downloading, lol). For a complete list of the package file types that cannot be moved into subfolders, see the Sims2Pack Clean Installer Manual on the web page. I hope this helps.

Have a bright platinum diamond day!
Deb
Field Researcher
#1028 Old 2nd Jul 2005 at 5:04 PM
I just dropped in here to say that I love the Sims2Pack Clean Installer too!!! I was having a problem in my game with recolors (actually finally froze my game so I had to get out - but not willingly lol), so I just went through all of the files and found 186 duplicate files. All that I can say is, "thank you, thank you, thank you for creating this useful tool."
Forum Resident
#1029 Old 2nd Jul 2005 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simdebster
Not all package files can be put into subfolders: hair and clothes are two of them (I did the same thing back when I first started downloading, lol). For a complete list of the package file types that cannot be moved into subfolders, see the Sims2Pack Clean Installer Manual on the web page. I hope this helps.

Thank you!
Test Subject
#1030 Old 2nd Jul 2005 at 9:48 PM
If you are runnin windows I think you can request a CD for SP2 (Which Includes .NET Framework)
Field Researcher
#1031 Old 2nd Jul 2005 at 11:53 PM
Okay, I ran into an error. I am using v1.5.1.4. I've searched this forum for this and have not been able to find anything on it. I was trying to repackage a sims2pack lot file and the following error has occurred twice.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Sims2Pack_Installer.Util.getFolderName(String fileName) at Sims2Pack_Installer.S2CPackage.GetItem() at Sims2Pack_Installer.S2Sims2Pack.RecognizeFiles()

Since the error is stating function names, is this a bug? Or is there something that I need to look for or do on this end? I searched the Clean Installer's executable directories for an error log file, hoping that it could give me more information but I was unable to find anything there. Phervers can you help me?

Deb
Field Researcher
#1032 Old 3rd Jul 2005 at 12:09 AM
I thought that I should clarify. When I say repackaging, what I mean to say is that I have unclicked the objects that I do not want with the lot (family, hacks) and then clicking save as... and entering the new filename.

Deb
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1033 Old 3rd Jul 2005 at 8:09 AM
well there's 2 things that come to my mind, there might be a glitch that will make that happen if the file is in the root directory on your drive like C:\mysimpack.sims2pack, if it is so just move it to some folder like c:\s2\mysimpack.sims2pack and try again, if it will not work send me the lot i will try to firure out what's wrong.
Space Pony
#1034 Old 3rd Jul 2005 at 6:36 PM
I downloaded the latest version, did a clean install as you had instructed in an early reply in this thread and my files were normal, and not "empty." My next step is to move a family into one of the homes to see if the mailbox hack is in that one. Like I said, I like that hack, but would rather not include it in a house I submit here.

Thank you for your help in this!
Field Researcher
#1035 Old 3rd Jul 2005 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by phervers
well there's 2 things that come to my mind, there might be a glitch that will make that happen if the file is in the root directory on your drive like C:\mysimpack.sims2pack, if it is so just move it to some folder like c:\s2\mysimpack.sims2pack and try again, if it will not work send me the lot i will try to firure out what's wrong.

Phervers, thanks so much for getting back to me. I finally found what exactly is causing the error. It is a recolor that is packaged with the lot (a downloaded furnished lot that I redid with a basement and other adjustments to make it playable) that has no texture image. I cannot find any identifying info on who made the recolor, so I cannot contact them about it, but I am sure going to take it out of my downloads dir. When I unchecked that recolor and used Save As, it created the sims2pack file without an error. I would also like to add that the Clean Installer still makes the sims2pack file with the offending recolor, which is a testament to how well you wrote the program. I would still like to send you the sims2pack file so that you can step through your program and maybe have it print out the filename into a log file which would save the user from having to step through each package listed as I did, which is how I found that it did not have a texture image to display. I then opened the recolor package in SimPE and found only the material definition and material override in there. Anyway, let me know if you still want the file. And thank you again, I really appreciate the quick response back.

Deb
#1036 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 10:28 PM
Nothing Shows Up in the Window *pulling out hair in frustration
When I click on a package file Clean Installer pops up but there is nothing in the window. There is nothing there to install. When I click on the program itself it shows everything in the Downloads file and everything looks fine. I am so lost. I've tried everything I can think of to download custom content but the only thing that has worked is the official Maxis stuff. Please help :weep:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1037 Old 5th Jul 2005 at 11:48 AM
hey simdebster ofcourse send me the file my email you can find on my site or just post it on forum if you want.

superfloofufussmeatatter : are you trying to install .package file ? If so you dont need my tool, if you're installing sims2pack file it should show you the list of files inside. Read the manual if you will still have problems write again.
Test Subject
#1038 Old 6th Jul 2005 at 5:36 AM
My friend gets the error message "Saving failed", trying to repack a lot. After it all the files inside the Sims2Pack are named "Empty package"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v..._tuss/01scr.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v..._tuss/02scr.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v..._tuss/03scr.jpg
When I tried to download her lot and to repack it with the same version of the program (1.5.1.4.) everything worked fine. What might be the reason of the problem?
Lab Assistant
#1039 Old 6th Jul 2005 at 2:50 PM Last edited by silber27 : 6th Jul 2005 at 7:46 PM. Reason: problems solved
Default Application has generated an exception that could not be handled
The first problem I encountered was that I could not install Sims2 Clean Installer , because I could not not successfully unistall my old Net Frame. I downloaded a new Net Frame, 3hours w/ dial up. After that, I was able to download Sims2 Clean Installer.

This morning I thought I would give it a run, and I recieved this error message: Process id=0xc04(3076), Thread id=0xf38(3896)
Click Ok to terminate the application.
Could this be related to my not being able to uninstall the old Net Frame? My husband and I searched every folder possible, and still could not find it.
Thank you.

Well it seems I have found the problem, but I'm sill not sure what it was.
It's like going to the doctor when your sick, and when you get there and suddenly you feel better. I don't know how I solved the problem, but I just messed around with it until it worked. At one point my commputer froze up.
Anyway, I have started cleaning the crap from my downloads folder. Thank you for this program. P.S. I sent you 2 emails signing them as "Diana". Please disregard them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1040 Old 6th Jul 2005 at 8:52 PM Last edited by phervers : 6th Jul 2005 at 8:54 PM.
Dukasha: Honestly i have no idea if it works ok on your system and doesnt work on your friend's sys.

Silber: Oh i'm glad you fixed that, it seems that quite a lot people are having that. If you have some ideas what could be causing that bug let me know.
Field Researcher
#1041 Old 7th Jul 2005 at 12:31 AM
[QUOTE=phervers]hey simdebster ofcourse send me the file my email you can find on my site or just post it on forum if you want.

Hi Phervers,

I sent the file split because it was too big as one. Only problem, the 6th one came back as undeliverable. I may have clogged up your email, so please check it and clear those out. I will send the 6th one later.

Deb
Lab Assistant
#1042 Old 7th Jul 2005 at 6:36 AM Last edited by JoyLuck18 : 7th Jul 2005 at 6:47 AM. Reason: Found the answer
I want to start off by saying thanks, Phervers, for making such an ingenious tool. It's saved me from installing many an unwanted item. I was just wondering, the new version you mentioned a couple pages ago, is that Version 1.5.1.4 (I think that's the number)? I recently had to reinstall the game because of some fluke and decided to start over fresh-new downloads and all. In the newest version is installing multiple files at once disabled? I read the FAQs on the website about the "Install All" feature, but when I try to install multiple wall or floor files, I am stuck doing them one at a time. This wouldn't be so much of an issue if they were house files, but when I've got 100 walls and floors to install, it's a bit of a pain to have to install them one by one. I remember another version I had that enabled me to highlight the files I wanted and install/review them all at once-listed in one Sims 2 Clean Installer window. Am I doing something wrong? :confused:

---> Ooops. I found the answer a couple pages further back. I really hope the install multiple files can be drawn back into a newer Clean Installer version.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1043 Old 7th Jul 2005 at 9:07 AM
simdebster: Thanks for sending that i got all 6 parts Now to download it and check what's wrong

JoyLuck: you can put all the files you want to install into one folder and right click that folder and Install All.

About new version: I started working on a new version which will completely change the interface to browse downloads, however i might release one more version of S2PCI with old interface as soon as i complete new package recognition mechanisms. I'm not promising anything as my free time is limited
Test Subject
#1044 Old 13th Jul 2005 at 9:03 PM
Default how to uninstall
hi, do anyone know How to uninstall sims2pack Clean Installer and make the downloading go back to normal. im so confused by the program thanks
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1045 Old 14th Jul 2005 at 8:10 AM
Start->All programs->Sims2pack Clean Installer->Uninstall
#1046 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 7:11 PM Last edited by Radmetalmonk : 15th Jul 2005 at 11:46 PM.
hello, first of all thanks for the great free program. i had all these sims2pack files just gathering dust on my HD (a lot actually) and sims2pack Clean Installer let me actually use them (clicking each one would take days)
everything has been working fine, but now I've been getting this error:

sorry if it's been asked before, 40 some pages is a ton X_X
I get that error when I disable or enable some packages. And it happens a lot.
thanks in advance
Also, my sims 2 university won't load sometimes...I haven't pinpointed the exact cause (I just disabled all the packages recently installed).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1047 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 11:48 AM
well it's good you haven't read whole thread, because you're the first to report that bug. You should know that when you're disabling files their extension is changed to .off. Most probable cause of that bug is that you have disabled some package and then you have installed it again, so now you have both somePackage.package and somePackage.off files in your downloads , removig one of them should solve that. However double check before doing that, because it is only my guess based on error message.
Test Subject
#1048 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 1:03 PM
Ho i have this also, i ignore and vlik on OK and after it work's.
Test Subject
#1049 Old 17th Jul 2005 at 1:52 AM
Thanks for the program it has allowed me to identify the hacks in my game but I beleive one of those hacks overwrote a Maxis file and my game will not completely load...I removed files and had to add them all back and the game still will not load for me... Any sugguestions?
Test Subject
#1050 Old 17th Jul 2005 at 2:17 AM
Thank you!!!!! Since my game won't run with hacks, this is just perfect to delete the hacks without going into the "downloads" file.
Locked thread
Page 42 of 54