Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2005 at 11:19 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets
Default Can you enable Build Mode when sims are Downtown?
So you've sent your sims to a Community lot. And suddenly you realise something is missing from the lot. Is there any way to enable build mode while the sims are there?

I tried boolprop dormSpecificToolsDisabled false, but it only enables Buy Mode in Community lots Downtown.

I also tried making up the cheats boolprop commSpecificToolsDisabled false & boolprop communitySpecificToolsDisabled false, but neither of those seem to exist!

I guess I'll just have to send the sims home and edit the lot the normal way, but for the future - is there any way to get into Build Mode?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 7th Nov 2005 at 2:04 AM
not as far as i have been able to discover
even if you do the boolprop changelotzoning to whichever, you can't enable the buy or build modes till you exit and reenter simless
of course the sims on the lot at the time just go home
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Nov 2005 at 10:29 PM
The other things which are strangely disabled when a sim is Downtown are the Turn-Ons/Turn-Offs. It seems weird that with boolprop TestingCheats you can change just about everything about a sim, except for the Turn-Ons & Turn-Offs. It's not an option on shift-click, or in the SimModder, or anything else that gets Spawned. Unless I'm missing something...?

(Ancient) Sims 2 stories | Adventurous, Bookworm, Eco-Friendly, Genius, Over-Emotional