Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers wanted for a no-jealousy-at-all behaviour package.

by LizzLove Posted 30th Oct 2004 at 2:54 AM - Updated 12th Oct 2008 at 9:09 PM by mike19

268 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 255 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 11
Test Subject
#176 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 9:05 AM
Heya LizzLove, just re-downloading the update. Any EWTA on the roses problem? Of course just disappearing them into the right sim's inventory works too, but it'll be just coolness when you have it fully working again. Thank you so much. =)
Lab Assistant
#177 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 12:01 PM Last edited by Shupinola : 5th Oct 2005 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Spelling
Default A Big NL Thank You
Lizz. I've been using this hack for absolutely ages. Yesterday I got Nightmare ... er, sorry, I mean Nightlife (and I'm starting to wish I hadn't). Something is causing me big problems, but it's not a hack. As a result, I'm going to have to reinstall everything and start my neighbourhoods from scratch again. :insane: But before I do that, I'm trying to find out which hacks work with NL and which ones don't. It's proving to be a lengthy task, so I just want to say thanks to you for posting the update about this hack's compatibility with NL. It makes sorting through everything so much easier. :nod:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#178 Old 6th Oct 2005 at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Eoko
Hey all. I just had a nasty encounter of the jealous kind, and I have this hack on my comp. I'm running NL and they weren't even reading cards. They were making out, and they had a FI~IT. And I just upgraded my hack, so any ideas?

You will have to give me more information. Other than the new roses this mod has been running for months without problems. Please note that some of the Maxis families have preprogramed issues that are not covered by this mod. The Pleasent family for example. Also if the two sims really hate each other they will fight regardless of jealousy.

I will need to know the specifics of what happened to be able to help you. Also if you are running other jealousy mods like casual romance, etc. They do NOT work togeather.

Lizz
Lab Assistant
#179 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 11:13 AM
Thank you so much for this hack LizzLove
I recently installed nightlife and have had only minor trouble with a few hacks. So I still have a ton of hacks installed, if it works in my game Im sure it will work in anyone's.
I'll come back and edit this post once tested.

Support our troops, bring them home!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#180 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 1:57 AM
A quick update on the Nightlife version. I have the nightlife version done (I hope) and am testing it now. It seems fine, biggest problem is the Roses issue. Since I have to have a very good date to get the roses, card, etc, this testing is taking a while. But so far all seems good.

I did find a new jealousy bhav in the Nightlife only code that was called from parts of the dating code. I have fixed that too. While I did not see any problems during my dates with the old code this new fix should prevent any problems. A couple more days of testing and it should be ready for release.

This will just add a new seperate version for Nightlife so only those with NL will need to get the new one.

Lizz

"Specialization is for insects, a human being should be able to do anything!"
Test Subject
#181 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LizzLove
You will have to give me more information. Other than the new roses this mod has been running for months without problems. Please note that some of the Maxis families have preprogramed issues that are not covered by this mod. The Pleasent family for example. Also if the two sims really hate each other they will fight regardless of jealousy.

I will need to know the specifics of what happened to be able to help you. Also if you are running other jealousy mods like casual romance, etc. They do NOT work togeather.

Lizz

Well, I'll do my best to give you the info. Firstly, I don't have any other jealousy-type hacks cept for yours. The family was custom made. The characters were all very high if not with pink or red hearts. The two characters that turned into enemies for a bit were actually my highest couple until their little tiff.

But I redownloaded it anyway, and I've been having them go on as normal, making out with other sims and so one and so forth. They're still doing that dumb "I'm mad! *blazing sword through hearts*" But they ALSO walk by fanning themselves over the sims' hotness. I was thinking the angry part could be just because it hasn't run out yet. And once it does they'll be fine.

So, right now they aren't slapping each other or anything. I'll give you an update when the anger/jealousy cycle is over.
#182 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 1:03 PM Last edited by CynicalChick : 26th Oct 2005 at 10:03 PM. Reason: color tags won't work
perfect
I'll test it. i have a girl who gets jelous when her husband or boyfriends talk to any girl so ending the relationship. this is great
Lab Assistant
#183 Old 25th Oct 2005 at 11:45 PM
Thank you so much! *Emotional tear falls from her eye* FINALLY! The mod I have been looking for all over. :salute: Thanks so much! Finally, my Quagmire sim won't be smacked everytime he has multiple lovers.

Giggidy giggidy. *Wanders out*

"Once again, she returns.. To the arms of her angel, angel or demon? Still, he calls her.. Luring her back, from the grave. Angel or dark seducer? Who are you, strange angel?"

Phantom of the Opera
Lab Assistant
#184 Old 9th Nov 2005 at 5:54 AM
Lizzlove, thanks for this great hack. I have discovered a problem though. When my sims are sitting in the car together, they jump out of the car if I have them "kiss." They will make out and woohoo with no problem, but I get an error when they kiss with debug mode on (boolprop testincheatsenabled true). I have the log file if that will help you. I went through all my hacks and narrowed it down to this one.

Here's the first part of the log:

Object id: 213
name: N001_User00000 - Justin
Stack size: 10
Error: No stack object present when required.
Iterations: 609
Frame 9:
Stack Object id: 741
Node: 6
Tree: id 8475 name 'Kiss - Accept - Wrap Up' version -32757
from CarGlobals
Prim state: 0
Params: 165 209 Locals: 741
Frame 8:
Stack Object id: 165
Stack Object name: Car Ownable - Super Sports
Node: 2
Tree: id 8474 name 'Kiss - Accepted' version -32755
from CarGlobals
Params: 165 209 Locals:
Frame 7:
Tree: id 8466 name 'Interaction - Ownable - Kiss' version -32758
from CarGlobals
Params: Locals: 209 165
Frame 6:
Node: 9
Tree: id 8432 name 'Sit - Idle Anims' version -32756
from CarGlobals
Params: 44 Locals: 0
Frame 5:
Node: 20
Tree: id 8337 name 'Interaction - Ownable - Sit' version -32733
from CarGlobals
Params: 0 Locals:
Frame 4:
Stack Object id: 213
Stack Object name: N001_User00000 - Justin
Node: 5
Tree: id 281 name 'Wait For Notify' version 7
from global
Prim state: 1
Params: 0 1 Locals:
Frame 3:
Node: 1
Tree: id 8282 name 'Function - Main - Check Queue' version 47
from PersonGlobals
Params: Locals: 165
Frame 2:
Node: 2
Tree: id 8283 name 'Function - Main - Loop' version 92
from PersonGlobals
Params: 3 20 1 Locals: 0
Frame 1:
Tree: id 8193 name 'Function - Main' version 83
from PersonGlobals
Params: Locals: 3 20
Frame 0:
Node: 1
Tree: id 4096 name 'Function - Main' version 2
from TemplatePerson
Params: Locals:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#185 Old 9th Nov 2005 at 2:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rainbow
Lizzlove, thanks for this great hack. I have discovered a problem though. When my sims are sitting in the car together, they jump out of the car if I have them "kiss." They will make out and woohoo with no problem, but I get an error when they kiss with debug mode on (boolprop testincheatsenabled true). I have the log file if that will help you. I went through all my hacks and narrowed it down to this one.

First thank you for the log dump, they really help with things like this. I have not seen this problem with my game, but it may be a conflict between my mod and another mod I do not have installed. With the log dump I can take a look at my code and see what may be happening. My life is a bit busy right now, but that should end by next week. So I will get to dig into this pretty soon. I will post here with what I find out.

Eoko - About your little tiff, well not so little tiff The new anger code is rather strange and anger can be caused by things other than jealousy. I am still trying to duplicate your problem without much luck. I did get a couple angry at each other, but I had to remove my mod to make it happen, and yes they react very badly to each other even after I reinstalled my jealousy mod. I am still digging away at this but there is a LOT of code to go through.

Lizz

Test Subject
#186 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 6:22 AM
Lizz I was just over at various simmers and carrigon was talking about hacks she made with help from O_o so she'd probably help you find him/her.

Test Subject
#187 Old 16th Nov 2005 at 5:09 AM
Thank you for this one. I have a dorm with 5 controlled sims and 3 not controlled and the jealosy in that house makes for fights and such very hard to play the house because of the uncontrolled sims! This will be great! Thank you again
Test Subject
#188 Old 26th Nov 2005 at 9:30 PM
Hi there Lizz!

Have been enjoying your mods no real problems except for the one I've seen talked about.

Since you seem to be the simrelationship goddess do you know if there is a working polygamy mod that would allow multiple engaements-marraiges-joinings?

If one does not exist could you make one?

qelgetlh
Forum Resident
#189 Old 26th Nov 2005 at 9:49 PM
Have you tied to have multiple engagements? I ahve had Sims who are engaged to one Sim marry others while still engaged. I don't know about polygamy tho. I have never tried this. I have this hack in my game and god bless it!
Test Subject
#190 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 2:52 AM Last edited by Lalaith : 8th Dec 2005 at 3:08 AM.
Any word on an attribute based jealousy mod or a polygamy/polyamory mod? I definitely concur; romance sims should be less likely to get jealous, as should very nice/very outgoing sims. Playfulness should probably factor in as well. Awesome work, thanks for this mod!
Test Subject
#191 Old 16th Dec 2005 at 5:03 PM
Thanks
Test Subject
#192 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 11:30 PM
Default ha
thanks u! that's so good
Test Subject
#193 Old 23rd Jan 2006 at 7:49 PM
First of all, I apologize if this has already been asked or answered. I can't find an answer. I wanted to download inteenimator, but i wanted to see what it conflicted with first. Pescado's nojealousy works 100% with it, does yours too? (I'm trying to be a loyal customer here, I had this before NL came out, and would like to use it again.)
Edit: The post up at the top says should work with everything, so I'm just going to give it a shot. Thanks LizzLove, you're awesome :salute:

><> HOW I MINE FOR FISH? <><
*Pagan * and * Proud*
avatar courtesy of VGCats, #178 by Scott Ramsoomair
also click here~>want to be a zombie?
and here~>want to be a vampire?
Test Subject
#194 Old 23rd Jan 2006 at 8:55 PM
Outstanding!

I have used this for several weeks with no EP's. But with very many mods (most of yours). I have had no conflics, NPC,s & my sims I placed around enjoy the situation. I have not tried polygamy yet, that could be interesting.

Thanks for your efforts, I quite agree, you are a Goddess!
Test Subject
#195 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 3:52 PM
Thanks for this.
I will be testing it in my game and let you know if I notice any bugs.
This will be perfect for one of my sims in particular.
Much appreciated.
Lab Assistant
#196 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 6:31 PM
been working great w/ Orig + NL installed. no more fights breaking out when someone throws a flirt, finally! Then theres the romance sims, they're definitely taking this mod to new levels, lol. Just got uni today (yes, I'm doing this backwards). i doubt there'll be any problems, but will update if things change.
Test Subject
#197 Old 5th Feb 2006 at 2:32 AM
i know that this will probably sound stupid, but because you have ticked the 'All' box, does that mean u need to have both expansion packs for this to work? or can you still use it only one of the expansion packs?

"It's fun to be a woman. It's fun to flirt and wear makeup and have boobs." ...Eva Mendez
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#198 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetinnocence
i know that this will probably sound stupid, but because you have ticked the 'All' box, does that mean u need to have both expansion packs for this to work? or can you still use it only one of the expansion packs?

No expansion packs are required. It will work with any/all of them or none.

Lizz

Field Researcher
#199 Old 15th Feb 2006 at 7:46 AM
And another great workaround for the nonsense that comes from Maxis. Thanks for this mod; it will make some of my families playable again
Test Subject
#200 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 2:49 AM
This has got to be my favorite sims 2 mod ever. Thanks a bunch lizzlove!

The only thing that is missing is a polygamy hack. Is there any way to get one? Does one even exist?
Page 8 of 11