Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Visible Ceiling Tiles Version 3.0

by jgwhiteus Posted 4th Feb 2005 at 1:15 PM - Updated 29th Oct 2006 at 3:36 AM by jgwhiteus

324 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 319 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 13 of 13
Test Subject
#301 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 8:27 AM
Oh my word... I've been waiting a LONG time for larger ceiling tiles. Thank you SO much for sharing this with us!!
Lab Assistant
#302 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 11:55 PM
nice idea! can these be put in subfolders ie. 'mods' for organization?

*.* ~Sehana~
Sehana Fortress.com | Entertainment | Sims2 | Sims3 | Blog | Twitter |
Top Secret Researcher
#303 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 11:00 PM
Sehana, you can put anything in folders and subfolders since university EP. Or was it Nightlife?... Ugh can't remember.
Test Subject
#304 Old 9th Feb 2008 at 4:34 AM
perfect!! thank you
Lab Assistant
#305 Old 18th Feb 2008 at 8:10 AM
Hey! This is EXACTLY what I've needed!!!!!!!!! Thanks a bunch!
Instructor
#306 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 12:48 PM
Thank you very much! Tatiana Dokuchic for making larger ceiling tiles.
Lab Assistant
#307 Old 5th May 2008 at 6:57 AM
I've been using this mod for a loooong time, and was just finishing adding ceilings to my family's home, when I ran into an issue in a few rooms. In certain locations, when I try to place a ceiling tile, it warps itself out of alignment with the floor tile it is resting on, ending up either covering only half of the actual tile it belongs on, and half on an adjoining tile, or at a 45 degree angle, which when straightened out using the boolProp cheat, also ends up only covering half the area it should. Any ideas on how I can get the tiles to fill these problem spots? For now I'm going without ceilings at all in the affected rooms because the empty tiles I can't fill are such eyesores.
Test Subject
#308 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 5:07 PM
wheres the Ceiling Controller ????
Test Subject
#309 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 8:18 PM
Cool. Movies will look more professional now.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't Stop If I Fall
And Don't Look Back
Oh Baby, Don't Stop Bury Me
And Fade To Black!
Test Subject
#310 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 1:43 PM
Wow, thanks :D

~ * No cheating, no fun... * ~
Test Subject
#311 Old 4th Aug 2008 at 6:47 AM
Am I doing something wrong? I downloaded all the files and installed into download folder. But when I go into buy mode everything is fine until I click on Decorations/Misc than game crashes completly. I have Seasons installed!!! If I unistall Seasons it works fine on OFB. ALso once game crashes even if I unistall these files game will still crash but only when I go intp the MISC. file
Test Subject
#312 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 8:36 AM
This is awesome! Very useful. Thanks so much
Lab Assistant
#313 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 5:43 AM
Oh... My... Gosh. CEILING!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#314 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 7:59 AM
Don't forget ceilings are now part of the game in Apartment Life

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#315 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 1:40 AM
hey ... thanks

for a ceiling .... makes home like home
Test Subject
#316 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 10:36 PM
Default Help, Not Working
can you help me

i downloaded the tiles and i really need them and i put them in my downloads folder etc. and then i logged on to sims, went into a house, went in buy mode, went to decortive-min.. [idk how to spell it] and it isnt there

i REALLY need them and i hope someone can help me but i perfer you emailing the help to [email protected]

THANKS
Test Subject
#317 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 11:43 PM
I have a slight problem or it may possibly not be anything wrong. When I installed and used this mod I noticed that the surrounding textures downgraded. The grass is usually detailed but when I enable the ceiling through the disc I noticed the grass became flat and textureless. Is it possibly my end? Graphics card? or something else. Other than that complaint I love it.
Test Subject
#318 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 4:03 PM
Well, here's not said that I need kind of expansion pack, right? So, is it somehow united with ''toggle ceiling'' (I don't have it: http://www.flickr.com/photos/12436664@N08/3470562785/)? xoxox L
Test Subject
#319 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 4:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LunaEWOLF
Am I doing something wrong? I downloaded all the files and installed into download folder. But when I go into buy mode everything is fine until I click on Decorations/Misc than game crashes completly. I have Seasons installed!!! If I unistall Seasons it works fine on OFB. ALso once game crashes even if I unistall these files game will still crash but only when I go intp the MISC. file

OMFG ME TO!!!!

If nothing lasts forever, will you be my nothing? <3
Lab Assistant
#320 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 7:01 PM
This is great, but the recolors do not show up at all for me, neither when I'm buying the tiles, nor when I use the Design tool on them.
Lab Assistant
#321 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 11:34 PM
This is really great, however I wish it was bigger than one tile, it takes quite a long time to put them up.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#322 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 8:37 PM
Thank you ! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#323 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 6:33 AM
thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#324 Old 14th Jul 2015 at 2:17 PM
It'd be nice to have some kind of instructions as to how to use the controller. I found it in the decorations sure but when I place it doesn't actually do anything. It doesn't have any options in it either, I can't place anything in my 1st floor now since the seiling is blocking the view. Hell I don't even know am I supposed to place the controller in 1st floor or 2nd. I like the idea and would really like to get rid of the sky showing up in the reflective floors I have. So the point being, it's nice to see you gave clear instructions how to install this, but it'd also nice to have clear instructions to how the hell am I supposed to use this in the game, there is lots of stuff about flipping and what not but none as to how am I supposed to do that with the controller, that again in my game doesn't show any options or when placed down does absolutely nothing.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#325 Old 3rd May 2021 at 9:05 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!! I play sims 2 on my Mac and get get AL but I snap pics for storytelling and the angles are awful bc I haven't had ceilings. This is an amazing fix! THANK YOU!
Page 13 of 13