Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Child Support v3.0 **UPDATED**

by monique Posted 8th Jun 2006 at 12:06 PM - Updated 22nd Oct 2006 at 5:00 AM by monique

183 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 170 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 8
Field Researcher
#26 Old 9th Jun 2006 at 6:14 AM
Monique, this is SWEET. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 9th Jun 2006 at 8:08 AM
I was playing with the Insimenator once and made one of my sims become pregnant with the Therapist, and had the most horrible baby, by the way...

I wonder if the Therapist or the Grim Reaper can be charged, lol
Field Researcher
#28 Old 9th Jun 2006 at 8:22 AM
Any chance you might be able to add controller type functions so that we can set it on/off per lot? So we can sort of decide who has to pay? Would that be too complicated?

Or... maybe in the very least, make it so that the sim only pays for children he has met. Because, after all, if a sim decides to have a and raise a baby without introducing the child to the father, then why should he be automagically responsible for supporting a child he has never met? Unless of course this is already part of the feature set, in which case, that would be cool.

Ste

PS. Not sure how you handle it now, but would it be possible to add the value that gets detracted from the supporter as an amount to the bills rather than something that gets subtracted on different days? That way... it acts as part of the bills, which would be a bit more realistic, and could result in repo man effects, instead of sims just getting off for free, and not having to be responsible for child support just because they are broke. Hehe. Life is just unfair for some sims. :devil:
Field Researcher
#29 Old 9th Jun 2006 at 10:33 AM
For those who are wondering, yes this does affect teen parents too. My pregnant teen mom got child support from the teen father the first day she was pregnant.

English girls can be so mean! ~ Ryan Adams
Someone in Texas loves me!
The Jorenne Fan Club ~ 17 members and counting
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 9th Jun 2006 at 4:00 PM
And this is all another job well done by Monique! Congrats, it works really good!

"Life is a tightrope walker who eventually has to fall.
Life is a racer rife with anger and time is a wall."

-Martin Clement, in "The Swirls of Time"
Test Subject
#31 Old 9th Jun 2006 at 5:14 PM
This is too cool! Thanks!
Field Researcher
#32 Old 9th Jun 2006 at 6:13 PM
Excellent Monique! Thank you.

<<Now if only you could code child support enforcement thugs to come beat up the deadbeat mom/dad when they are broke. >> (snipped from Dadditude)

If only we could have this in real life

You can never have too much yarn, fabric, or books.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 9th Jun 2006 at 6:33 PM
Great mod!
I will be putting this in my game as soon as possible. I always thought that it was silly that there was nothing like this hard-coded into the game.

<.< I still think that for adults that "Broke up" should be re-labled as "Divorced", Maxis has such a white picket fences aproach to couples who split.

Oo;; And to all of those who say that police inforcement isn't used on dead beat parents: It is in a number of states. I know that it is here in Texas. They'll hunt said parent down, drag them to court--if no payments are made, jail time! :D

--?--
Good Question.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 9th Jun 2006 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by syberspunk
PS. Not sure how you handle it now, but would it be possible to add the value that gets detracted from the supporter as an amount to the bills rather than something that gets subtracted on different days? That way... it acts as part of the bills, which would be a bit more realistic, and could result in repo man effects, instead of sims just getting off for free, and not having to be responsible for child support just because they are broke. Hehe. Life is just unfair for some sims. :devil:

i think that would be a fantastic idea.

i also like the per lot idea cause some single parents don't want support from the missing parent.

i can't wait to get enough time to play my game with this mod installed, i'm very excited about using it. maybe i'll get some time tonight after work, that would be nice.
Test Subject
#35 Old 9th Jun 2006 at 10:03 PM
gonna try this.
It reminds me of the money order thing I used to have before EPs. Still wondering, though, if anyone knows if this works with townies and NPCs.
I was already doing something similar with Don and Daniel--they both had fathered kids with a sim of mine. So I would have the mom come over, make her selectable, then buy things and put them in her backpack, make her unselectable, and send her home. When she got home, I'd take the stuff out of her back pack and sell it for the money. This will be so much easier.

j
Field Researcher
#36 Old 10th Jun 2006 at 12:16 AM
this is niice, g'job!

It takes more time to TyPe LyK dIs than it does to type like this.
Test Subject
#37 Old 10th Jun 2006 at 5:57 AM
was just thinking if anyone has made something like this about 2 hours ago i just had one of my sims give birth to twins, cant wait to get on sims to try this out great job!
Test Subject
#38 Old 10th Jun 2006 at 7:00 AM
For some reason, it does not work for me. I have a woman with three kids by her ex-husband, who is on another lot, and many days have passed and nothing has happened. Is it not working for anyone else?
Instructor
#39 Old 10th Jun 2006 at 9:23 AM
This sounds like a very interesting mod. Thankyou for making it.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 10th Jun 2006 at 3:18 PM
love it but how about some alimoney for the jilted. sorry cant spell that great
Test Subject
#41 Old 10th Jun 2006 at 5:05 PM
What happens if you create a single parent with a toddler? Do you get payments from the 'mystery sim'?

Very cool, I'm definitly downloading it :D
Field Researcher
#42 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 4:50 AM
I tried this out on two Sims - the first is in her second day of pregnancy and has received two payments so far, so no problem there. The second, however, is rather amusing. She's the daughter of Daniel Pleasant and Kaylynn Langerak and when I went to play her lot she was one day off turning teen and her mother had unfortunately died on another lot. Daniel died before she was born. She received two payments on her last day of childhood (which was presumably a Wednesday) and another two payments the following day when she'd become a teen. These payments came from Daniel and Kaylynn! I'm not sure if ghosts are meant to pay maintenance (didn't think they had any funds to pay it with!) and I'm also surprised that Kaylynn had to pay, or was she seen as deserting her daughter by dying?! I thought I'd mention this because I am assuming it isn't meant to happen that way. Quite funny, though!

WHY DO SIMS NEVER EXPERIENCE A MID-LIFE CRISIS?
Test Subject
#43 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 5:24 AM
is this compatiable with ep2?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 1:35 PM
Thanks to all and you're all welcome.
Pls test v2.0 and report back any bugs before I proceed with v3.0.

Thanks

Pls. see my journal for my hacks compatibility. Thanks.
Test Subject
#45 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 3:47 PM
Another great mod from the Magnificent Monique!
Quality over quantity!

Thank you Monique
Field Researcher
#46 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 4:34 PM Last edited by RealHogsFan : 11th Jun 2006 at 4:40 PM.
hey, paying after they die is like receiving a check from SSI until you are an adult for the death of your parents. so i think it should be left that way. i know that in RL if you have met the parent and what not that if they die and you are under 18 you receive a check from the government for support until you are an adult or graduate from college if you go to college.

I'm starting to love this mod more and more. thanks for the great mod
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 5:28 PM
I cant decide which one now , okay I will upload v1.0 again.

Pls. see my journal for my hacks compatibility. Thanks.
Test Subject
#48 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 7:56 PM
can i use this with ep2 or do i need ep3 if so can you make on for ep2 pleaseeeeeee???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 7:57 PM
Does this need EP3 to work? It is flagged at EP3.

"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once."

By Evan Esar (1899 - 1995), Esar's Comic Dictionary
Test Subject
#50 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 10:56 PM Last edited by simscrazy : 11th Jun 2006 at 11:16 PM. Reason: made an addition
Does the payment come from the account of the family? I was playing a family, and the father died in a run with scissors accident (very tragic, I had plans for him). Next thing I know, the daughter received child support money. It seems a redundent to have her receiving money from her family.
One thing though, when the father died the family didn't receive any money from sims life insurance. Maybe he was too poor?
Page 2 of 8