Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Request Inspired: Holographic Dancer (Klawz)

by Calidan Posted 23rd Jan 2006 at 4:47 PM - Updated 26th Oct 2008 at 3:51 AM by Calidan : Update

79 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 75 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
#51 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 2:41 AM
Incredible!! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 7:29 AM
Wow this is amazin and soo different to most things i se n download ty very much ^^

As long as i can dream,
as long as i can think,
as long as i have memory.......
I wil love you.....
(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Test Subject
#53 Old 27th Jan 2006 at 1:14 AM
:jaw:, too. This is amazing, you did such a fantastic job here. Thank you so much for the time that you take to bring such original and cool creations to the simming community. Yah, like someone said before, why isn't this a featured download?

I salute you. :salute:
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 5:06 AM
this is Awesome
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 5:27 AM
Y'know I think this might just be one of the most original object things I have seen! Sure it is a radio, but it is more! WOW. Great job!

I will definitely go and try this out! Perfect for my lonely guys who can't find dates.

One request though (if it hasn't already been said) could a male dancer be made for the lonely ladies? I could also see a Star Wars nut making a Leia. :D
Test Subject
#56 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 5:55 AM
Thank You, very futuristic

No more GTP for me (Grand Theft Posting)
Test Subject
#57 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 8:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Godload
this is cool but can you make a nekid version or one with sims in scantily dressed lingerie

I agree. Id really like a goth version, I can have holograms dancing around my club then!

Is there any way to leave the objects as it is but have "recolours" with diffrent clothes etc?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#58 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 9:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Erintaylor
I agree. Id really like a goth version, I can have holograms dancing around my club then!

Is there any way to leave the objects as it is but have "recolours" with diffrent clothes etc?

Well I must say I was not expecting all the requests for additional 'types' of holograms. Unfortunately as it stands at the moment, this object can not be recolored and the work involved in creating a new variety is a little more than I plan to expend on it at this time.

To help clarify, the hologram is nothing more than a projection/movie consisting of approx. 216 individual frames (think animated gif and you get the idea). I am experimenting with a new 'version', although I can make no promises that I can even get it to work as I intend, so just keep an eye out in the downloads section 'sometime' in the future (little hard to work on stuff when work keeps getting in the way )

--
Calidan

(oh and I also agree that a goth version would be SO nice would compliment one of my neighborhoods nicely :shrug: oh well - maybe next time )
Test Subject
#59 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 1:42 PM
Would you consider making a tutorial and linking me to the program you used to make it? I might take a crack at making a goth version. ^_^
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#60 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 2:07 PM Last edited by Calidan : 28th Jan 2006 at 3:02 PM. Reason: Added URL's and fixed typoes
Quote: Originally posted by Erintaylor
Would you consider making a tutorial and linking me to the program you used to make it? I might take a crack at making a goth version. ^_^

hmm - well thats actually a tough one to answer. The tutorial, well there are several tutorials on this site about animated textures.

If you really do wish to have a crack at making a goth version, feel free to use my object as a base - that way you will only need to create the animation palette (big mutha image with each animation frame on it)

The image is 2048x2048, with each frame being 114x171 (this gives you a grid of images 18 across by 12 rows)

(if you do the calculations you will see that 114x18 actually = 2052 (as does 171x12) - so I actually used that size image when creating it, then resized it to 2048x2048 before importing it into the package in SimPE )

As for 'how' and what programs I used. Well SimPE to create the package , the animation was actually just an ingame video which I then ripped into individual frames using 'AVD Video Processor' - this is only trial/demo ware but is fully functional for 10 days. This same program can resize/crop each frame as needed also.

The hardest part was getting a sequence which consisted of 216 images (thats 18x12 frames) and was seamlessly loopable.

Once you have those 216 frames, each 114x171 in size, with your sim model on a black background (this is actually important as black is rendered invisible in animation - I had to create a pure black floor and wall covering to paint the stage my sim danced on, but unfortunately while they worked they were a little buggy so I can not release them and have no current need to fix them ) it is just a matter of pasting each frame 'carefully' in turn onto the larger (2052x2052) image.

The images must be ordered ... (## are frame numbers in the animation sequence)

01 02 03 04 05 .... 18
19 20 21 22 23 .... 36
37 .. etc

now - if you have made it this far, you should now have 1 huge image with 216 animated frames on it. Since this image is 2052x2052 (which is too large for the game/package) you then resize it to 2048x2048 and in SimPE use Build DXT to import it into the package.

Be sure to give this 'new' object a unique GUID (so it wont overwrite the original) and if all goes well you can then copy it into your downloads and enjoy a new holographic dancer of your making

My apologies if this seems overly complicated or hard to understand, and good luck if you decide to take this mission :D

:jaw:
Erintaylor Also on a side note - have you considered making an outfit like the 'meow2_filter' (bunnysneezes) I know several of my sims would look just as nice in it.
--
Calidan
Test Subject
#61 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 2:16 AM
WOW this is amazing.Goog job:wow:
Test Subject
#62 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 2:17 AM
opps good job
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#63 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 11:53 AM
Calidan, this is great and my sims love it! I'm pleased to report that this one works great in my game. Thankyou so much, this is one of my favourite sim items!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#64 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Calidan, this is great and my sims love it! I'm pleased to report that this one works great in my game. Thankyou so much, this is one of my favourite sim items!

Excellant, I'm pleased it works well in your game etc. After the near failure mishap I had with my Bard Trio I have paid a lot closer attention to the testing of my objects, glad to see it pays off :D

(abstract thought)now if only the new improved model would work(/abstract)

Thanks again

--
Calidan
Scholar
#65 Old 3rd Feb 2006 at 5:51 AM
Wow! this is far out,,,so nice,,,thanks

I'm A WHIZ KID.
Wanna see me whiz?
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 6:14 AM
tooooo coooool
Test Subject
#67 Old 15th Feb 2006 at 8:35 AM
wow weeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
:argh: THANKS,I ALSO TOO LIKE FUTURISTIC STUFF :bump:
Test Subject
#68 Old 2nd Mar 2006 at 8:43 PM
wow this is like the audio trio but better

let fire come from the monkeys head!!!
Test Subject
#69 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 5:25 PM
That Is Soooooooooooo Cool! How Did U Do It Man??? Teach Me!!!

Yep, keep staring but this sig ain't gonna get any more interesting.
Test Subject
#70 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 5:17 AM
Hay this is like the game invisabul war!! Cool job!

I love cats! I Have 2 Blueeyes & Meowth plz check out my cat downloads! on www.modthesims2.com And thesims2.com
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 16th Apr 2006 at 4:18 AM
This is ingenious, thanks!

<33 A
Test Subject
#72 Old 29th May 2006 at 11:21 AM

(The Critic is silenced)

Well done, very nicely programed...

I was wondering if there might be a way to adjust the halo image... If you could make a extra skins for the dancer (customizable with available house clothing), and a few different colours for the base...

(Think Tank continues...)

Let the light shine through.

Cool... They got the pets added...
Now all they have to do is add the Farms in Sims 2.
Test Subject
#73 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 8:49 AM
it`s great but does it spoils?
Field Researcher
#74 Old 14th Jun 2006 at 1:01 AM
Quite cool. A futuristic addition for the clubs my futuristic 'hoods.

"I always wanted to fly in strange machines"
Test Subject
#75 Old 14th Jun 2006 at 11:33 PM
WOW! That is cool...

You think you could make some with Twi'leks? It would totally spice up my Star Wars cantinas....
Page 3 of 4