Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[Testers Wanted] Long hair with side part *UPDATED 2-25-05* Added chin length version

by faeriegurl Posted 24th Feb 2005 at 6:17 AM - Updated 13th Apr 2005 at 4:20 PM by faeriegurl : fixed issues - new zip file

130 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 129 Feedback Posts
Page 3 of 6
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 10:47 PM
oh my gosh she looks like a super model! i love this hair! thank you!
Test Subject
#52 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by faeriegurl
I could easily make a shorter mesh of this hair if you would like... I noticed something when I was attempting to do a recolor of this also...

Any idea what is up with this black thing?

I don't know how to fix it, but it's harder to see if you create a darker shaded hair.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#53 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 10:53 PM
Just so all of you know... if you noticed my post about the black part of the hair I am trying to figure out what exactly is causing it - I think I have identified the problem and I will be posting a fixed version asap. I am also going to make a shorter mesh (about chin length is what you wanted correct?), which I will also post when I am done.
Test Subject
#54 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 11:02 PM
Wow! It'll look great with my custom bangs!
Test Subject
#55 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 11:03 PM
Yeah, chin length or for reference - close to the length as seen in the pic I posted. Thank you in advance for the mesh and the alpha fix to the current hairstyle.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 12:00 AM
Very pretty! Will go and test it soon
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 12:43 AM
really cute!! (love it if anyone can make it fringy on the ends)
Forum Resident
#58 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 12:59 AM
Cool pretty I will try it later
Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 1:21 AM
Lovely, thanks!
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 2:46 AM
I've been waiting for hair like this thanks so much for making
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#61 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 5:27 AM
I fixed the mesh problems and uploaded a new zip file. The sim I put up has also been updated. Please let me know if you encounter any new problems. Thanks all for testing!

PS - It is 12:30 am here, so I am going to bed :snore: ... I will put up the shorter version of the mesh sometime tomorrow.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 5:50 AM
lol I feel like a pain today but i've run into the same problem as I did with your other hair....the new mesh overwrote the old one, however, the other file did not overwrite the old one....I don't know if I have it or not :argh: lol....what is the name of the old file for the brown parted hair?....I want to do a search for it to see if I have it or not just in case :banghead:....by the way, the mesh file is a .bak file....just wanted to let you know ....love the hair, keep up the great work :bow:
Test Subject
#63 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 6:02 AM
I've never posted here before (though I've downloaded like a madwoman) but I just had to now to THANK YOU! You made my hair exactly, same color same style, my sim loves you!
Beautiful Girl from Norway
#64 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 1:19 PM Last edited by Nemi_89 : 25th Feb 2005 at 1:23 PM.
Well i fixed my pc , and here are my recolors , (changed the alpha a bit)but i'm not sure about with colors there are, b'cause i had 6 pic's and 13 files :confused: ... so tell me if there are any colors missing or somethin. well i hope u like them..
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  3ca547de_aside2.rar (8.52 MB, 769 downloads)

Nobody likes u, everyone left u they'r all out without u, having fun...
#65 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 2:00 PM
I really like this hairstyle too...It can make an ugly sim pretty! Thank you very much!
#66 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 2:41 PM
Very beautiful work, thank you
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 3:38 PM Last edited by MissTech03 : 25th Feb 2005 at 3:42 PM. Reason: DUH!
Thanks so much. This hair is just beautiful. Hoping you will be adding more colors too! Thanks again for all the hard work!

DUH- Ok right after I postedthe original message I saw the post with all the new colors! Talk about great service! LOL!

Thanks so much for doing such great work! Off to download! Thank you again!
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 6:32 PM
Nice job!!!!
Test Subject
#69 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 6:55 PM
Love this hair, it's one of my favorites....I also love the recolors by Nemi....Can someone tell me how to change a .bak file into a .package file? Thanks again for sharing
Test Subject
#70 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 7:17 PM
If your in XP and can see the .bak just click once on the name (to select it) then once again (i.e. dont double click) delete the .bak laving just the name of the file and type .package and it should alter the file type. If you have SimPE it should be easy as the icon for the file should change to the SimPE icon if correct.
Test Subject
#71 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 7:44 PM
Thank You, Gazelle. I appreciated your help...going to try it now...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#72 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 7:52 PM
I fixed the zip so the .package file is included. Sorry to confuse people with the .bak thing - I didn't notice that I did that until you said something...
Test Subject
#73 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 7:58 PM
thanx I love the hair so much and Nemi thx for the recolors :D
Instructor
#74 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 9:22 PM
yes i do love this hair its so pretty
Test Subject
#75 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 2:23 AM
Excellent recolors there, Nemi_89. It's good to see a Sim artist that makes hair recolors that are *not* exaggerated on contrast. The colors are in perfect balance, in my opinion. Good quality as well. Thanks!
Page 3 of 6