Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[Testers Wanted] Long hair with side part *UPDATED 2-25-05* Added chin length version

by faeriegurl Posted 24th Feb 2005 at 6:17 AM - Updated 13th Apr 2005 at 4:20 PM by faeriegurl : fixed issues - new zip file

130 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 129 Feedback Posts
Page 4 of 6
Test Subject
#76 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 4:11 AM
faeriegurl, I just wanted to let you know that this one is working perfectly in my game. That means no long PM from me this time. Just a thank you. :D
Test Subject
#77 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 4:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by annadee
I really like this hairstyle too...It can make an ugly sim pretty! Thank you very much!

LOL The first thing I used this hairstyle for was to help make an ugly sim pretty, and it worked. It covers just enough face.

Thanks faeriegurl for the update, tested it and it works great.
Forum Resident
#78 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 5:37 AM
Oh, thank you - I just hate hair parted in the middle - ack!
Forum Resident
#79 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 6:12 AM
love the recolors soo much! and the original mesh is just superb. thanks!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#80 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 6:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Helper Monkey
Yeah, chin length or for reference - close to the length as seen in the pic I posted. Thank you in advance for the mesh and the alpha fix to the current hairstyle.

Here is the shorter version of the mesh.

Attached files:
File Type: zip  chinlengthsidepart.zip (883.5 KB, 1643 downloads)

~faeriegurl~
Sims 2 Creations - http://www.sims2creations.com

faerie's blog - http://spaces.msn.com/members/enchantedrealm/
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 12:44 PM Last edited by annadee : 26th Feb 2005 at 12:52 PM. Reason: I'm silly.
Quote: Originally posted by DianeLuvsMunky
LOL The first thing I used this hairstyle for was to help make an ugly sim pretty, and it worked. It covers just enough face.

Thanks faeriegurl for the update, tested it and it works great.

lol great minds must indeed think alike!

appears perfect, thanks for updating!
Forum Resident
#82 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 1:06 PM
oooh...i love the new shorter version. please someone make recolours of it! :D
Test Subject
#83 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 1:35 PM
Default new colors
Quote: Originally posted by Nemi_89
Well i fixed my pc , and here are my recolors , (changed the alpha a bit)but i'm not sure about with colors there are, b'cause i had 6 pic's and 13 files :confused: ... so tell me if there are any colors missing or somethin. well i hope u like them..

Is there anyway to make these files seperate. I have dialup and would take an hour to download them together and would time out. ugh

Thanks
Beautiful Girl from Norway
#84 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by p00jkins
oooh...i love the new shorter version. please someone make recolours of it! :D

I will make some werry soon

Nobody likes u, everyone left u they'r all out without u, having fun...
#85 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 1:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jcking32
Is there anyway to make these files seperate. I have dialup and would take an hour to download them together and would time out. ugh

Thanks

I will do it by tomorw .. im gonna post them on dowloades though

Nobody likes u, everyone left u they'r all out without u, having fun...
#86 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 3:43 PM Last edited by Helper Monkey : 26th Feb 2005 at 3:45 PM.
Thanks for the new mesh. Currently, if anyone is interested, I'm making an alpha mod of the chin length version that will give it a subtle jagged edge on the end of the hair.
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 3:52 PM
Wow this hair looks just like my student teachers hair. Dont worry thats a compliment. Lol It is very beautiful but it seems like thats been said. Lolz. Cant wait for some recolors!
Test Subject
#88 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 3:53 PM
Here is a pic of what I had in mind, it's nothing special, just will give it a 'non-perfected' edge to the hair.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#89 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 5:23 PM
I am wondering if anyone noticed a very minor problem with the hair. If rotated to the side, the underside of the parts disappear. Normally, to fix this problem, I can completely white out the different alphas to find the culprit, but none of them worked. Here's a pic of what's happening -
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#90 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 7:16 PM
ooh..the chin-length version is gonna look very cute on my halle berry sim yay.

also, thanks to whoever did the recolors...i needed a blonde version of the original mesh .
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 8:15 PM
looks realy good in game thanx
Field Researcher
#92 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 8:18 PM
beautiful faeriegurl....i'll post some recolors on my free site (http://www.helaene.com) soon!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#93 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 9:48 PM
Helper Monkey - I'll see if I can fix the problem with the underside of the hair, I'm glad you like it. Can you post your modified alpha with the jagged edge?

pseudonymph24 - Can you post your Halle Berry sim? I wanted one for my game. :howdy:
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 11:13 PM
Alright the origanal work but the recolors do not!! And after downloading for almost a hour cuz I have dail up Im a lil ticked off!! :smash: Would some one tell me what happened???? :werd:
Field Researcher
#95 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 11:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimShady18
Alright the origanal work but the recolors do not!! And after downloading for almost a hour cuz I have dail up Im a lil ticked off!! :smash: Would some one tell me what happened???? :werd:

ok as best I can tell, the recolour looks that way because whoever did it tweaked the alpha of the original mesh to remove the bangs, but did not remove the bang completely, hence the small area of bang on the side. It's easily fixable in PhotoShop or Paint Shop Pro if you have it. Unless the maker of the recolours fixes whatever it was they did themselves.

If you think you're a d/l whore,that must make me the madam... Don't forget, it's cash upfront or out on your a** you go!

If I've made a download you like, use the "Thank You" button!
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 12:23 AM
Wow now I am pissed I only have paintshop Not pro either!!
#97 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 12:49 AM
Cool, hair looks great. Going to try it out after dinner. Having ribs tonight! :D
Test Subject
#98 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 6:48 PM
Here is the alpha image, uses on all layers, for the jagged edge hair seen in my previously uploaded picture. It's nothing special, just a quick alpha mod to hopefully display a slightly-less perfected look to the hair
Attached files:
File Type: zip  afhair_Casual1~hair~stdMatBaseTextureName_alpha.zip (18.8 KB, 234 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 8:37 PM
grrr lol i had PSP but my free 60 day thing expired lol

i got my free trial for it at download.com
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#100 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Helper Monkey
Here is the alpha image, uses on all layers, for the jagged edge hair seen in my previously uploaded picture. It's nothing special, just a quick alpha mod to hopefully display a slightly-less perfected look to the hair

Thanks! ~FG

~faeriegurl~
Sims 2 Creations - http://www.sims2creations.com

faerie's blog - http://spaces.msn.com/members/enchantedrealm/
Page 4 of 6