Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Working Traffic Lights with Synchronised 2-way Walk/Don't Walk ***catalogue placement update 27 Feb***

by darylmarkloc Posted 26th Feb 2006 at 8:01 PM - Updated 17th Mar 2006 at 11:55 PM by darylmarkloc : OfB information

97 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 95 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 2nd Mar 2006 at 3:35 AM
very good!
Top Secret Researcher
#52 Old 3rd Mar 2006 at 4:59 AM
Omg! Thank you so much for this! Great creation!
Test Subject
#53 Old 3rd Mar 2006 at 10:07 AM
i downloaded this file and now most of my downloads are gone...when i went to find it in my folder to take it out...i can't find it yet when i try and download it again it says its in there??????? god help plzzzz
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#55 Old 3rd Mar 2006 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xmissbeehavin15x
i downloaded this file and now most of my downloads are gone...when i went to find it in my folder to take it out...i can't find it yet when i try and download it again it says its in there??????? god help plzzzz

I'm really not sure what you mean...

I live vicariously through my Sims. This is a sad reflection on my life and theirs.
Test Subject
#56 Old 3rd Mar 2006 at 9:01 PM
wow thank you for this!!! makes the downtowns that much more better!!!
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 8:46 PM
wow this is a great object I love it. thank you! :-)

I just have one question....anytime I wanna place it on some spots (like the ones on your screenshots) I cant place them there....I m told that I cannot place behind the border or so....even with moveobjects on I cannot place it there even tho there s space enough do I need another cheat to make it placeable at the corners of my lot?

thank you
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#58 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LegolasFFM
..anytime I wanna place it on some spots (like the ones on your screenshots) I cant place them there....I m told that I cannot place behind the border or so....even with moveobjects on I cannot place it there even tho there s space enough do I need another cheat to make it placeable at the corners of my lot? thank you

It sounds like you too have Open for Business. Maxis for reasons known only to themselves have disabled the moveobjects function for everything but floor textures on the road side of the sidewalk As far as I know, no one has yet found a way around this. It sucks big time since it means 'street decoration' now has to go inside a lot, which looks just stupid. I am hoping someone finds a fix soon, as a lot of my own stuff and many other people's fine street decorations require to be placed at the edge of the road.

I live vicariously through my Sims. This is a sad reflection on my life and theirs.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 9:10 PM
yep I have ofb and all other ep´s too.

I bet there s a cheat for that option ...in sims one there was a great cheat for stuff like that. but I dunno if anyone knows the cheat...but I bet there s one
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 12:15 PM
Really original and much appreciated piece of functional urban art work
Thank you !
Test Subject
#61 Old 7th Apr 2006 at 12:19 AM
Its objects like this that have me setting up a seperate install with only TS2/UNI/Nightlife. Its sad though that we have to resort to that, I mean how hard could it be for Maxis to find and fix the moveobjects problem in OFB? They were even asked about it in one of the recent chats and acted like they didn't know. I find that a bit hard to believe, that or its proof they're not very aware of how they're game and its mechanics are being used

Anyway, thanks for a great street decoration!
Test Subject
#62 Old 14th Apr 2006 at 10:50 AM
this is very cool.I'm very impressed thx for this

Were not tools of the government or anyone else fighting was the only thing, the only thing I was good at.
Test Subject
#63 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 8:46 PM
Great upload! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 29th Apr 2006 at 3:59 AM
Um, is it in community? I wish for a community version only so I don't have it in my home cat. You get my drift? I will only download if in community only. Sorry.

[QUOTE]Artist Formally Known as Okalani You'll be seeing my posts for suggestions of what may help you improve your posts. I have S2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, and Seasons![QUOTE]
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#65 Old 30th Apr 2006 at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by okalani
Um, is it in community? I wish for a community version only so I don't have it in my home cat. You get my drift? I will only download if in community only. Sorry.

QUOTE from object description above: "...in the Buy Catalogue for Community/DT lots - Outdoors >> Lights..."

Get my drift?

Test Subject
#66 Old 13th May 2006 at 7:13 PM
Hi with which Cheat you have got the Trafficlight's in the street edge. Since it is the required set-back line. If I give *Moveobjects on / off* or *boolprop snapobjectstogrid true / false* one and something tries to put in the street edge it does not function. I would be glad if you helped me there.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 15th May 2006 at 5:01 PM
Great work!
Great Work !
Where did you get the postbox?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#68 Old 18th May 2006 at 4:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Basil131
Great Work !
Where did you get the postbox?

check my downloads page

Instructor
#69 Old 18th May 2006 at 2:30 PM
Well, its sad that Maxis disabled the "MoveObjects" outside the lot (street), but in fact theres a hack here somewhere that fixes it. Not sure, look for stuff by Numenor.

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. "
Test Subject
#70 Old 23rd May 2006 at 9:02 AM
Hi, how I get the objects to the street built? Who can help me????? I would be glad.
Instructor
#71 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 7:03 PM
Great! Fantastic!
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 11:58 PM
This is fantastic! It adds a little more realism to the game. Thank you.
Test Subject
#73 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 8:14 AM
this is so cool! thanks!
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 7:36 AM
Since no one mentioned it, I'll point out that the OFB patch is supposed to re-enable setting items next to the street.

Great work with this! A bit odd lights for us Americans (I've never seen the Amber+ patterns) but I love more just-because objects!
Test Subject
#75 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by darylmarkloc
Rymac - Wellll...where I come from..you get an amber and a green together to warn you the light is going to go red (how would you know if amber alone means going to red or going to green, otherwise?) Easy choice. What you generally don't get is an amber telling you light is about to go green (probably so as to not encourage people to gun their engines ready for the traffic light drag lol). But, regardless, different parts of the world use different patterns. Consider it generic..I had to decide on some 4 light sequence, that is just the one I chose..

Actually, at least where I live in the US, it just goes green, yellow, then red. The green light goes out when the yellow comes on, and there's no yellow to warn you it's about to go green, it just does.

Pity, too, because when I distract my boyfriend and he's driving he'd appreciate the extra few seconds notice.. hehe. I've been known to make him miss a light entirely
Page 3 of 4