Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Better-looking Pollination Tech

by L-J Posted 12th Dec 2004 at 8:58 AM - Updated 14th Oct 2008 at 8:24 PM by Christy1077

177 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 175 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 8
#126 Old 9th May 2005 at 11:06 PM
Hey sodiumlight

What does yours look like?
Test Subject
#127 Old 11th May 2005 at 2:42 PM
so gutted i only just found this thread! in the last week my sims have spawned 5 alien babies, some with very screwed up faces Pascal's little girl was really cute (huge big blue eyes! i dont care if they're stretched, they're adorable...), but there's one kid who's face is just deformed to the extreme. Such a shame because his personality is brilliant!

i hate how the alien kids are all related, my gene pool is tiny... but thankyou thankyou thankyou, i'll post again in a few weeks when i've had more alien spawn :o)
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 11th May 2005 at 4:24 PM
Thankyou, this will be pretty good because i hated the way that some aliens look like there face had been rammed into the back-end of a bus! They were so damn ugly they never had a hope in hell!

Thanks,

PM x

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤øPrincess Maria°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø

Who said a Princess had to be beautiful?
#129 Old 11th May 2005 at 11:55 PM Last edited by meetkitty123 : 11th May 2005 at 11:58 PM.
You know who makes the best looking alien?

Bella thats who...

Using SimPE I cloned her (u can also find her in exchange at the sim2 site and download her if you dont like toying with simpe) and I put it in my download file so it would show up when I went to create a family

In neighborhood mode i pressed ctrl shit C and typed in
boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
Then I went into creating a sim and click on the left side of the screen and then pressed shift and N to get into debugging mode

I took Bella and made her green and then I changed the eyes to alien eyes made her a teenager and added some makeup (pink and red colors) picked a cool red outfit (red is the Opposite of green so they compliment each others) and then gave her some parents (bella being one of them but I changed her name and a handsome alien father).

She is so beautiful.
Test Subject
#130 Old 27th May 2005 at 7:44 AM
I've also put it in my downloads folder and mine still end up fugly too. What am I doing wrong? They end up with HUGE eyes and weird noses and most have like... really thin lips. Any help?
Test Subject
#131 Old 27th May 2005 at 12:55 PM
waaaay no more ugly green kids!!! thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 27th May 2005 at 10:55 PM
A piece off warning: if you install the new PT after the first time you played the game the babys may still come out ugly... but if you make a "freshstart" (basicly re-install and install again installing the new PT before you play the game) the babies will have the new beauty traits. Hope that clears some doubts.

"original messege deleted for several typos"

98% of teenagers believe stupid statistics. If you're one of the 2% who doesn't, copy & paste this in your siggy.
Test Subject
#133 Old 28th May 2005 at 3:53 AM
Thanks a lot for your help! Now I can enjoy my little aliens...

BTW, to some who claim the change is not taking affect, did you age the infant into a toddler? I noticed that with some of mine the baby still looked like it shared the genes of the original Pollination tech, but once they aged I could see they in fact did have the replacement's genetics.

*Signatures were designed to make the post seem longer.*
Test Subject
#134 Old 28th May 2005 at 4:31 AM
Cool, right now.
Lab Assistant
#135 Old 31st May 2005 at 4:43 AM
I feel like such an idiot, that I am stuck. I made my alien replacement correctly ( a fae folk guy with the alien eyes and skin) and put him on a lot, exited game. In SimPE I opened the neighborhood browser and used sims browser to locate the sim by name. So far, so good. I extracted facial data by right clicking in the packed files list on top. Seems to work, but file is only 1k. Hmm. Now the problems. My sim has only 1 png file, and 3 files are listed under JPEG. I know there should be two of the png/tga or whatever they are. I extracted the one I found to the same location as the facial structure file. I also extracted all 3 jpgs, using default names, in case I needed them. So now I make a new pack, I think, by doing New from the SimPE menu. I right click that top packed file section and try to add these files. Nothing happens. Nothing shows. What am I doing wrong?
Field Researcher
#136 Old 3rd Jun 2005 at 1:21 AM
i for one really love the submissions for improved alien techs, i cycle them around so that my cross-pollinated kids have a bit of variety to them. most interesting ones i have were crossed with this robot bloke i have. some of his kids look like him but with big black eyes, others with big white eyes, others actually have the green skin... he has 5 kids, all very different... so thanks everybody for your hard work and research, it's been very helpful!
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 11th Jun 2005 at 10:48 PM
Um, I'm kinda confused. I only have to download him and then put him in the downloads folder and he'll show up in the game as the default pollination tech?
Field Researcher
#138 Old 12th Jun 2005 at 11:34 PM
Sick of green aliens? Want a different color?

http://www.insimenator.net/viewforum.php?f=20

I'm working on(site issue) getting a couple more colors up (Blue is up) and I just put up directions so people can do their own!

and yes these replace the default alien color

they don't affect the facial features of the pollitech so you can have better looking aliens that are also a better color :D
Test Subject
#139 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 12:25 AM
what do we do if we want to use Atlanteay's new PT?
Test Subject
#140 Old 19th Jun 2005 at 12:15 AM
YAY!!! Before, it took me three generations to stop having the alien children be beaten by the ugly stick. HARD.
Lab Assistant
#141 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by devylzangyl
Um, I'm kinda confused. I only have to download him and then put him in the downloads folder and he'll show up in the game as the default pollination tech?

yep it's that simple... and the best part is that if you have any sims alien pregement before you extract the new PT, the new alien kids will have the features off the new PT.

98% of teenagers believe stupid statistics. If you're one of the 2% who doesn't, copy & paste this in your siggy.
#142 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 6:16 PM
this will be great
betta g
o bye
Test Subject
#143 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 5:50 PM
Where da heck to i put the File Because I put it in downloads and it doesnt work Help me Please some one!
Test Subject
#144 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 9:20 AM
I have do a another pollinisation tech :howdy: ! Whatdo you think about it ?
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Martien Final.rar (89.5 KB, 36 downloads)

I not speak english very well...
Test Subject
#145 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 1:28 AM
Pollination Tech Mod
Cudos...to you for making a wonderful Pollination Tech. Thank you!
Test Subject
#146 Old 22nd Jul 2005 at 2:22 AM

what do you think of my polination dude?
Test Subject
#147 Old 23rd Jul 2005 at 2:21 PM
Original and beautiful !
Test Subject
#148 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 12:38 AM
yay.
Lab Assistant
#149 Old 24th Sep 2005 at 11:08 AM
I have a question - since this modifies game behaviour, is it compatible with the new expansion pack?? I want beautiful aliens, but am scared to install in case it crashes my game!

My avatar was the most beautiful teen I ever had in TS2, in a custom neighbourhood sadly lost to time about three laptops ago, but still remembered fondly!
Field Researcher
#150 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happenin_holly
I have a question - since this modifies game behaviour, is it compatible with the new expansion pack?? I want beautiful aliens, but am scared to install in case it crashes my game!

I'm not sure that this modifies game behavior as such. I think it mostly modifies the genetics of Pollination Smith so his kids aren't quite as oogly as they used to be. :sorry: if this is incorrect information. If you want to test whether it's going to work, take all your hacks out of your game except this one, load the game. if it crashes, then you'll have your answer

If you think you're a d/l whore,that must make me the madam... Don't forget, it's cash upfront or out on your a** you go!

If I've made a download you like, use the "Thank You" button!
Page 6 of 8