Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dizzy2's Baby Sitter for OFB (EP3)

by FreakyRufus Posted 5th May 2006 at 2:51 AM - Updated 20th Jan 2007 at 5:58 PM by FreakyRufus : incomatible with EP4

127 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 123 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Field Researcher
#26 Old 5th May 2006 at 11:37 AM
Even though I enjoy killing off the nanny-removing the steps in the pool while she's swimming is the best one-this is great! thanks!
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 5th May 2006 at 1:16 PM
Is there any way that this could be changed so that playable sims DO get to keep the cash? Would be a nice way for teens in the 'hood to earn a little extra cash.

"We don't quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Feel free to PM me with any lot requests. I've mostly done house trailers in the past.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 5th May 2006 at 3:07 PM
question --Does this also work with the Family Fun ep??

"I have chosen darkness as my guide, Broken is my heart, Pain walks by my side, Grey is my Reality."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 5th May 2006 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Purplepaws
Wow, this is so great! However, I don't necessarily want it to replace the nanny option. Is there a way to have them both?

Thanks! Not that I'm aware of. This replaces the built in function that summons the nanny. I'll take a look, and see if there might be a way to provide an option to call a nanny or to call a sitter. No guarantees, though.

Quote: Originally posted by Care
question --Does this also work with the Family Fun ep??

I don't have FFS, so I can't say. Maybe someone could try it out and post the results.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 5th May 2006 at 3:45 PM
Thanks for all the praise, everyone! I mainly did this because I missed it, too. I'm glad you all like it.

Remember, this is still "in testing" right now. The original version had a lot of testing, and as far as I can tell, only minor changes were needed to get it to work under OFB. Even so, just be aware that there may be some problems with it.
Test Subject
#31 Old 5th May 2006 at 4:27 PM
Thank you so much, this is a wonderful hack and now my sim babies, toddlers, and children will be safe instead of leaving them in the care of the nanny.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 5th May 2006 at 4:39 PM
she never freakin leaves! i invited my favorite sim to sitt and i had to kill her coz she never leave!

long live.........
Test Subject
#33 Old 5th May 2006 at 5:30 PM
Like when is their shift over? The guy has been here forever!
And another small thing, its kinda irritating that they age on the lot.
Forum Resident
#34 Old 5th May 2006 at 6:03 PM
Thank you this is such a amazing idea

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. There is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof-V
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#35 Old 5th May 2006 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sandyn
she never freakin leaves! i invited my favorite sim to sitt and i had to kill her coz she never leave!

I haven't tried it yet, but isn't there a "dismiss" option like with regular nannies? So when the parents get home you select them, click on the sitter, and click "dismiss"?

If they're really stuck you could probably just use MoveObjects to delete them. Not ideal, but still better than the nanny service.
Instructor
#36 Old 5th May 2006 at 7:09 PM
Thank you so much. I was hoping someone would update some of Dizzy2's hacks since his departure
Field Researcher
#37 Old 5th May 2006 at 8:49 PM
This is so great! Thank you thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!!!!

:O)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 5th May 2006 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fanseelamb
I haven't tried it yet, but isn't there a "dismiss" option like with regular nannies? So when the parents get home you select them, click on the sitter, and click "dismiss"?

If they're really stuck you could probably just use MoveObjects to delete them. Not ideal, but still better than the nanny service.

No, there is no dismiss option. I'll look into what's happening when I get home from work.

I know that this problem would rarely occur with the original version. When it happened to me, I made the sitter unselectable using the INsiminator. I think that you could also use Inge's teleporter bush to send them home. I haven't tried MoveObjects, but I think that should work, too.
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#39 Old 5th May 2006 at 9:40 PM
Ah, ok. You can also make sims unselectable with boolprop - I don't have INsiminator but I use boolprop all the time.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 5th May 2006 at 10:14 PM
Nice hack but the thing is how do we control the Sitter when our Sim is at their business?
Instructor
#41 Old 5th May 2006 at 10:17 PM
Multireply…

The sitter acts like a CONTROLABLE SIM. You decide what he or she does.

The sitter will turn into an unplayable Sim (a visitor) after the parents come home. This means that if they have good relations to the family played, they may stick around until asked to leave; if less good relations they will leave autonomously shortly after.

It can take over a Sim hour before the sitter becomes uncontrollable.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 6th May 2006 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IceFox
Nice hack but the thing is how do we control the Sitter when our Sim is at their business?

You don't. Calling a sitter over before going downtown or going to a sim's business simply lets you leave the lot without any resident adults to supervise the children. If a family had two parents, and one of them went off to run the business while the other stayed at home to take care of the kids, you would control the sim at the business, and won't be able to control the sim staying at home until the business owner returns home. It's the same thing with the sitter, except that for some reason, the sitter will not be there when you get home. BUT, you will be able to leave the lot without risking a visit from the social worker just for running your business.

Also, why do you need to control the sitter when you are playing your sims on a community lot? Your sim will come home just a few sim minutes after they left the lot, so the kids won't really be in danger of going into desperation.
Test Subject
#43 Old 6th May 2006 at 2:53 PM
Default Sitter
When I click on sitter then the phone hangs up and they drop the phone. It's not working for me. Also I have sitter on my service long like 3 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 6th May 2006 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dremeika
When I click on sitter then the phone hangs up and they drop the phone. It's not working for me. Also I have sitter on my service long like 3 times.

Which expansion packs do you have? This version works only with Open for Business. If you don't have OFB, you need the original version of the mod by dizzy2.

If you do have OFB, are you sure you are using my version of sitter (called "sitter ofb")? That is the exact behavior that happened when using the original version (called "Sitter1f") with OFB.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 6th May 2006 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FreakyRufus
You don't. Calling a sitter over before going downtown or going to a sim's business simply lets you leave the lot without any resident adults to supervise the children. If a family had two parents, and one of them went off to run the business while the other stayed at home to take care of the kids, you would control the sim at the business, and won't be able to control the sim staying at home until the business owner returns home. It's the same thing with the sitter, except that for some reason, the sitter will not be there when you get home. BUT, you will be able to leave the lot without risking a visit from the social worker just for running your business.

Also, why do you need to control the sitter when you are playing your sims on a community lot? Your sim will come home just a few sim minutes after they left the lot, so the kids won't really be in danger of going into desperation.

Well I was wonderin how I would do it. Anhyways, thank you. So I can just hire the siotter and leave the lot, and when I get back the Kid will be okay, and stuff?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 6th May 2006 at 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IceFox
Well I was wonderin how I would do it. Anhyways, thank you. So I can just hire the siotter and leave the lot, and when I get back the Kid will be okay, and stuff?

Yes, that's always been my experience. Remember, when you send your sims to a community lot and they are gone for many hours, then when they return home, only a few minutes have passed on the home lot.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 6th May 2006 at 9:18 PM Last edited by dadditude : 6th May 2006 at 9:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by FreakyRufus
Yes, that's always been my experience. Remember, when you send your sims to a community lot and they are gone for many hours, then when they return home, only a few minutes have passed on the home lot.

This is because all vehicles in the world of The Sims 2 are equipped with Dr. Emmet Brown's Flux Capacitor(tm) technologies. Just make sure you have some plutonium or a handy-dandy Mr. Fusion to help generate the required 1.21 gigawatts of electricity.

"We don't quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Feel free to PM me with any lot requests. I've mostly done house trailers in the past.
Test Subject
#48 Old 7th May 2006 at 2:14 AM
Default no thanks
I am having a problem w/ the sitter . Its don't work I get the error box..(cancal , delet ,? )..Can you help ,cause now I can't go out cause I have no nanny..

LuckyCalico1
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#49 Old 7th May 2006 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by luckycalico1
I am having a problem w/ the sitter . Its don't work I get the error box..(cancal , delet ,? )..Can you help ,cause now I can't go out cause I have no nanny..

I've never seen that. Do you have any mods installed that effect the social worker, or any other mods that effect the nanny? It might be a conflict with one of them. You can check for conflicts between mods with a program found here.

For a quick workardound, you can remove this mod so that you can call the original nanny and go out.
Test Subject
#50 Old 7th May 2006 at 6:11 AM
Okay just to double check here... if my sitter won't leave I can delete them using move objects and it won't effect them anywhere else in the game... even if they are say a family member who is in college and started out in that household?
Page 2 of 6