Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dizzy2's Baby Sitter for OFB (EP3)

by FreakyRufus Posted 5th May 2006 at 2:51 AM - Updated 20th Jan 2007 at 5:58 PM by FreakyRufus : incomatible with EP4

127 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 123 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 6
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 1st Jun 2006 at 9:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FreakyRufus
Sorry, I was wrong. If you choose the nanny as the sitter, the dialog will pop up asking you if you want her to come on your schedule, or just for now, but she will never show up.

Any chance of fixing that? If you can't fix it, any chance you can keep her from showing up in the dialog? Makes no sense for her to show up if she won't work.

"We don't quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Feel free to PM me with any lot requests. I've mostly done house trailers in the past.
Instructor
#77 Old 7th Jun 2006 at 11:25 PM
Didn't Squinge come out w/ a hack enabling aging off for individual sims? Maybe you could take some cues from that hack and invoke aging off only for the sitter sim?
Field Researcher
#78 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 9:19 PM
This is a great hack and have used it a few times. Today I made the Oldies young and have a couple of kids, they hired a sitter and he was great, He even fell asleep while eating, the only thing is he never went home, he slept in a bed and eventually I got him a job and a place of his own, he was a townie by the name of remmington and I don't mean the male maid. He came with 9 cooking points so he may have a cake shop one day.
Thanks for this hack I love it. But is it possible to have the sitter do more with the toddlers then bath, hug, potty and feed them, like teaching them to walk etc. I know I am being greedy. a great hack and many thanks.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 12:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by idtaminger
Didn't Squinge come out w/ a hack enabling aging off for individual sims?

I don't know whether Squinge made one, but I do know that Monique made one. I've just started using it, and so far so good.
Field Researcher
#80 Old 14th Jun 2006 at 11:23 PM
I love this mod...I've been using it for awhile now, and it works great!! Thank you for updating it!

I am just curious...does anyone know where Dizzy is? It's been a long time.

--green
Instructor
#81 Old 15th Jun 2006 at 9:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by greeneyedsims
I am just curious...does anyone know where Dizzy is? It's been a long time.

Pescado (from MATY) claims Dizzy2 is dead. I've also seen claims he was called to America's war in Iraq, or that he supposedly stated he was tired of the Sims2 community.

There are no facts known, he just disappeared unfortunately without leaving a farewell message at all.
Test Subject
#82 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 1:43 AM
Default File types
Can you make it a zip file. If so email me at [email protected] and tell me where I could find it.
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 12:45 AM
What should we edit to increase the price of this? I love the hack but it seems so cheap and cheatish.

"It is better to die by the truth than to live by a lie."
Test Subject
#84 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 9:42 PM
I can't get the babysitter to put my toddlers in to the crib. I don't internet access at home now, so I can't download anything else. Is there any known conflicting hacks?

Visit my Myspace at http://www.myspace.com/monicav1982
PG-13 (with language) site, just to be warned. :)
"Procrastinate Later"
"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you "
"Bungee jumping--suicide for the unsure!"
Test Subject
#85 Old 25th Sep 2006 at 10:20 PM
Hey you did a great job but just so I know, how do i get rid of the mod if i want to ??

Forget the things we swore we meant.
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 11:52 PM
Thank you for this! I hate the nanny service with a passion (she changes the diapers of potty trained toddlers, puts sleepy toddlers in the high chair, never bathes the toddler unless I had used the mind control mirror). I had problems at first, but then I realized I had yours and the original sitter mod. I removed the non-ofb one (since I needed the OFB one you made) and it worked fine. I only wish I could make the sitter stay longer.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#87 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 6:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tara883
Hey you did a great job but just so I know, how do i get rid of the mod if i want to ??

To get rid of the mod, just remove the file "sitter ofb.package" from your Downloads directory (My Documents\EA Games\The Sims2 Downloads on Windows) or whichever subdirectory you put it in.
Top Secret Researcher
#88 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 1:09 PM
This is an awesome mod! Thank you so much for making it! I can't wait to try this out!
Test Subject
#89 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 8:32 AM
Not compatible with Pets, causes the carpool for the dog's job not to appear.
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 3:51 AM
Since pets it dosent even show up in the game anymore for me...
Field Researcher
#91 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 2:21 PM
The same with me is that it doesn't even let the option show up, it just reverts back to the older Nanny. Will you be updating this? I really love this hack. ^_^

Garden of Shadows; for your goth side.
Test Subject
#92 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 3:14 AM
Hello! As the posters above have mentioned, this no longer works with Pets. And, honestly, it makes me want to CRY because this is like...my favorite hack, next to Insimenator and Monique's Computer. Top three MUST-HAVES.

Please, you must take pity on us! Without you, we are stuck leaving our precious little Sim children with......*GASP*.....THE NANNY! The horror!

Anyway, if you would be so kind and if you could find the time to update this truly WONDERFUL hack, I'd...well, I'd be so happy that I'd give you a big, squishy hug. :D

Thank you very much!
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 4:08 AM
I just wanted to let you know, this hack prevents the carpool from showing up for pets with jobs. I didn't even try using it, but I was having this problem with the carpools and narrowed it down to this one. I hope that it can be updated soon as well.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#94 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 6:39 PM
Hi, all. I don't have the Pets expansion, yet, and so I wasn't aware of the problem. I don't know when I plan on getting it. If someone else wants to work on it, and can figure out what the conflict is, then go for it! Otherwise, I'm afraid that you'll just have to hold on until I'm able to get the expansion, and am able to debug the issues with the babbysitter.
Field Researcher
#95 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 2:52 PM
I would, but I don't know where to start with these things

In the meantime, there's always the "lobo nanny" mod from http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf - it makes the nanny more useful
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 11:05 AM
Any chance this will be updated for Pets?
Test Subject
#97 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sadie79
I would, but I don't know where to start with these things

In the meantime, there's always the "lobo nanny" mod from http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf - it makes the nanny more useful

Ooooh, right, the lobo nanny! I had forgotten about that. Maybe I'll use that until someone makes an update for this. I wonder if there is a request thread for this sort of thing? Maybe Squinge will know how! He knows how to do damned near everything else!
Field Researcher
#98 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 12:15 PM
I would, the original nanny's as useful as a perforated parachute
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 9:56 PM
ohhhhhhh, yes, I had this problem about the carpool for pets too, I just got rid of my mods, but didn't realise it was this one. Please Please Please, someone update, this is an AWESOME mod, perhaps the best I have ever had. Helps families keep together . Thanks FreakyRufus.

Dooglebear
Test Subject
#100 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 3:29 PM
Would love for someone to update it for Pets. Thank you for all the wonderful work.
Page 4 of 6