Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dizzy2's Baby Sitter for OFB (EP3)

by FreakyRufus Posted 5th May 2006 at 2:51 AM - Updated 20th Jan 2007 at 5:58 PM by FreakyRufus : incomatible with EP4

127 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 123 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 6
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#126 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 7:49 AM Last edited by green2000chevy : 18th Oct 2012 at 11:13 PM.
My laptop has limited space so I have Life Stories installed with a custom Belladonna Cove Neighborhood (houses, townies and npcs are all from Four Corners). The nanny does not seem to modify her schedule whenever a sim gets promoted, so calling a sitter is a better option.

I found this mod works on Life Stories except the sitter would not feed the baby. I successfully used SimPE to export the Life Stories version of the feed baby behavior info and replaced that portion of the interactions. I doubt many people are playing LS, but if anyone is I can upload my Stories version of the sitter with this fix.

Update on Oct 18th: The sitter has limited interactions available for toddlers, but can give the child a bottle and potty train the child. Autonomous actions such as tickling and playing with the toddler have been seen when I do not assign tasks to the sitter.
Theorist
#127 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 6:04 PM
I have up to Seasons and use this mod, it does work for me. I've only used it a few times though. Once when a couple went out on a date which the sitter doesn't actually need to do anything and was gone when they returned. Hence, no social worker visit. I also have a newly married couple just graduated from college, the groom has his child age brother living with them. They went to work when I suddenly remembered the social service problem. The boy would have been alone for an hour before the adults came home. I had saved just before the adults left, put a desk & phone just inside the gate for the boy to leave his homework and call the sitter. He did make the call and there were no problems. Just getting rid of the sitter but the older brother asked her to leave.

You can control the sitter in limited care giving ways. I did test that he would pick up the toddler etc., before leaving. You can't really interact like normal with sitter. When the couple left, the sitter was dancing along with the toddler. When they came back, the toddler was still happily dancing while the sitter was gone. Friends will show up on list of sitters along with townies or other playables not yet friends.

For those wishing to pay a teen or anyone else, use the checkbook (forgot where it's from) and send a check to the sitter. It appears in their inventory, they just click to cash it.

Not sure if this has been updated but thanks to the creator for it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#128 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 8:10 PM
Thanks for this now my sim can go work and leave the Child. with her kids dad :D
Page 6 of 6