Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ascension V2 - more colors (and recolorable)

by Targa Posted 17th Oct 2005 at 6:19 PM - Updated 17th Oct 2005 at 6:26 PM by Targa

66 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 56 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 5th Jan 2006 at 3:59 PM
Its cute thanks

(\__/)
( ^.^)
(")__(")98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your siggy.
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 5:29 PM
thank you.
Test Subject
#28 Old 16th Jan 2006 at 12:26 PM
great job!
Forum Resident
#29 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 5:55 PM
You think of the best stuff. This is soooo handy. Thank you for all your work.
Test Subject
#30 Old 5th Feb 2006 at 10:52 PM
To Targa:
First off, let me state that I love your work! Your content is ingenious and always original! I would like to include your Ascension stairs in one of my houses, but I would like to make it a .exe file for the technically challenged. Instead of directing them to the thread, I would like to include them in the file. Of course I would say that this house would not have been possible without Targa's Ascension stairs, give a link to your member page, and finally say that it is included and when they run the file everything will be there. It would be greatly appreciated!
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#31 Old 5th Feb 2006 at 11:59 PM
pspguy11465, this is in the included readme file:
Quote:
Lot Packages:
You may include the custom object in your lot package with the following restriction(s):

Lots containing my objects must ONLY be uploaded to www.modthesims2.com

You may include the object in your packaged lot, but you must add to your post the
following statement (or something similar... it doesn't have to be this exact wording):
"This lot uses the following custom content:" (you'll normally say that anyway)
(My object name) by Targa, included in the download with permission, which you can read
about here:
(link to original thread of mine with the custom object)

So for example, a post might look like this:

Ladder Stairs by Targa (included with permission), which you can read about here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=96542

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Test Subject
#32 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 4:18 AM Last edited by pspguy11465 : 6th Feb 2006 at 4:19 AM. Reason: misspell
And this is ok for all creators? I also want to use some of Moon_Ez's stuff in this lot, but in the .exe file I made I fully acknowledged both creators and linked to their repsective threads. Is that ok?
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#33 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 5:29 AM
This was with Targa's download. Moon_Ez should have his own.

Test Subject
#34 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 5:51 PM
Targa rocks!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 19th Feb 2006 at 12:24 AM
These are great!
Test Subject
#36 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 1:46 AM
thank you soo much. your items are incredible!
Field Researcher
#37 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 3:10 PM
Is there any way to stop my sims from sitting on or standing around on these? Sims will decide to "hang out" and invariably one will choose to sit on this and block its use for everyone else. Or someone will use this to go to the 2nd floor to talk to another sim. When they arrive they realize that the 2nd sim is busy so they just stand there on this while waiting for the other sim to finish eating, or whatever they are doing.

I always install at least 2 of these in a house to aid in traffic, but often sims will stand around and yell repeatedly rather than choose to use the other one. I end up having to use "moveobjects on" to move an offending sim. It would be better if there was a way for a sim to be "kicked off" of the platform once they reach their destination.

Running: Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT & AL. Patched.
Test Subject
#38 Old 7th Apr 2006 at 6:25 AM
how do you download the stairs?and what file do you put it on for it to work?PLEASE i relly want to try this out
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#39 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 6:48 PM
Download one of the Targas_Ascension_V2 files and extract it into your downloads folder.

Test Subject
#40 Old 4th Jun 2006 at 9:43 PM
Awesome. I loved the first ones and I can't wait to use this set in-game. I'm going to use the glass block one in a lot upload, ok?

Quote:
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. -Philippians 4:13
Field Researcher
#41 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 5:31 PM
Fantastic! I've loved these "stairs" for a long time, but they often didn't go with my decor. I still used them anyway, heh. Now I'll probably get a LOT of use out of the invisible one.
Thanks!
Scholar
#42 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 7:02 PM
great, thanks

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 4:26 AM
I love your elevators. Someone told me about them awhile back, and now I use them in ALL my lots. But pets can't seem to use them. This may be a good thing to some people, but I would like my pets to be able to use the elevator/stairs. Is this possible? Thanks!
Forum Resident
#44 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 9:16 PM
Cheers 'Targa' this is probably one of the most useful & most used objects in my entire downloads folder - thanks!...

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Field Researcher
#45 Old 26th Nov 2006 at 10:42 PM
Hi Targa, any chance of making your Ascension stairs pet friendly? My pet tried to use it (needed to go to a different floor for a bath) and it caused a problem in my game. I ended up having to delete the stairs and replace them because forcing an error to reset did not fix the problem.

Have a bright platinum diamond day!
Deb
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 1:33 AM
wow now i can have more the one in my house instead of the maxis bulky one especially in big houses 4 floors thankyou for sharing
Top Secret Researcher
#47 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 7:40 AM
Thanks Targa! Space saver!
Test Subject
#48 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 6:01 AM Last edited by o0Soule0osims : 30th Aug 2007 at 5:38 AM.
Great for "floating" houses! Except... Pets still have the walk animation when using this. Looks really wrong. The only way around i see is to place walls and a door around it and lock out pets. Would really love a Pet compatible Ascension. Otherwise its my most used staircase. Great job!
Test Subject
#49 Old 26th Nov 2007 at 11:22 PM
This is sooo cool, who needs elevtors with this, if only we had stairs like this in real life. darn sims get all the good stuff
Test Subject
#50 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 3:05 AM
These are great! It's so convenient to have just a ONE tile elevator instead of like a 4 or 5 tile elevator/stairs. These open up so many archtectural possiblities. Thanks!
Page 2 of 3