Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*Testers Wanted* Fully Animated/Functional Soda Pop Vending Machine

by pacotacoplayer Posted 27th Sep 2006 at 2:51 AM - Updated 19th Mar 2009 at 1:52 PM by -Maylin-

136 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 124 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Test Subject
#51 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 11:23 AM
Spectacular !!! Thanks goodjob
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 11:35 AM
Call me crazy, but...I don't like soda. Gah, it burns!!! Anyway, this is awesome! Can't imagine how long it took you to figure it out.

Hey fellow simmers, I'm not here at the moment. I've left the simming community for other hobbies in life. Eventually I will be back. Until then, don't expect any of your questions to be answered. Until I come back....

Happy simming!
Forum Resident
#53 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 11:43 AM
Scholar
Original Poster
#54 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 12:33 PM Last edited by pacotacoplayer : 27th Sep 2006 at 12:53 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Purplepaws
I have to agree with cokenasmile. I LOVE the concept, but there are just a few too many things that leave room for improvement. (Namely, the squatty pop can shape and button animations. Also, is there any way to remove the doorbell sound?)

I hope I don't sound nit-picky, because I really appreciate the work you put into this. Good job, and if you ever make an updated version, I'd love to see it!

The doorbell sound...wasn't able to take that away I mentioned tht it had the doorbell sound in the post. The animations are really hard to get exact for the button-pushing. I don't know why its turning out dark in coke's game....

When I do make an updated version (if i can) I will add/fix the following:

1. Try and see why coke's texture s dark (is this happening to anyone else?)
2. Stretch the cola and fix the textue
3. Make your sims burp after they drink it
4. Make your sim drink it right after they buy it \
5. Oh yea and get better animations for the buttons of course!

And it will be a pepsi version maybe....or a better coke one

Quote: Originally posted by AbstractSIMmer187
LOL, ummmm whats up with the doorbell sound on the vending machine it sounds a bit fake, well great job this must of been VERY HARD to animate.

Yes, it was hard. I went TONS of times in and out of the game testing this and 49 of those times it didnt work. Little by little I advanced until I got what I have here.

And as for the doorbell sound....I mentioned it in my thread. It was either that or no button pushing at all. Sorry if I dissapointed you guys....I really hate dissapointing my downloaders and Im sorry if you are experiencing any problems at all. In my game this looked fine so I dont know why the logo is turning out very dark in your game. I'm looking forward to the updated version.

And as for all you who want to know what the heck are the ORANGE coaster tracks behind my child using the vender, read my journal

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

I'm currently taking requests until August 12th.
Test Subject
#55 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 12:52 PM
I wonder why this object isn't featured?
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 1:19 PM
*jawdrops* this is perfect! i always have one extra space in community lots that this will go great in!

Nothing From Nowhere, I'm No One At All, Radiate, Recognise One Silent Call As We All Form One Dark Flame
Incinerate

BLITZKREIG BOOM
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 2:01 PM
sweet peas

http://paradox-symphony.deviantart.com

If you like my creations then please rate and comment. I love feedback :D
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 2:14 PM
My younger sister and I where just talking about how we needed one of these just yesterday! Thank you!
Field Researcher
#59 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 2:25 PM
I've been looking for something like this for ages. And finally there's someone who acutally made it. So thank you VERY much for the vending machine!
Scholar
#60 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 2:45 PM
lol This is great I love Coke Thanks for making this!
Test Subject
#61 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 4:01 PM
It's just fantastic!! Congratulations!!
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 4:31 PM
Fontastik thanks for sharin
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 4:38 PM
Finally, a genius has granted my fondest wish! I thank you very much and I really appreciate this. I have been just dying for a Coke machine on my community lots. You really are amazing.
Field Researcher
#64 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pacotacoplayer
The doorbell sound...wasn't able to take that away I mentioned tht it had the doorbell sound in the post. The animations are really hard to get exact for the button-pushing. I don't know why its turning out dark in coke's game....

When I do make an updated version (if i can) I will add/fix the following:

1. Try and see why coke's texture s dark (is this happening to anyone else?)
2. Stretch the cola and fix the textue
3. Make your sims burp after they drink it
4. Make your sim drink it right after they buy it \
5. Oh yea and get better animations for the buttons of course!

And it will be a pepsi version maybe....or a better coke one

Yes, it was hard. I went TONS of times in and out of the game testing this and 49 of those times it didnt work. Little by little I advanced until I got what I have here.

And as for the doorbell sound....I mentioned it in my thread. It was either that or no button pushing at all. Sorry if I dissapointed you guys....I really hate dissapointing my downloaders and Im sorry if you are experiencing any problems at all. In my game this looked fine so I dont know why the logo is turning out very dark in your game. I'm looking forward to the updated version.

And as for all you who want to know what the heck are the ORANGE coaster tracks behind my child using the vender, read my journal

Just please let the update be a Pepsi machine. Pretty pretty please?

Any chance of an OFB version that actually credits the store it's in (if it's in one?)

I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults.
Test Subject
#65 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 5:24 PM
Oh!It's so cool.I like so much.
Thank you.
Field Researcher
#66 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 6:21 PM
This should be featured... Most likely it will be. Good job
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 6:21 PM
Paco you did such an amazing job i'm always in awe of the creative people who post their stuff here thank you for sharing with us =^_^=

"it is better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you are not"
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 6:36 PM
You are a god among men.
#69 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 6:46 PM
LOL I agree paco you should of got featured loooooooong ago this should be featured please some1 feature this

AbstractSIMmer187 Has Retired From Sims 2 Creating
All Of My Creations Are Found Here
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 6:57 PM
This is great,thanks!
Forum Resident
#71 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 7:01 PM
Thanks!, I used to have a complete set of Vending Machines in my original Sims game - So I kinda miss 'em. Nice to see this one for TS-2, thanks for uploading & sharing with us!...

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 7:35 PM
Wow! Super job! This is one of the best jobs of MTS! Thank you very much! ³
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 8:35 PM
this should so be featured!

"MARIOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!"- Princess Peach
Field Researcher
#74 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 8:47 PM
Neat pacotacoplayer!
Maybe you didn't like bottles! :D

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#75 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 9:09 PM
Guys quit the nagging- we decide what gets featured, its not popular vote here.

Paco good progress, really good. I hope you can get everything fixed up to make it perfect Youre well on your way tho already.
Page 3 of 6