Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

==Testers Wanted== UPDATED (05/12/06) Interaction Move In to all sim ages v2 [OFB Only]

by pinhead Posted 8th Mar 2006 at 9:00 PM - Updated 18th May 2006 at 5:45 PM by pinhead : v2 updated + unidorms feature added

35 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts
Page 2 of 2
Field Researcher
#26 Old 23rd Mar 2006 at 7:59 AM Last edited by syberspunk : 23rd Mar 2006 at 8:20 AM. Reason: forgot to attach file
Hi pinhead :wave:

As I mentioned in my PM, here is the zip of BHAVs needed to add the ability to Propose.../Move In dormies that live with you in the same dorm.

It seems to work okay... however... something is wrong with the portion for reporting the amount of simoleons that gets added to the household. I'm not sure if the numbers are just totally random. In two of my test runs, the number that shows up in the dialog box did not match the actual amount added to the household funds. I tried to look at your code for this, but it was a bit confusing.

Since I could not attach a file through a PM, I have zipped up the .xml and .simpe files Only and will attach it here. This way, you can add/replace the BHAVs in your original package, and there is no unfinished package available for other people. I don't want to put it as a package because I am afraid other people might download it and try to use it, when it isn't finished. I hope that is ok.

There are only two BHAVs that are needed:

7F859641-00001008
Move In - Allow? New

Add this to allow the interaction to work on Dorm Lots

7F01EC29-000021AC
Social - Proposition - Move In - TEST

Replace yours with this. I edited it to enable the option to show up on (non-playable sims) dormies that you live with in the same house.

I really hope we can get this to work. It would be really great. It seems to work so far, it's just the simoleons part that seems buggy. I tested it on both a dorm that started off with just one playable sim, and another separate dorm that started off with 3 playable sims. After getting a high enough relationship with one of the dormies (non-playable sim), the Propose.../Move In option showed up. In both households, it seems to correctly add the dormie, turning them into a playable sim/making them selectable. However, in both cases, the message reports adding $1000 simoleons, when the actual number seems to vary.

In other words, the household funds does change, but not by $1000. Also, the number that the household funds changes seems to be random. If I exit, and go back and test again, the message still says $1000, but the amount that is really added changes. I don't know if this means the amount is wrong or the message is wrong, or both. :shrug:

Anyways, I'm eager to find out if this is fixable. Hopefully it is a minor problem that you can figure out easily, since you already worked on that part.

Good luck and Cheers!

Ste

PS. - Feel free to PM me and let me know what's up. I'd be happy to help in anyway, if it's testing or digging through the code some more. I just thought it might be easier since you worked on that part already about the simoleons.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  moveinall_dorm_enabled_bhavs.zip (2.1 KB, 15 downloads)
Instructor
Original Poster
#27 Old 23rd Mar 2006 at 8:52 AM
Hi syberspunk!
ok! i downloaded your zip.
i will take a look at it soon that i got free time.

thanks!
Instructor
Original Poster
#28 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 10:09 PM Last edited by pinhead : 26th Mar 2006 at 1:13 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Pinhead
- fixed a problem with calculations of Simoleons when moved in.
(this weird problem was *probably*caused by something with the old version of PJSE BHAV editor.. I don't know what caused that, but recreating with a new version everything looks normal now)

looks like that still exist a little problem but now is only with the dialog showing the money that the sim is adding to the family (townie and NPCs only). It's a maxis mistake, so will be fixed in the next update for sure. I don't know why, but maxis made that value in the dialog always show as 1.000 simoleons string even when the value is another.

We (syberspunk and I) are working in another feature to include in this mod (thanks a lot for helping me out, syberspunk ). Anyway, will be posted as another option to download, since will only benefit people that have UNI installed with OFB (OFB is still required).

i will update the others versions about the dialog problem when this one is finished.

more news later.
thanks to all!
Systemic Anomaly
#29 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 10:48 PM
Maxis changed the Dialog primitive in OFB. There may be inconsistencies between the older format and the new.
Instructor
Original Poster
#30 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 12:32 AM
Hi jase!
hmm. I didn't notice about this. Thanks for the info, jase

anyway, looks like that isn't a problem with the dialog primitive. the fact is that to call the value to be placed in the dialog, maxis is dividing by 1000 one local string that is assigned to the money added to the family and after that assigning a 1000 value to the other local string.

anyway, i'm still looking if i catch something that need to use this calculation to the string value.

thanks jase!
Test Subject
#31 Old 10th May 2006 at 11:01 AM
Alas...
This hack doesn't work for me. I have tried both versions (normal and nofriends), I even cleaned out my download folder completely (except for one of these two files),still, no "propose -> move in" option at all (for a teenager who wants to ask an adult to move in).

I have Sims2 + University + Nightlife + Open for Business (installed in that order). I put the unzipped file into the downloads folder. Did I do something wrong, or has anyone any suggestions how I could make it work?
Field Researcher
#32 Old 10th May 2006 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OniMux
This hack doesn't work for me. I have tried both versions (normal and nofriends), I even cleaned out my download folder completely (except for one of these two files),still, no "propose -> move in" option at all (for a teenager who wants to ask an adult to move in).

I have Sims2 + University + Nightlife + Open for Business (installed in that order). I put the unzipped file into the downloads folder. Did I do something wrong, or has anyone any suggestions how I could make it work?

Try the nofriends one again. And make sure:

1) Custom Content is enabled
2) Downloads folder starts with a Capital 'D'
3) The house you are trying to move the adult into is not full already (I don't know if the game still strictly enforces an 8 sim limit...)

If custom content is enabled, your Downloads folder is correctly capitalized, the house is Not full, and you have no other hacks in your game... then this should work for all intents and purposes.

You can try turning on debug mode (boolprop testingcheatsenalbed true) and see if you get any errors. If so... .zip up and post the error log here.

Otherwise, I would be at a great loss as to why this wouldn't work for you. If the nofriends one works, then the friends one should work as well, so long as the two sims involved are friends. Make sure that, when you were testing the nofriends one, that you actually have the nofriends version. You should stick only one version in at a time while you test, otherwise you may not experience the behaviour you expect.

Ste
Test Subject
#33 Old 11th May 2006 at 8:44 AM Last edited by OniMux : 11th May 2006 at 8:52 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by syberspunk
Try the nofriends one again.
Check
And make sure:
1) Custom Content is enabled
Check
2) Downloads folder starts with a Capital 'D'
Check
3) The house you are trying to move the adult into is not full already (I don't know if the game still strictly enforces an 8 sim limit...)
Check

This is very funny: The household I play in has 4 persons in it:
Florence Delarosa (adult) and her 3 kids: Michelle (teenager), Marlene (Teenager) and Pierre (Kid).
I want to move in the adult townie Celeste Hanby, because she keeps messing up the places of Florence and Gilbert Jaquet (father of the 3 kids and object of affection to Celeste), after she caught the two flirting. She is friends with Marlene (but I don't know if that's enogh to ask her to move in successfully, that's why I tried the nofriends version, too.)
I saved the game when Celeste was already there, visiting. Now when I load the game Marlene (the teenager) CAN'T ask Celeste to move in, neither can Michelle nor Pierre but Florence (the adult who doesn't know Celeste very good) can.
So it seems to me the "nofriends" part of the hack is working, but the "enable teenagers/kids to ask someone to move in" part is not...

I entered "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" into the cheat window, but there was no resonse of any kind.
Instructor
Original Poster
#34 Old 11th May 2006 at 12:32 PM Last edited by pinhead : 11th May 2006 at 12:41 PM.
Yeah, i notice something wrong in my code this week that was not making the pie menu appear if the other sim have an interaction running. I already fixed but didn't uploaded yet. My plan is to release the new version with other small fixes (maxis mistakes) and a new version that i worked with syberspunk to propose dormies to move with you (they will be part of your family) in this week. we are testing about a month now and no problems was found.

thanks for pointing that out.

anyway, just to clarify something. If one of the sims has a relationship under short = -10/ long = -10 , the proposition will not appear. I made like this because don't make sense move sims that hates each other.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 5:21 PM Last edited by Ancient Sim : 11th Jun 2006 at 5:35 PM.
I have something called Give Townies Want Histories to stop memory loss on move-in, so I'm assuming I will have to take it out for this to work? If so, does that mean that if an adult moves in a townie adult, the townie adult will get their memories reset, or does that aspect of your mod also cover adult-adult move-ins? Unfortunately I don't know where I got this mod from so I can't check it - I thought it came from here, but I can't find it.

WHY DO SIMS NEVER EXPERIENCE A MID-LIFE CRISIS?
Instructor
Original Poster
#36 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 4:37 AM
Hi ancient sim!

probably you are using Squinge's Townie No memory loss (http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=136050). I already include this mod as not compatible with moveinall. You need to remove that one to use moveinall.

But if isn't this one, let me know to include in the incompatibility list.

The dialog to keep or reset the memories will appear to all ages, but only with townie sims. So, adult-adult propositions will show the dialog if the sim is a townie.
Page 2 of 2