Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#126 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 11:18 AM
i think maya does a more detailed reading of uv maps which could be why big mesh crash the mesh tool
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 8:31 PM Last edited by Eriksrocks : 14th Apr 2005 at 8:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by skinner
Anyone know why this is happening?
(im talking about the black blur on the bottom)

I know its a shadow but i adjusted the shadow (north,east,west,bottom)
away from the object by physically editing the obj file. So what do i do now? If it helps, it was the locker room lockers from the EP.

- Answer to my other problems -
I think i may have figured out how to get thoes objects i made into the game. As we know Wings can give you a bad obj file so i stick them into milkshape then export them again, it seems to fix them but no idea on the actual objects i had the problems with.

First, I haven't been here for a while, so I will try to answer as many questions as I can. Now that that's over with...

I have this problem on all of my meshes. It seems to be a problem with how SimPE renders light on the mesh. It should not be there in-game.
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 8:32 PM
new and need meshtool help please. I am a beginner and need to know what I need to create my own objects. I know that I need the mesh tool SimPe, and CEP what else do I need? I am using milkshape I do not know how to use this program is there any updated tutorials for milk shake and the mesh tool ? Will sone one please help me get started ?

Thank you a head of time
JM
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 8:38 PM
Default A beginner and need help please
I hope that I am posting in the correct place, if not please forgive me.

I would like to make my own objects and I know that I need the Mesh Tool , the SimPE and the Cep. I am using MilkShape and need a tutorial on making object through the mesh tool with it. Where can I get an up todate tutorial on this or some help with it please.

Thank you
JM
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 7:18 AM Last edited by shufonk : 18th Apr 2005 at 7:25 AM.
Default help
Hi I need a help..

I tried making new mesh bed several times but couldn't. Meshtool did not change GMDC of my new bed. (I have matched obj name and original one already.) I have give up make bed last days but find Bedframe importing tutorial today.

So, I found a factor of my problem. Please help.
When I load obj file with 'load 3d file' in "Edit an existing Mesh", meshtool does not show any popup massage like "Finished obj reading file number of models 1". It seems to meshtool can't read my obj files. I tried loading obj with another obj files but it still had no any response.
I can make new mesh objects with 'creat new mesh'. Meshtool can read new mesh obj. Modified bed frame obj is read in 'creat new mesh' too. what's wrong? I really want make new bed... :Puppy:

I use milkshape 1.7.4 and 3DS MAX 6.0. MeshTool version is 0.9.46.

Thank you.

*Happy simming*
Forum Resident
#131 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 12:16 PM
:howdy:
Hi all,
I went to make some new objects and when I go to the Mesh tool sight it says,
you need "Delph's Sims 2 Mesh Extractor"

When I click were it says Here, it takes me to a screen that say,

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Why is this and how can I get this tool?

Thanks.
Instructor
#132 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 12:26 PM
You don't need it anymore. It's incorporated into SimPE. I've been seeing a lot of people asking this latelty because of old tutorials so someone really needs to update those tutorials. :p
Lab Assistant
#133 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 12:55 PM
that kind of thing sloud be done freqantly

no ears
Forum Resident
#134 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 6:39 PM
Thank you, Motoki
Test Subject
#135 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 1:23 PM
Default maya problem
does any one know how to export obj from maya that doesnt look like this when imported to mesh tool. please any help
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#136 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 9:17 PM
Hi, I hope someone can help me here. I have a problem with my new texture. I made a new sink. I n SimPE preview, my new texture is showing, but the game shows the old one.(Not the thumbnail, it has the new one.) Any idea?
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 7:00 PM
Default Sink
Here some photos to illustrate my problem. If've surched through the file and could't find what is wrong.I'm posting the file too. If someone can have a look ang tell me what's wrong, It'd be grait
Thanks
Nat
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  lavabomarin.zip (93.4 KB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Instructor
#138 Old 23rd Apr 2005 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by useruser
does any one know how to export obj from maya that doesnt look like this when imported to mesh tool. please any help

This looks like you did not triangulate your object. I don't know what the command is to do this in maya though.
Instructor
#139 Old 23rd Apr 2005 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by natrobo
Here some photos to illustrate my problem. If've surched through the file and could't find what is wrong.I'm posting the file too. If someone can have a look ang tell me what's wrong, It'd be grait
Thanks
Nat

Ok I'm pretty sure your problem is your Text Lists. Because this is a multi state object (clean/dirty) It lists the textures in the Text List : Materials (x88). These are refering to the original textures not your new ones. You need to modifiy them to use your new custom texture references. i think that should fix it. The rest of your package looked like it was linked correctly.
Lab Assistant
#140 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 12:57 AM
Hi,
I've change The name in texture list, and delete 2 lines in text list 03,04 roots clean and dirty and now my texture is showing fine...util i have an interaction with it, then the object turn flashing blue....
Thanks again
Nat
Test Subject
#141 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 6:04 AM
Default the problem of the new versions of mesh tool
i tried made some new mesh with the new versions of mesh tool (updated here : http://forums.modthesims2.com/showt...45457&highlight ) and use the new method to make skin mesh,(yes,use smd change the mesh i want).but ..... :confused: :confused:

please look the picture, http://photoimg8.qq.com/cgi-bin/loa...Ksp0YOCSA%3D%3D

the shoulder are contorted ,and the neck is rimose....i swear i've not modify the shoulder and neck ..i use milkshape 3d.i think it's some mistake of BONES .why the mistake appearred..and how can i solve them ?could some one please help me?? :fallen: :fallen: :fallen:

PeggySims2
WELCOME
Lab Assistant
#142 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 12:10 AM
Dear pegy

Did remember to weld together? (in milkshape).
You should weld each 'group' under the 'group-TAB'
by them selves.

WindBlower
Lab Assistant
#143 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by useruser

You need to "triangulate" your mesh. There should be an option in Maya, your just going to have to look for it. :p
#144 Old 2nd May 2005 at 4:55 AM
Hi i hope this is the right place to post this.
i'm trying to start making meshes (i recently started making skins) so i went to download the mts2meshtool. i went from a link that appears in the simsresource site when ppl make new meshes. in the tutorial it says what i will need, so i downloaded all of that stuff, but when i click on "Delphy's Sims 2 Mesh Extractor
Here" it appears this : Bettie Cat, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

did i do something wrong? can someone help me? i really want to make meshes
thanks
Nearly alive
Original Poster
#145 Old 2nd May 2005 at 10:40 AM
I would just like to say sorry that I haven't been around lately and haven't been helping people with their problems. I don't want to go into a lot of details but the reason is because my daughter has had some problems and had to have a operation, She`s now doing fine, but of course I haven't had time to spend on the mesh tool or helping people on here.

I do hope to start be able to spend some time helping people, and eventually to start working on the mesh tool again, but it`s not going to all happen over night.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am still alive and all reports saying overwise are wrong.
Test Subject
#146 Old 2nd May 2005 at 12:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bettie Cat
Hi i hope this is the right place to post this.
i'm trying to start making meshes (i recently started making skins) so i went to download the mts2meshtool. i went from a link that appears in the simsresource site when ppl make new meshes. in the tutorial it says what i will need, so i downloaded all of that stuff, but when i click on "Delphy's Sims 2 Mesh Extractor
Here" it appears this : Bettie Cat, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

did i do something wrong? can someone help me? i really want to make meshes
thanks

bettycat, the main reason for this is with the new version of SimPE you don't need it, it automatically does it for you :P
*thanks whoever said this before me, I'm too lazy to look but the avatar is a picture with a nanny doing her business*

Lp rocks! :)
Field Researcher
#147 Old 2nd May 2005 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miche
I would just like to say sorry that I haven't been around lately and haven't been helping people with their problems. I don't want to go into a lot of details but the reason is because my daughter has had some problems and had to have a operation, She`s now doing fine, but of course I haven't had time to spend on the mesh tool or helping people on here.

I do hope to start be able to spend some time helping people, and eventually to start working on the mesh tool again, but it`s not going to all happen over night.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am still alive and all reports saying overwise are wrong.

Thanks, Miche, I hope your daughter is fine again soon.
#148 Old 3rd May 2005 at 7:12 AM
oh thanks lpfan
miche, hope your daughter gets well soon
Lab Assistant
#149 Old 3rd May 2005 at 11:35 PM
Where and How do I get the Mesh tool....I've already downloaded the Mildshake 3D tool, but I've never been able to find the Mesh tool....I would be most appreciative if some one could tell me or give me the link to where I can download this tool.
Thank you
Lab Assistant
#150 Old 4th May 2005 at 12:02 AM
Default Well
Quote: Originally posted by Lpfan
bettycat, the main reason for this is with the new version of SimPE you don't need it, it automatically does it for you :P
*thanks whoever said this before me, I'm too lazy to look but the avatar is a picture with a nanny doing her business*

I wish someone would explain that the mesh tool is already included with SimPE (I didn't know and if it's there the thread is so big that it would take too long to read to find out) in the closed thread there were're not allowed to access. It would give the people whose running all over the place trying to get the tools together to try to make their own things for the game a lot less stressful.

Hi Miche I don't know you and you don't know me, but I know from what you explained that your going through a very stressful time and my prayers are with you and your baby.

"Smile when it rains"
Locked thread | Locked by: tiggerypum Reason: one meshtool thread is plenty
Page 6 of 11