Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Clean Pleasantview Plus: Restored Ancestral Sims & Genetic Infant Faces

by ivycopur Posted 28th Nov 2023 at 6:14 PM - Updated 15th Jan 2024 at 6:55 PM by ivycopur

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Test Subject
#26 Old 25th Dec 2023 at 10:02 AM
Hello, Can I share genetic correct Pleasantview based on your work as a template? I used ancestors and in CAS make their genetic children etc.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 15th Jan 2024 at 7:02 PM
To everyone asking about other neighborhoods, the answer is: maybe! I would like to get around to it eventually, but I don't want to make any promises. I did finally write a tutorial on how I did the infant genetics for anyone else who wants to try their hand at it. You can find it on Dreamwidth here!

Quote: Originally posted by Kingakicia2001
Hello, Can I share genetic correct Pleasantview based on your work as a template? I used ancestors and in CAS make their genetic children etc.

Sure, go ahead! I'm fine with anyone using my work however they want, as long as it's not behind a paywall :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 28th Jan 2024 at 9:25 AM
I genuinely love this so much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 22nd Feb 2024 at 3:10 PM
Thank you so much for the neighbourhood and the tutorial!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 9:29 PM
I'm having an issue with this hood where if I try to hire a butler it crashes the game when they try and spawn. Could be a conflict on my end, but it's not a problem I'm having with any of my other hoods so I figured I'd mention it.
Test Subject
#31 Old 23rd Apr 2024 at 6:45 PM
Hi! I know it's been a while since there was activity on this upload, but I was wondering if anyone else had been having trouble with the scripted events not starting for this neighborhood? I've tried installing and reinstalling it several times, both with and without running HoodChecker, but to no avail. But it's entirely possible that I'm just being dense and I missed something.
Test Subject
#32 Old 8th May 2024 at 6:59 AM
Default Scripted notifications and events on premade sim lots will not load
Quote: Originally posted by berrysoup
Hi! I know it's been a while since there was activity on this upload, but I was wondering if anyone else had been having trouble with the scripted events not starting for this neighborhood? I've tried installing and reinstalling it several times, both with and without running HoodChecker, but to no avail. But it's entirely possible that I'm just being dense and I missed something.

Yes, I am having this issue too. It's a shame as I was looking forward to playing this hood. This post says it is base game compatible and I downloaded the version for no FreeTime as I use the Super Collection on my MacBook (thus I only have packs up to Bon Voyage). Is there any possibility that this is my issue?
And before anyone who hasn't used Super Collection says it's because clean templates or even ones edited in SimPE do not work, in my personal experience, that isn't true. The clean Pleasantview template this author said they used by meetmetotheriver has always worked in my game. I have tried this without any script mods and with only the recommended infant genetics default replacement faces.

A tell-tale sign that a clean template hood IS compatible with Super Collection is if it appears on the main menu, launches properly, and the player gets the messages loading the Pets, Seasons and Vacation/Bon Voyage stealth-hoods, since it wouldn't have generated stealth-hoods the player wouldn't have such as the Magic stealth-hood. It also should load the scripted events even without the storytelling pictures. The notifications should also appear (or at least they do when it's intended to be an actual template for the N001 folder, not sure about folders like this!)

I've read that running a clean template or base-game compatible hood through HoodChecker CAN affect the files to where MacOS system can no longer read it, which has been the case for me before even if a hood is listed as un-modded base game compatible. However, SimPE does not affect them in such a way and using it should be fine.

Again, I don't know anything really about programming and not much Sims 2 corruption, and this is all is pretty much the extent of my knowledge on the subjects (though I have watched the linked April Black video a few times before coming across this upload. I very well could be wrong about some or all of my statements!

TLDR: Same issue here and I wonder if it has to do with my playing the Super Collection on a MacOS laptop (which, has always ran said Super Collection and compatible mods perfectly fine for me, as well as launching meetmetotheriver's clean templates for base-game compatible hoods properly)
And yes I tried with only the infant faces default genetic replacement mod mentioned in the initial upload and letting my cache files freshly generate after removing other mods and CC.

If anyone knows the answer, let me know!
Test Subject
#33 Old 11th May 2024 at 1:06 AM
Default Update!
So I tried renaming the new neighborhood folder and files, (taking out my current Pleasantview folder) all "PVPL" files now being "N001", and that seems to have fixed the issue so far. Not sure it it'll work for everyone who's experiencing any problems with scripted events and notifications not showing up but that's how I fixed it!

Thanks again for taking the time to make this detailed hood, Ivy! Looking forward to playing it. I was very excited about that genetic infant mod and bummed finding out it wouldn't work for premade Sims so this is awesome :D
Page 2 of 2