Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers wanted for a no-jealousy-at-all behaviour package.

by LizzLove Posted 30th Oct 2004 at 2:54 AM - Updated 12th Oct 2008 at 9:09 PM by mike19

268 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 255 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 11
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#51 Old 13th Nov 2004 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Moinesse
The Patch works great! But I would like to get the jealousy back. I removed the patch from the download folder, and there is still no jealousy. How do I get the Jealousy back?

Did you remove the no-jealousy-at-all.package while the game was running? That will cause the patch to remain until you quit. You have to quit the game, remove it, and restart.
I did test this a few times and the jealousy DID come back. I will test this tommorrow when I have more time just to be sure something has not gone wrong.

Quote: Originally posted by kyjj911
Is there any link for the polygamy hack?

Not yet, this one is very tricky, not even sure it can be done right now. The engagement flags seem to be stored in inventory. I can get them to propose even when married, but it does not stick or change the relationship. More digging into the internal storage will be required.

"Specialization is for insects, a human being should be able to do anything!"
#52 Old 13th Nov 2004 at 3:38 PM
I am sorry I should have been more specific.
I have 6 neighborhoods. I use #6 for beta testing and I used the No-jealousy patch on neighborhood #6. It worked great. I quit the game removed the patch(I remove all beta tester.packages from the download folder after testing them. I don't want any conflict wtih other beta testing. packages right away. I re-add one beta test at a time.)

I downloaded another beta patch to test. Before installing it. I booted up Sims 2 to add a few more characters to neighborhood #5, only to find all the neighborhoods including the new characters shows no jealousy.
I have tried all 6 neighborhoods with the same results. No Jealousy.
I think the No-Jealousy-at-all patch rewrote the globals in the Sims 2 main files. Why would all the neighborhoods be affected even after removing files and rebooting the computer?
I removed the entrie contents from the download folder, rebooted the computer and I still have the same results, no jealousy.

Perhaps what we need is a Restore (.package) for the No-Jealousy-at-all patch so we can beta test other .patches without having to re-install Sims 2.
Thank you for all your hard work.
Forum Resident
#53 Old 13th Nov 2004 at 3:54 PM
TheTrueNekron: I don't know if i should do this, I heard it was deleted. But here is the Teens can Woohoo too package.

No, at the request of its author the patch was removed and he has not given authoriztion for it to be distributed.
Field Researcher
#54 Old 15th Nov 2004 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LizzLove
Quote: Originally posted by Moinesse
The Patch works great! But I would like to get the jealousy back. I removed the patch from the download folder, and there is still no jealousy. How do I get the Jealousy back?

Did you remove the no-jealousy-at-all.package while the game was running? That will cause the patch to remain until you quit. You have to quit the game, remove it, and restart.
I did test this a few times and the jealousy DID come back. I will test this tommorrow when I have more time just to be sure something has not gone wrong.

I've got the same problem. I exited the game, removed the no jealousy hack, went back in and there is still no jealousy. I haven't yet tried, for example, removing all my downloads and so on but I'll try that now.

On my site I have dozens more Sims 2 mods. These mods come with no support so use them at your own risk.
Test Subject
#55 Old 15th Nov 2004 at 2:43 AM
Could the jealousy editing be added in SimPE to make some sims be jealous and others being not jealous .?
Test Subject
#56 Old 15th Nov 2004 at 2:48 AM
Could the jealousy edit option be added to SimPE ? to make some sims be jealous and others being not ?
Field Researcher
#57 Old 15th Nov 2004 at 3:15 AM
Well I tried clearing out the Downloads folder, I tried rebooting, and I tried with both existing and brand new sims. Still no jealousy for any flirting or kissing. For example, I had Nina (or is it Dina?) make out with her boyfriend in front of her husband Mortimer, and he just went inside to make a sandwich.

On my site I have dozens more Sims 2 mods. These mods come with no support so use them at your own risk.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#58 Old 15th Nov 2004 at 5:40 PM
Ok now I cannot get the jealousy to go away either. It did before while I was testing the final version. There may be a reason for all of this though. There is a whole discussion on another thread about this very problem.
http://www.modthesims2.com/forum_viewtopic.php?8.13982

It seems that other downloaded objects/lots can contain unrelated mods. And the game gives them new names even. It may even be placing them in directorys other than downloads! %-6

We may need some help from Maxis on what is going on here. Right now it seems that if you have any mods installed and upload a lot/family or even genentics you could be also be uploading "hidden" mods with them. !dodge

This problem could become a real nightmare for us modders. The reason we cannot seem to get rid of the mods is because we may have multipule copies of them with different names. Not only can the modders not control who downloads their mods for the Adults only stuff, but people can be getting mods they do not want! !ill

I will be working on a fix for this and my other mods. Perhaps I can create a version of the original behaviours unaltered as a "mod" and get that to override any hidden mods. Again I am sorry for this, but it seems to be quite out of my control at the moment. Maxis seems to have done some strange things under the hood that we are just finding out about.

"Specialization is for insects, a human being should be able to do anything!"
Field Researcher
#59 Old 15th Nov 2004 at 8:29 PM
OK, I finally got jealousy back.

I tried clearing out Downloads, SavedSims, PackagedLots, and even Projects. I also tried creating a new neighborhood with new sims, but still no go.

So I moved the Neighborhoods folder out on the desktop and restored the original Neighborhoods (which you can get from TSData/Res/UserData). Tried again -- and jealousy was back! Yay! Then I exited the game, deleted all the N001, N002, etc. folders and copied over my backups. Jealousy is still working correctly.

My only thought is that somehow it's Neighborhood Manager.package, since that's the only file that didn't get overwritten when I restored my backups. The Neighborhood Manager.package in my backup is 102kb, while the original one from the game directory is only 23kb (even after I've restored all my neighborhoods) so SOMETHING is in there.

I'm not suggesting everyone run out and do this to fix the jealousy, by the way. It's very possibly that restoring piecemeal in this manner will corrupt my neighborhoods in some way down the road. So if you do it, be careful and as always backup BACKUP BACKUP.

#60 Old 15th Nov 2004 at 11:47 PM
I was able to fix my Neighborhoods and restore the Jealousy. Before deleting everything or reinstalling I took a look in C:\programs\EA Games\The Sims2\TSDATA\Res\Config. I found a global reconfiguration under my name dated the same day I used the No-Jealousy-at-all patch. I copied the config. to another folder, and deleted the one residing in the \Res folder. It fixed the problem. I don't suggest this for everone, but it may show some evidence to the problem for the modders to work with if it should work for you. Please make a copy before deleting anything from the game folders.
Test Subject
#61 Old 16th Nov 2004 at 1:09 AM
wanted to throw in that this is working great for my sims. too well ... now they want to whoohoo everyone all the time!
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 16th Nov 2004 at 12:23 PM
dat rockz! I had 1 sim who had 2 wives, done thru SimPE, hacked objects nd when dat male kiss 1 wife, dat other wife stand there lik nd idiot
#63 Old 17th Nov 2004 at 6:25 PM
I'd really like to use this hack. Have the problems of it not being removable fixed yet? and is it still uncompatible with the teen woohoo hack?
Test Subject
#64 Old 19th Nov 2004 at 4:54 PM
Code:
LizzLove wrote: ...

Moinesse wrote: ...
The Patch works great! But I would like to get the jealousy back. I removed the patch from the download folder, and there is still no jealousy. How do I get the Jealousy back?

Did you remove the no-jealousy-at-all.package while the game was running? That will cause the patch to remain until you quit. You have to quit the game, remove it, and restart. 
I did test this a few times and the jealousy DID come back. I will test this tommorrow when I have more time just to be sure something has not gone wrong. 

I Put mine in a rar file and left the rar in DownLoads so can put back in easy latter.... Deleted the PACK file and 5 RL days latter still no jealousy... any ideas on how to get it to come back?

For some reason ModTheSims2.com is the only Sims Two site I can find...
Field Researcher
#65 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 3:10 AM
Great hack!! I have had it installed for a couple of days, and tested it pretty heavy today! Worked like a charm! Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 2:03 PM
i love this hack ... thx u so much for making it

Never Go To Bed Mad
#67 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 2:36 PM
Minorj, this hack also spreads via lot package, meaning you may have another copy in your downloads folder with an odd name (jumbled numbers and letters). Check out the "Hacks are spreading like cancer" thread under General Modding so you can look up the exact filename and remove it.

Lou.
#68 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 3:21 PM
Great work!
I think the suggestion of basing jealousy on personality is neat, except the current personality traits in TS2 don't really fit well. Outgoing/Shyness doesn't really affect attitude towards multiple partners. A Romantic Sim sleeping with multiple partners might not have a RIGHT to be jealous, but still understandably can get jealous.

The most I can think of that is logical is that a Nice person might not slap the other sim when cheating is discovered, but still gets jealous and relationship would still drop.

------------
On a total unrelated note, would it be hard to make a hack that restricts woohoo jealousy to same-room only, as opposed to same lot? Why should one Sim find out the other sim is cheating if they are at two opposite ends of the lot? They don't make *that* much noise...
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 5th Dec 2004 at 4:23 PM
Normally I dont like dredging up old threads, but I wanted to ask the creator of this hack something.

Is it okay if I post this hack to my site, the Gay Sims Club? This is a GREAT hack, and I think the members of my site would love it. They cant find it here, so I was wondering if I could just post it over there? I dont want to just do it without permission, I will give full credit for the creator too.

If not thats cool. Thanks.

Scotty
Field Researcher
#70 Old 6th Dec 2004 at 11:07 PM
I love this hack. It works great. I got this one lady living with two guys and she makes out with both and the other one don't care. But I don't know what either of them want with her, she is so dumb that I have to make her use the restroom. lol

thanks
Test Subject
#71 Old 7th Dec 2004 at 5:26 AM
I hope the Polagamy hack is being worked on still. I like having SOME Jealousy in the game, which is why I haven't used the no jelousy hack yet; but if someone comesd up with hack that allows the more romantically adventerous types to play without Jealousy getting in the way as much I'll be here again with BELLS on
Instructor
#72 Old 7th Dec 2004 at 3:14 PM
Well I posted this in the wishlist, but I personally want the jealous for adults, my sims aren't the free love type heh, but I'd really appreciate having no jealousy/reaction to parents being romantic with whoever for the kids. I'm tired of my kids relationships with their parent being ruined because mom autonomously kissed their step dad.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 11:06 PM
yah I figure if you have 2 sims that both want multipal partners they shouldn't get jelous
#74 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 1:34 AM
Default How do you download it?
I put the patch in downloads but it did not work. Am I doing somthing wrong? If so can someone tell me what to do?
Test Subject
#75 Old 1st Jan 2005 at 8:40 PM
tester update: Used mod for quite a while now, no jealousy and no game issues.
Page 3 of 11