Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

ep ready: Arabian Fortress

by Brasstex Posted 28th Mar 2005 at 12:02 AM - Updated 20th Jun 2005 at 2:29 PM by Brasstex : added a snapshot of one of dewshines recolours

101 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 100 Feedback Posts
Page 2 of 5
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 5:45 PM Last edited by Brasstex : 29th Mar 2005 at 4:58 AM.
I don't upload the lot because of two reasons, first, I've had a lot of trouble trying to share lots, they just don't work for everyone, and it causes headaches for all of us when that happens. Second, this building is VERY simple. I took five minutes to build, the only reason it looks good, is the custom content, which I have provided here for download. You can do a BETTER job yourselves, if you just try, and that's more fun anyway.

Brasstex
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 5:58 PM
i can build that it is nice but not hard so owaizoo just try
Field Researcher
#28 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 6:43 PM
SOOOOO VERY COOL! Thanks brasstex! I agree owaizoo, just make soemthing yourself LOL!
Instructor
#29 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 9:03 PM Last edited by tipoual : 28th Mar 2005 at 9:10 PM.
OOOOOOH! nice!!!!
IT's really nice, really! good work!
I want it! :D
Instructor
#30 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 2:09 AM
Okay, I'll admit these looked so nice I was skeptical about them thinking them might have a high polygon count and slow the game down but they are actually very low poly, less than 500 by my count in Max. (for those who don't know, lower polygon counts on objects is good, it means it shouldn't slow your game down, or at least won't contribute much to any slowdown).

Thanks for making these, they're a great idea. Kind of a why-didn't-I-think-of-that-thing. I agree it's a much better solution than the various curved roof tricks. Not that I am faulting those people who made such building, I think they were extremely creative and had lots of patience! But I don't so I'd much prefer to just be able to slap the pieces on.

I think this would make for great Greek Orthodox type churches here. lots of potential.

Thanks again! Great job.
Test Subject
#31 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 3:40 AM
Wow, the Medieval stuff was cool, but this is awesome!
Great job Brasstex!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 5:01 AM Last edited by Brasstex : 30th Mar 2005 at 10:52 PM.
Thanks NB and thanks everyone for testing!

Brasstex
Banned
#33 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 7:40 AM
brasstex
i m sorry i just got mad for the house
and listen
in my neighbourhood there is not even one house by me
if i try i can make the best hoiuse in the worlld
the arabian housse u made is nothing for me
i can make a better arabian house then that
but i dont want a better house i want the same house as u made
so please put it for download
no matter it works in my game or not
Alchemist
#34 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 11:10 AM
Thanks so much for sharing these great items...they're gorgeous!

I'm wondering if they can be recolored or not. Do you allow sharing of recolors made from your bases? I would also like to recolor the Medieval tent awning you made if I can figure out the tut that allows us to make them recolorable. These items are just so versatile you can imagine them in so many settings!

Again thanks so much for these amazing objects.

orangemittens
Banned
#35 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 2:35 PM
brasstex i m really sorry for whatever i did
i just wanted that house
and i made it my self now
i tried to copy yours
my house is just a bit different then urs
and this is my first house in my neighbourhood
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 3:22 PM
owaizoo that is AMAZING! I'm so proud of you! I knew you could do it, I think your lot looks just as good as mine if not better!

Brasstex
Field Researcher
#37 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 3:34 PM
LOL That's dam good Owaizoo, now I am gonna be bugging you to put it up for download!!
Banned
#38 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 3:40 PM
hehe
i m happy cos brasstex forgived me what i did wit him
i think i will put it for download
lol
thanks brasstex and others who forced me that i can do it
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 4:42 PM
WOW!!!! These are the first roof pieces I've seen and hope to see a lot more. Thanks so much. Any medieval spires or steep turret roofs in the near future? I'd love something for my castles as I stink at boolprop.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 4:49 PM
Yeah yocrose, boolprop just makes everything so much stupider that's why I have made 1 split level house and I won't make another. I think it's actually because I made it so amazingly complicated and spazzo that I didn't want to make another cos it took forever.
Instructor
#41 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 4:58 PM
Building bores me to pieces, so I would really love if either one of you could upload your houses for download! They're really awesome!
Field Researcher
#42 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 1:42 AM
Brasstex, is there hope for other "modular building roof pieces", such as a porch roof with a 15-17* pitch; a six sided tower top for Victorian homes .... this type of building component could solve many problems. Please keep up the magnificent work. And thankyou, owaizoo, that is a great house.
Test Subject
#43 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 7:33 AM
Threw together a quick building to test out the new toys. Quite fabulous and easy to use overall. I did notice that my building tools would occassionally go invisible while I was deciding exactly where to place a dome but came right back once the piece was placed. It may just be a part of that ridiculous blank memory/action, etc. bug some of us are suffering though. Nothing critical.

A few pics if anyone cares to see (it's basically just a shell since I only really cared about playing with domes):

http://www.caderidris.net/tig/dome3.jpg
http://www.caderidris.net/tig/dome4.jpg
http://www.caderidris.net/tig/dome.jpg

first penguin: "you look like you're wearing a tuxedo"
second penguin: "maybe I am"
Banned
#44 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 7:53 AM
komischkatza you house is great
is it for download
i can have an arabian area hehe
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#45 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 1:27 PM Last edited by Brasstex : 30th Mar 2005 at 1:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by tabbysgranhag
Brasstex, is there hope for other "modular building roof pieces", such as a porch roof with a 15-17* pitch; a six sided tower top for Victorian homes ....

Yes, I'm designing an exact, or close to exact, replica of that castle in the harry potter movie. I've got about 12 good pictures of a scale model that was built by a professional miniature maker, so it should be pretty close. Of course, I won't be uploading the castle, but I WILL give you all of the custom parts I make. (which should include a few custom roof pieces)

komischkatze: That lot looks FANTASTIC!

Brasstex
Field Researcher
#46 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 1:32 PM
Brasstex, do you want me to turn into Owaizoo, or can you promise me that you will let me download that castle?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#47 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 1:36 PM
Well yes, but after all of that, owaizoo was able to build quite a stunning lot of his own. Perhaps I will give instructions on how to put it together when I upload the Hogwarts(spelled?) but I can't share lots, because they only work for people with the EP installed so I'm boycotting that function.

Brasstex
Field Researcher
#48 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 1:39 PM
I have the EP! Instructions would be good but I ddoubt if we're following your pcitures and you're following a model then we'll get it wrong.. Oh well.. I still can't wait for the pieces!
Forum Resident
#49 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 5:20 PM
Well, I have news. The domes are recolorable!. Or at least they produce valid recolor packages. Golden domes anyone?
Field Researcher
#50 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 5:59 PM
All of these Arabian homes you guys and gals have done look great! Owaizoo, try eating less Easter candy before posting next time - the sugar makes you hyper! LOL! You did a great job on your Arabian home! I can't wait to get home from work tonight and get these domes downloaded. And YES Dewshine, I know at least I would like to have them in gold too. Put some up for us.

Thanks to all you great creative people! My teenager is trying her hand at using that 3-D program to build meshes for her game and after watching her do that, I don't think I would have the patience for it. Keep up the good work!
Page 2 of 5