Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Illumutations" - Transformable Shelf w/ Light

by Numenor Posted 20th Mar 2006 at 1:07 AM - Updated 3rd Jan 2009 at 10:51 AM by Numenor : Confirmad compatibility with AL and M&G

207 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 201 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 9
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#76 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fat D
I would have made a stackable version.

You would be surprised if you'd know for how many months this shelf has been left unpublished since its first creations (it was originally intended to be a part of the Grand Trianon set); OFB, and its stackable "cubes", weren't even been imagined back then

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Forum Resident
#77 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 9:42 PM
Ah luuuuuuv ewe Numee... Ah luuuuv eeewwe...
(I love you, Numenor, I love you!!!~ Translation)

THANK YOU!!! Always,
Emma
Instructor
#78 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 10:22 PM
You're absolutely right (and you should know), even with the MORE hack, snapobjects off and moveobjects on, I could only place six cups on the shelves:

But I'm inspired to start a new thread entitled: What's on your shelves? in which people share pictures of their clutter.
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 11:40 PM
You...my friend...are too much! Thanks lots...sleighill
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 12:07 AM
what champs!amazing stuff Numenor and Peter
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 12:57 AM
coolllllllllll Numenor. Thank you
Top Secret Researcher
#82 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 4:02 AM Last edited by funkeymonkey22003 : 21st Mar 2006 at 4:05 AM. Reason: forgot something
Numenor is a God!, Numbenor is a God, Numenor is a God....
All together now.....

Thankyou everyone!

**runs off* shouting: Multi-pass!, Multi-pass!.....I mean Multi-shelf!, Multi-shelf!

A crazy person doesn't really lose her mind . It just becomes something more entertaining
Mad Poster
#83 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 7:20 AM
This's amazing...and very handy...
Thanks....tons of times...
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 9:49 AM
Wow! Been wanting one of these ... Thank you so much
Forum Resident
#85 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 12:56 PM
Way too cool and perfectly practical, thanks!
Forum Resident
#86 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
You would be surprised if you'd know for how many months this shelf has been left unpublished since its first creations (it was originally intended to be a part of the Grand Trianon set); OFB, and its stackable "cubes", weren't even been imagined back then

I'm not talking about the cubes, actually, I'm currently creating a stackable bunk, but I have problems limiting the number of instances, unable to find the reason.
Test Subject
#87 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 1:57 PM
wow great object... the things you make are not only flawless but make the game more lifelike ... thanks a bunch...
Instructor
#88 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 2:44 PM
This is great, thank you!
Forum Resident
#89 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 2:48 PM
thanks for this marvelous object numenor

Please dont request anything to be made, but I dont mind suggestions/ideas. :)
Instructor
#90 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 4:07 PM
Absolutely brilliant!

Thank you both for sharing your amazing work

*** If you can't brighten them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit ***

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Field Researcher
#91 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 5:35 PM
I just had to come back and tell you this worked perfectly and it is totally awesome! The hardest part was finding it in the catalog and of course it was in the last place that I thought it would be! LOL But it was worth the time it took to look for it, cuz this is simply one of the coolest new objects yet! You (both) are the hero's for the day!
Thanks again for sharing,
Karr
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 8:22 PM
Default Because they know Numenor will fix it?
Quote: Originally posted by beckster
This is fantastic. One of my pet peeves has always been the limitation of object placement. Another example of something Maxis should already be doing with the game! :gidea:
Thanks!

I see this so much here... "This was such a good idea, why didn't Maxis..." Well, why bother when they know the geniuses here at MTS2 will take care of it for them? ;p *ducks*

I wonder if it's possible to build a whole lot with just Numenor-created objects? I bet we could get close. And wouldn't that be fun? When I grow up can I be just like you, Numenor? You're my hero.

“Meddle not in the affairs of the dragon; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.”
-unknown
Inventor
#93 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 9:24 PM
What should i say - excellent, really excellent. Thank you for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 10:26 PM
how does it work? cuz I was trying it out and it came out as three shelves. how do I make one or two?
Test Subject
#95 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 11:30 PM
Thank you for this wonderful object. It's a fantastic idea. :gidea:
Test Subject
#96 Old 22nd Mar 2006 at 2:03 AM
How do u put stuff on the higher shelves?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#97 Old 22nd Mar 2006 at 2:08 AM
The "places" where you can put objects are 6, starting from the lower-left and ending to the top-right.

As soon as you move the object near the shelves, it will "snap" into the first free slot; before clicking the mouse button (which would confirm the placement) press M on the keyboard, and you'll be able to select the right placement for your object.

spikesgal2004 - Just click on an empty 3-level shelf and choose one of the "Transform" options.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#98 Old 22nd Mar 2006 at 3:06 AM
I Love You.
Test Subject
#99 Old 22nd Mar 2006 at 11:30 AM
cool! awsome

Legends Never Die, They Live On With Honor.
Test Subject
#100 Old 22nd Mar 2006 at 1:33 PM
thank god for you existance, numenor.
but i do have a problem with it... i wanted to have only the top and middle shelves so that i could put a T.V in between my shelves, is it doable?

thanks in advance
Page 4 of 9