Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*requested* Dune Eyes - Movie and Book versions

by Ghanima Atreides Posted 9th Jan 2006 at 5:21 PM - Updated 1st Sep 2008 at 11:32 AM by Ghanima Atreides

12 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 7:17 PM
Fabulous

\really nice
acspecially the black ones

:elephant:
Thanx

Don`t look before you laugh
Look ugly in a photograph
--Bono,U2

See My Profile
Field Researcher
#3 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 7:47 PM
The black eyes are my favs - creepy and cool
Thank you!
Inventor
#4 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 8:12 PM
I like these eyes, especially the blue movie eyes. Thank you for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 10:40 PM
Thank .
pretty Sims. is Patricia Velasquez in "the Momie" ?. This your sims in unloading or is going to raise?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 10:45 PM
Yes, it is Patricia Velasquez. I used her as a model because she looked 'fremen'. She is not for download only the eyes are! Someone else here on MTS made the sim.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Test Subject
#7 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 11:33 AM
Thank you, Ghanima!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 9:50 PM
wow ^^ and i thought the last pair of eyes i had looked good *drools*

and you did a great job on Leto.....*gets passed a bucket*
hehe...i been a fan of dune since i first read the children of dune book at 11..true, i couldnt always get my tongue round the word, but hey, what 11 year old cant identify with a pair of twin kids with all that danger, action and abilites ^^
(i always fancied using Voice on the other kids....teach them to take the piss out of me for reading ^^)

thanks, Ghani :D
any chance of a kyle mcclaclen (sp sorry) and sean younge from the original movie?
(the kyle for me, the sean for my friend rick, he loves Chani hehe.)

*asking, because whenever she makes a non chav male sim, they end up being pretty-boy guys*
Alchemist
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 11:47 PM
Thanks Rayea, glad you liked them 11 years wow quite a bit younger than me when I first read the books (I was 16) nice to see more Dune fans around.

Sure I'll give it a go. The only big problem are clothes: I would have to make them myself. I will try my best, might take a couple of days though. I've liked Sean as Chani so much better than Barbara Kodetova. She really looked 'elfin' as she should have. Kyle made a pretty good Paul, too. Then again with Frank's help that cast was the best!

Field Researcher
#10 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 1:53 PM
Yay^^

honestly, i loved the children mini-series, but i spent most of the time while watching the dune mini-series shouting at the screen >.<
but i do remember one thing good about it....the worms and the Ornis.....in fact most of the special effects....

now if we could add the original film to the scecial effects from the minis....oooh ^^

that reminds me, have you ever seen the 3 hour one of the original?
theres not much diference, but you get to see the spiting scene with Stilgar, and even old Gurney Halek playing the Baliset :D

reason i started at 11? well my dad bought Children and Dune, and i read the blurb on the back of Children....i mean, pre teen kids with those sorts of powers and problems ^^
till then, by biggest book had been World of the Dark Crystal ^^

and i must have been the only one that, when watching star trek, next gen for the forst time, wondered why Gurney was captain of the enterprise :p

PS, you dont *have to* make the clothes...unless you can make an all in one stillsuit form the original film ^^..thats the only clothing, i guess other than ether the Reverend mother dress (with head dress that makes you bald lol) or the Atreides uniform that i real would like......hm..im tempted to go make a Duncan now ^^
Alchemist
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 3:25 PM
Keep an eye out for those stillsuits. I made them for all ages and are just about to upload them! The original movie ones, not the silly overalls they had in the minis After that I plan to do some of the house uniforms, Irulan's dress also from the movie (it was gorgeous!) and a Reverend Mother aba robe...probably mini series inspired though and she won't be bald as I don't know how to make meshes and I suck at recolouring hair altogether. Plus I kinda prefer my RM's with hair

Also, I haven't forgotten about Paul and Chani, I already have a fremen dress I made a while back. I really want to try my hand at making Irulan from the 84 movie, she was so pretty and just like I imagined her to be!

The only thing I won't be making is the Baron. :p

Whoa...a lot of projects

----

Personally I've loved CoD. Sure, some things weren't like in the books but they did a nice job with it all. The acting was pretty good (better than the 1st one!!), the music was amazing and yeah the special effects quite eye catching! Alec Newman made a heck of a Preacher too!!

Lynch's movie had the better cast but the 80s effect. Ah well, you can't have everything... I haven't seen the extended version yet but I plan to buy it asap!

Test Subject
#12 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 7:57 AM
Great!!! Thanks
Field Researcher
#13 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 10:29 PM
That´s what I like! Thanks Ghanima keep up the good Work!! Flarz