Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

5 maternity outfits by HCAC

by HCAC Posted 30th Jan 2006 at 5:08 PM

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts
Alchemist
#2 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 6:40 PM
Hey these are great HCAC! Someone needs to make some goth maternity outfits haha xP But I was really bored of the maxis ones and these are much better. Thanks!

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 7:09 PM
Cute!

This is likely a really stupid question, but I've been wondering for quite some time now...what's the difference between the "maternity outfits" on this site and using the boolprop cheat with any old outfit, assuming the belly shows? (I know it doesn't with certain meshes, but have also noticed there are some Maxis meshes that do show the pregnant belly.) Am I missing something?
Inventor
#4 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 7:13 PM
Yes, I am bored with old maternity outfits too!

Thanks for making these, HotCoffeeandCake!!!

They are great! :P

Visit my site: www.simkot.com
Forum Resident
#5 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 7:23 PM
Glad to see you finish them I like it

Find some of my work at Just Sims 2
Do not recolor my creations without permission
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TuesdayJune28
Cute!

This is likely a really stupid question, but I've been wondering for quite some time now...what's the difference between the "maternity outfits" on this site and using the boolprop cheat with any old outfit, assuming the belly shows? (I know it doesn't with certain meshes, but have also noticed there are some Maxis meshes that do show the pregnant belly.) Am I missing something?

No difference as far as I know, except I made these based on the unlocked Maxis pregnancy mesh. I only altered the textures and part of the alpha (for the tops). I wanted to keep the basic 'maternity' shape (it's just easier than playing around with alphas as I am not very good at that yet). :salute:

Thank you for your nice comments. :nod:

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Test Subject
#7 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 8:19 PM
OOOOW It is sooooooooo cute! It is very beautiful. Thank you. You have to make more maternity clothes because it is toooooo cute. :nod:
Space Pony
#8 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 10:25 PM Last edited by Morague : 2nd Feb 2006 at 9:15 AM.
HotCoffee&Cake,

Have a look at how I did the maternity replacements so you'll know how to make the sims be able to wear them without reverting back to the normal clothing. I got really disgusted with the game maternity clothing a long time ago! I don't know why Maxis won't let us choose what maternity clothes they can wear. I did some male replacements as well.

http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimfo...read.php?t=1171
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 10:31 PM
Very nice my friend well done

*..·´°*°·..*..·°** { 7-zip here } **°·..*..·´°*°·..*
Michelle in England.
I'm a friend to everyone ;o)
*..·´°*°·..*..·°** { CEP here } **°·..*..·´°*°·..*
Theorist
Original Poster
#10 Old 31st Jan 2006 at 12:45 AM
Thanks Morague but I have never used SimPe...I'm scared of it and probably couldn't understand what to do without messing up my game. I guess I will stick with the old boolprop or something because I speed up most pregnancies anyhow. :haha:

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 31st Jan 2006 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HotCoffeeandCake
No difference as far as I know, except I made these based on the unlocked Maxis pregnancy mesh. I only altered the textures and part of the alpha (for the tops). I wanted to keep the basic 'maternity' shape (it's just easier than playing around with alphas as I am not very good at that yet). :salute:

Thank you for your nice comments. :nod:

Oh, ok! Thanks for explaining!
Test Subject
#12 Old 31st Jan 2006 at 6:14 AM
Default Hi...
Im gunna sound really stupid, but whats the boolprop cheat and the tom's tester thing cheat?
Test Subject
#13 Old 31st Jan 2006 at 7:00 AM
where can i find the clothing tester i've searched and searched couldn't find it can someone please link it thanks
Scholar
#14 Old 31st Jan 2006 at 7:37 AM
These are so cute hotcoffee, thank you!
Theorist
Original Poster
#15 Old 31st Jan 2006 at 11:55 AM
For all you confused people, please read this thread and see if it helps:

http://www.sims2community.com/showt...clothing+tester

There is also a buyable clothing rack I've started using but I can't find the link. It gives you the option to even makeover townies and other people visiting your house. If someone can find the link, post it here in the thread.

Good luck changing your pregnant sims clothing. :salute:

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 31st Jan 2006 at 1:16 PM Last edited by TuesdayJune28 : 31st Jan 2006 at 1:21 PM. Reason: added links
Here's the link to the buyable clothing rack:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=108057

Also, if you download danny66's NPC set that has the yellow security system, or Monique's hacked computer, you can change your pregnant sims' everyday clothes without using the boolprop cheat (I find that using this cheat messes up my carpool sometimes). Both these items have "change clothes" options that work like the "force redress" option does.

http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=25557

http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=64137
Theorist
Original Poster
#17 Old 31st Jan 2006 at 5:32 PM
Thank you, TuesdayJune28!! We can all benefit from that information!

Test Subject
#18 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 7:24 PM
Default Thank You!!
Sorry it's been a while since I checked this thread. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I'll have the best dressed ladies in my neighborhood.

*big hugs*
Hooky!
Test Subject
#19 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 5:53 PM
with using the boolprop cheats you're pregant sims are also allowed to were they casual clothes(the clothes that they wair if they not pregnant ONLY WHOLE OUTFITS) you just click on the sim thats pregnant>spawn>tom's clothings tester> casual and than pic the outfit that you like. When you're finnished click on Force redress !!
If there are anny mustakes in my message, im sorry im only 12 and i come frome holland...

Thanx,,
Noura