Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gutter Sims **UPDATE 28 Feb**

by darylmarkloc Posted 6th Feb 2006 at 6:33 AM - Updated 16th Aug 2012 at 3:09 PM by darylmarkloc : Retrun to MTS & Simming

65 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 62 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 6:38 AM
Dats cool

[SIZE=4]Hey, I like you. but I need you to be more than eye candy around here.[/SIZE]
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 6:38 AM
thank you!! i cant wait to use this on all my sims houses! And your right, this is just begging for recolors! i have seen gutters on one other site (i think it was a pay site anyway) and i lost the name when i had to reformat my computer ... tyty so much!

"The way to be safe is never to be secure." -Benjamin Franklin
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 6:39 AM
What a nifty little thing-a-majig!

I was just wondering today while building a new house what would it be like in the rain with the front porch like that. In real life, it would defenatly need a gutter due to the way the roof was angled right above the steps to the porch.

I'll defenatly have to check this out!
Test Subject
#5 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 6:47 AM
woah all the hot shots at creating lots will be after this, very handy! thankyou, downloading right now

"640 Kilobytes of Computer Memory ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates, 1981

If that was today - most of our memory limit would be exceeded within a minute downloading content from MTS2 :)
Field Researcher
#6 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 6:49 AM
Awesome idea.

❌✖️❌✖️❌ Boycott SPs for TS4. EA is squeezing pennies from us without giving us content with substance. Show them you expect more! ❌✖️❌✖️❌
Scholar
#7 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 7:18 AM
This is awesome- so different, thank you very much!
Inventor
#8 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 7:48 AM
That's so great. Cool idea and absolutely perfect job. Thank you so much for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 8:14 AM
How do we use this on houses with more then 1 level?

MATY is the most childish and the most hostile site I've ever come in contact with.
Test Subject
#10 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 8:20 AM
This is FABULOUS! I love you for this! :nod: Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 8:28 AM
This really adds a bit more realism to the sims houses.
I had been wanting this for a loooong time.Thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 8:46 AM
Stimy - for the gutters, put a column near the wall BUT DO NOT PUT A FLOOR TILE ON IT and as you will have 'moveobjects on' anyway, the gutter will attach, then take away the column and voila. I will put a multifloor downpipe out soon.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 9:14 AM
fun idea - it looks good.
#14 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 9:32 AM
Cool!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 9:51 AM
Great idea, thankz!
Scholar
#16 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 9:59 AM
Thanks,
this will make houses look a bit more realistic
great idea
I'm glad you shared it them with us

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Fluffy
retired moderator
#17 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 10:15 AM
ah, very nifty
they came out looking great
good work
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 12:01 PM
WOW! Thank you!!
Test Subject
#19 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 1:40 PM
I've been expecting this for sooo long!... Thanks a lot buddy!!!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 1:43 PM
Hey Stimy, another way to get them on the second floor is this ... there is always that 1 little grid box around the outside of your house on the second floor .. when you have moveobjects cheat on you can place stuff there even though theres no floor. it's a little hard to get it exactly on the right spot but its easy after the first few times you do it. ive accidently placed a toiled there once.

"The way to be safe is never to be secure." -Benjamin Franklin
Field Researcher
#21 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 2:06 PM
Fab job!!! I love them
Thank you so much for sharing
Test Subject
#22 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 3:44 PM
Default That rocks!!!
This download is pretty cool!!!!! :nod:
Test Subject
#23 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 4:28 PM
Oh, fantastic! I'm a perfectionist with my houses, and this is another little touch that adds that bit of extra realism... top stuff!!

One suggestion for Gutter Sims 2.0: Perhaps some diagonal pieces for 45 degree walls? You'd need to do inside and outside corners as well as the diagonal lengths, and that would make this brilliant idea complete!

The vilest evil is that which is convinced of its own virtue.
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#24 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 5:15 PM
Wheee finished already =) These are fantastic! Thanks mate.

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 6:47 PM
That looks so cool. Thanks for making it and sharing your awesome creation.
Page 1 of 3