Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

==Testers Wanted== UPDATED (05/12/06) Interaction Move In to all sim ages v2 [OFB Only]

by pinhead Posted 8th Mar 2006 at 9:00 PM - Updated 18th May 2006 at 5:45 PM by pinhead : v2 updated + unidorms feature added

35 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 9:34 PM
awesome!! im so glad you did an update for ofb
i cant wait to try it out. :baloons:

give peace a chance
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 10:26 PM
I placed the wrong file just in moveinall_EP3.zip. The nofriends is right.
Now the correct version is up.

If anyone got it until now, please redownload it.

sorry... my mistake.
Systemic Anomaly
#4 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 1:39 AM
Just as an FYI. There is an updated WooHoo Teens for OFB over at InSIMenator.net. A perfect companion to this mod.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 3:29 AM
Thank you SOOOOOOOOO VERY MUCH, dear, dear Pinhead!!!! :valentine
PS: I'm fine but kind of out of computer....
Field Researcher
#6 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 4:00 AM
YAY!!! Thanks Pinhead Hmmmm does this mean you have the move out teens already too?? :D:D:DW00T! I am going to take a look! Brigadão!!!! <- (TYVM)

Do you belive frogs can bite? If not, then you should, because they do! LOL!
Test Subject
#7 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 7:34 AM
I don't know that I trust a download from somebody who claims incompatabilities with non-existant mods.

There is _no_ OFB inTeenimator.
Test Subject
#8 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 9:35 AM
Thx! I´ve been waiting for this!
Test Subject
#9 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 11:31 AM
Just to help testing : Can you tell what could be wrong with OFB, or have you an idea where to search ?

I've used the NL version with OFB and got nothing wrong (except the usual every new exp batch of bugs). As i use this mod mainly for townies memory loss I wondered about it's compatibility and came here just to see. Glad you made a new version so fast but for testing purpose what did you find that could be wrong with the new EP ?

Well, as you are working on a new version I have a suggestion : Could you replace 'do you want to erase the memory of this townie' by 'the memory of this sim', as it's quite weird when the moving sim is NOT really a townie but a playable character from another family moving in.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 4:53 PM
Thank you so very much for creating this one for this expansion also. I just loved the other ones and so need it for this one. Thank you again
Field Researcher
#11 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cascaneda
I've used the NL version with OFB and got nothing wrong (except the usual every new exp batch of bugs). As i use this mod mainly for townies memory loss I wondered about it's compatibility and came here just to see. Glad you made a new version so fast but for testing purpose what did you find that could be wrong with the new EP ?

Well... sometimes hacks will appear to work with no changes, but there might be some necessary changes in the new EP that are specific to that EP because of new objects, options, or types of sims. For example, now that they are Servos, some of the code was changed to include checks for that. On the surface, these changes are invisible to the user, but if a hack is not updated to account for these changes, you will run into problems later.

Well, as you are working on a new version I have a suggestion : Could you replace 'do you want to erase the memory of this townie' by 'the memory of this sim', as it's quite weird when the moving sim is NOT really a townie but a playable character from another family moving in.

Hrm. Maybe this is a problem with using the NL version in OFB? Are you now using the OFB version and the dialog box is still showing up for playable sims?

According to the features in the first post:

Quote: Originally posted by pinhead
The features are:

- You can "propose/move in" to children and teens;
- You can use children and teens to propose adults, elders, childrens and teens;
- You can select in a dialog if you like to let the game generate memories based in CAS or keep the memories that was adquired by the Sim with the time played. (the dialog appears only for townies)
- A little Fix to drink the "vamprocillin D" using the Sim Menu. Maxis enabled only for childrens (??? they can't be vampires) and i change it correctly

Theoretically, the option should not show up for other playable sims. It is supposed to only show up for townies.

Please make sure you are using the correct version of the hack for your game, and that you do not have any conflicting hacks as mentioned in the first post. If you are still having the same problems, I suggest coming back and posting again with the details of your problem, possibly including which version of the hack you have, how many EPs you have, and maybe even a list of hacks that you think might be conflicting with this hack, but was not mentioned in the first post. This will probably help pinhead figure out what is going wrong, if indeed there is a problem.

Ste
Field Researcher
#12 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 9:02 PM
Hi pinhead...Just to let you know, the 'move in _no friends' conflicts with one of Thomas Riordan's (Green Sims) hacks. His 'change clothes OFB Edition' uses a pie menu for clicking on the sim to change clothes rather than using a dresser. Your hack overrides his pie menu making it unavailable. Not sure if it happens with the 'move out teens' hack also, but it may be worth a look-see. Hope this is helpful in some way. Thanks for all the hacks you do for us all, much appreciated. Tracy

'Don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes....at least then he'll be a mile away and barefoot'
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 9:12 PM
Hi cascaneda!
Nice to see you!

Just to help testing : Can you tell what could be wrong with OFB, or have you an idea where to search ?

It's just because some new code was adding to call some of new features that only OFB have.
And for sure you need to use a version for each expansion because maxis always is adding more interactions when you click in a Sim person. Unfortunately, the move in feature is stored in this Pie Menu. To make the children and teens use this interaction i need to enable the pie menu also, so this is why i need to update for each expansion. sadly.

I see. But are you sure that is a playable character and not a townie? The dialog only show up to townies. If you move in someone from other family lot the dialog will not show. I will take a look at it.

EDITED:
i just saw that syberspunk answered your question. lol
Thanks syberspunk! :D
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 9:16 PM Last edited by pinhead : 9th Mar 2006 at 9:49 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Braveheart
Hi pinhead...Just to let you know, the 'move in _no friends' conflicts with one of Thomas Riordan's (Green Sims) hacks. His 'change clothes OFB Edition' uses a pie menu for clicking on the sim to change clothes rather than using a dresser. Your hack overrides his pie menu making it unavailable. Not sure if it happens with the 'move out teens' hack also, but it may be worth a look-see. Hope this is helpful in some way. Thanks for all the hacks you do for us all, much appreciated. Tracy

Oh!! nice to know!
thanks for your information Braveheart (Tracy).
i will include in the incompatibility list.

moveoutteens isn't using the main Sim pie menu. Only newspaper and the 2 maxis computers.
so, no problems with this one.
I will try to contact Thomas if i have an idea to eliminate this conflict (i have an idea already)

meanwhile, you can try do this:
open the moveinall package with SimPE and delete the pie menu function that is there.
open thomas' hack and find the pie menu function group ID 0x7F01EC29.
find the string 0xD1 and set to teens and children.
commit and save.
should work properly now.
simple. :D
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PrivateSim
I don't know that I trust a download from somebody who claims incompatabilities with non-existant mods.

Feel free to make your judments.
But just to explain something. I didn't know that jase didn't created an OFB version yet. I was assuming that he is working on that.
thanks for your information. I will make a correction in the post.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 11:16 PM
Thanks for this mod! Since Maxis' "Add Sim to Family" is so poor and taken quick-and-dirty from one of the cheat spawn objects (L&D Tombstone? Or the letterbox?), I guess I will use your hack extensively now *g*
Forum Resident
#17 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 1:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pinhead
Feel free to make your judments.
But just to explain something. I didn't know that jase didn't created an OFB version yet. I was assuming that he is working on that.
thanks for your information. I will make a correction in the post.

He's probably doing it right now or will do it in the near future, Pinhead, so if the hack was incompatible before it sure will be incompatible with the update. You are right. Maybe PrivateSim didn't know about it.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 2:56 AM
Thank you for the update for this great mod. :D
Systemic Anomaly
#19 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 5:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PrivateSim

Dear Troll,

Don't you have somewhere else to be?

J
Test Subject
#20 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 5:27 AM
This is a must-have mod for me ever since sims 2 original. Thanks for updating so fast. I don't use it often, but my game feels different without it

Visit my Sims 2 story Scoen City at: http://scoen.bravehost.com
Test Subject
#21 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 2:58 PM
My apologies. You are both right, I used the NL version when I had the dialog box about the playable character. it's no more there with OFB version.

Ok, it's the interaction pie menu, then it's useless to report the bugs with the photobooth, the hottub or some animations playing backwards... Except if you are interested in fixing them :nod: ....Just joking.

I made many moves for the last 2 days and there was no problem so far in any configuration. All move-in options are available and the memories are perfectly kept with townies, playable characters and service NPC's.

Thanks again for this nice work.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jase439
Dear Troll,

Don't you have somewhere else to be?

J

Jase, I love you!!!!!
Field Researcher
#23 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 2:32 AM
Would it be at all possible to add the ability to "Move In" dormies while living at a dorm. Essentially, I would like a 'non-cheaty' way to make dormies part of the dorm household and be selectable without resorting to the debug cheat or the insimenator, as I don't know if those will properly set them as part of the household, or only makes them selectable by changing the selectable bit on their Person Data.

It would be nice if this was available for dormies who live both in the same dorm or elsewhere. If the sim was from outside the current dorm, then the game would treat it as adding a new selectable sim, and kick out a dormie to make space. If the sim is from the current dorm, then do all the things that make them selectable and part of the household just like adding a new selectable sim, only you obviously don't have to kick anyone out. Is this possible?

I thought about toying with this myself, but I figured any hack I made would most likely conflict with yours. And since I figured it would be a closely related feature to your hack, I might as well request it, as other people might want the same functionality.

Ste
Instructor
Original Poster
#24 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 3:36 AM
Hi syberspunk!

well, i can try that but i'm not sure if it not cause too much problems . I can't promise anything about this request, but i will give it a try later.
Anyway, if you found a way to do, let me know and maybe we can colaborate with this mod. But i'm affraid that will take a lot of time to make a stable release.

I have good news! (well, i guess is good news... lol)
I finally made a version 2 for this mod that remove the necessity of the Main Sim Pie Menu. Thanks for some examples that i got from other hackers (Dizzy, Pescado, CrammyBoy and ebruere).

Now, the new improved version is out.

- removed the Semi-Global Sim Pie Menu
- fixed a problem with calculations of Simoleons when moved in.
(this weird problem *probably*caused by something with the old version of PJSE BHAV editor.. I don't know what caused that, but recreating with a new version everything looks normal now)

Should now be compatible with others hacks that use the PersonGlobals pie menu without problems.
Anyway, other hack that use the same BHAVs that i changed will still be incompatibles.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 2:50 PM Last edited by Braveheart : 21st Mar 2006 at 3:11 PM.
Thanks Pinhead, its good news to me! Now I can use it with Thomas Riordan's changeclothes hack. I'll put this back in again.

'Don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes....at least then he'll be a mile away and barefoot'
Page 1 of 2