Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New default CAS faces - complete set

by sarakadie Posted 14th Mar 2006 at 6:34 PM

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Mar 2006 at 6:43 PM
Thank you for keeping some of the original faces with some editing so they don't look like mutants as well as giving us new, fresh faces to choose from. I lack the patience to go through and edit them myself so a lot of my sims tend to look the same. This will solve that problem. Thanks again!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 14th Mar 2006 at 7:15 PM
Thanks! Great work Will make some new sims right away :D

If I build it they will come

SimsEstates
Test Subject
#4 Old 14th Mar 2006 at 7:23 PM
These are brilliant. I never really use the original CAS faces and it's a pain having to make my own. This will add variety to my game! Thanks! ^^
Test Subject
#5 Old 14th Mar 2006 at 7:38 PM
we needed this, looks like u did a good job.
Test Subject
#6 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 12:41 AM
Oh what an amazing idea. As a skinner it can be annoying to role the dize over and over and over without getting a Sim that looks like a freak. MUCH much appreciated!!!
Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 12:53 AM
will it change sims made with the original CAS faces?

My Signature Sucks...
Test Subject
#8 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 3:52 AM
Lovely, lovely, lovely!
Cheers for more variety in CASface replacements!
#9 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 7:24 PM
Cooooooooooool, thanx a bunch!!!
Can't wait to get started using them ;o)
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 16th Mar 2006 at 3:40 AM
Very nice. I must say, I went through all the other CAS replacements you linked, but found I much preferred yours.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 12:20 AM
I too looked at the other default CAS face sets out there, and yours was by far the very best. Thank you for ridding the Sims world of ugly townies and NPCs! :-)

can you feel it//it's good for you

find my creations here
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thing_bob
will it change sims made with the original CAS faces?

No, their genetics were set when they were created. :sadpanda: To use my faces for townies, you'll have to create a new neighborhood or use the test cheat to generate new ones. New townies and NPCs should have my faces, though.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 10:44 AM
Your sets offer a variety I was looking for (being too impatient to modify faces by myself) and avoid a similarity among each other, which is simply great! Thanks so much for this! :D
Field Researcher
#14 Old 22nd Mar 2006 at 9:43 AM
Ill look forward to using these in my game Thank you
Scholar
#15 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 7:11 AM
very nice thanks

I'm A WHIZ KID.
Wanna see me whiz?
Field Researcher
#16 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 9:19 AM
Ive been using these now for a couple of days ... I already cant imagine NOT having them in game!! I love that they look like the originals, but are so much improved .... I will admit that i found it odd to have 2 elven faces untill I saw NPC elves wandering around! Very nice indeed Thank you
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 11:39 PM Last edited by phoebeberg : 26th Mar 2006 at 6:20 AM.
:baloons: :baloons: I was wondering, when i do use these faces is there a certain number of faces i can use and, should i use both files . would it be possible to use some of your faces and some of someone else's faces too. I hope i don't sound duh, but i would really like to know. thank you. oh and by the way thanks for the fantastic work.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 2nd Apr 2006 at 4:35 AM
What an improvement!
They're like a breath of fresh air in my game. I just got them, so I'm still surprised when I get a non-mutant, but it's a surprise I am growing to love. Thank you ever so much for the hard work you put into it... and the lovely results.

dinkytink
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 9:34 PM
Default New default CAS faces - complete set
this may sound kinda dumb but.. how come you can only choose one os the 3. "male,female,or child,i got the females but i really want the males too
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 8:50 PM
Sorry, angelsue, I didn't make that very clear. You can use all three sets (male, female, and child). Actually, I would recommend using all three if you don't want any more ugly townies and NPCs. The only reason I put them in three sections is because the files are too big to upload them all at once.

If you want to use a combination of my faces and someone else's, select which faces of mine you want to use and which gender and ages you would like them in. Then you have to dig through the zip files until you find the faces you want, my pictures have the same numbers as the files so you can figure out which ones they are (most collections number them from 1-27). Then, all you have to do is put the files in your downloads folder (I put them in a separate sub-folder to tell them apart from my other downloads). If you're using different sets of faces for males and females or adults and children, don't forget to look at the adult versions of the child's faces, to make sure they don't morph when they're older.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 9:01 PM
oh ok, duh on me,lol thanx so much
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 7th May 2006 at 11:32 AM
Super....thank you
Test Subject
#23 Old 10th May 2006 at 9:29 AM
Perfect! Thank You
Field Researcher
#24 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 6:36 PM
This is great, no more wanting to stone townies to death for being so ugly.

boolprop iqtestingenabled true
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 12:01 PM
Wonderful! I'm really looking forward to finally having some normal looking townies in my neighbourhood....great work

edit- for spelling

do the ska
Page 1 of 2