Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dizzy2's Baby Sitter for OFB (EP3)

by FreakyRufus Posted 5th May 2006 at 2:51 AM - Updated 20th Jan 2007 at 5:58 PM by FreakyRufus : incomatible with EP4

127 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 123 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 6
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th May 2006 at 2:58 AM
wow, this is marvelous! thank you :D
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 5th May 2006 at 3:09 AM
Thank You so very much. I have always wanted the Grandmother of the babies to be set by her or him. This makes it so great!!! Come on Grandma watch the kids I am going to party. LOL
Field Researcher
#4 Old 5th May 2006 at 3:10 AM
Thank you!!

Check out my site: SIMple Realty
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th May 2006 at 3:21 AM
Now ok, I must agree this is a great thing, but will this "sitter" do the job on their own like the nanny does? Will the feed the baby and put it int the crib and such on their own or will we have to do it ourselves

Take a look at a new sims2 chat site ran by Tease. There are mods and we are working to get teh site off of its feet. You can look around and if you feel like joining that would be great for the site. Thanks

Lab Assistant
#6 Old 5th May 2006 at 3:22 AM
Thank you! This will certainly help my sim out.
Test Subject
#7 Old 5th May 2006 at 3:24 AM
Sweet Jesus, thank you. I missed this thing like I miss cupcakes.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th May 2006 at 3:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Onsimsnow
Now ok, I must agree this is a great thing, but will this "sitter" do the job on their own like the nanny does? Will the feed the baby and put it int the crib and such on their own or will we have to do it ourselves

No, the sitter won't do that on their own. The sitter will behave just like any other family member, and will autonomously take care of the babies/toddlers to the same extent that a family member would.

Many people (including me) get annoyed by the way the nanny behaves, and by the fact that you can't control the nanny. If you are one of those people, then the sitter is the mod for you. You (as the player) are completely in control of the sitter. There are mods out there (such as JMPescado's baby controller), which will make it very easy to take care of the kiddies, and which (in my opinion) do a better job of it than the default nanny behaviors.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 5th May 2006 at 3:47 AM
This still is a great hack. And I love the idea of having grandma come over and watch the kids. This is brilliant! Thank you for this hack.

Take a look at a new sims2 chat site ran by Tease. There are mods and we are working to get teh site off of its feet. You can look around and if you feel like joining that would be great for the site. Thanks

Field Researcher
#10 Old 5th May 2006 at 4:45 AM
Nanny's a nasty old wench, can't cook and starts a fire, leaves trash everywhere and walks around in her swimwear... eeek! Sometimes I want to pull my eyes out... Thanks for this, no more these scary pug-faced beings in my house )

"...And if wishes were horses, we'd be knee-deep in crap."
-- Dr. Robert Romano, /'ER'/
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#11 Old 5th May 2006 at 4:50 AM
Oh my gosh, thank you! This is going to be a very useful mod - I've been avoiding Nannies like the Sim!Flu but will now get Aunts & Uncles and even Parents that live somewhere else to babysit. Yay!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th May 2006 at 5:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fanseelamb
I've been avoiding Nannies like the Sim!Flu but will now get Aunts & Uncles and even Parents that live somewhere else to babysit. Yay!!!

Yep, one of the great things about this is the sitter builds relationships with the children by doing things with them -- great for those kids whose parents don't live together: now dad can have a part in their life, too, before they get old enough to use the phone.
Inventor
#13 Old 5th May 2006 at 5:22 AM
Agreed! lol! This is a wounderful idea! And the nanny is a total bone head! lol! She is always trying to feed when she shouldn't and she seems to be incapable of caring for herself... Now at least we can make sure the sitter goes to the bathroom when they need to thank you BUT! Question how do you know how long the sitters shift is? And when they are finished? I'm confused And all that stuff? I'm sorry to bother you but I was just woundering if you could tell me?
!@_o!

At my final resting place
!@_o!
Test Subject
#14 Old 5th May 2006 at 5:36 AM
Thank You! Thank You! I was sooo hoping this would be updated!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 5th May 2006 at 5:54 AM
Wow, I was just wishing there was a hack like this! My prayers have been answered! I've been using the Insimenator to summon my Sim!Grandma whenever the parents need to go to work, but this is much nicer!

Is there an easy way to make it so that if the Sim chosen as the sitter is family, they don't get paid? No big deal if there isn't, I don't want to be any trouble. Just a thought that popped into my empty head. :p

Thanks again!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 5th May 2006 at 6:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueIzumi
Question how do you know how long the sitters shift is? And when they are finished? I'm confused And all that stuff? I'm sorry to bother you but I was just woundering if you could tell me?
!@_o!

I'm sorry, but I can't give you a definite answer (I didn't write the mod, just changed part of it to work with OFB, and I don't know simantics well enough to figure out the answer). What I can tell you is that the sitter will stay for at least a few hours, and will stay for as long as there is no teen or older family member on the lot.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 5th May 2006 at 6:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chapsticky
Is there an easy way to make it so that if the Sim chosen as the sitter is family, they don't get paid? No big deal if there isn't, I don't want to be any trouble. Just a thought that popped into my empty head. :p

I'm not sure. I'll take a look at it and see if I can figure it out.
Test Subject
#18 Old 5th May 2006 at 7:00 AM
Will i need the previous mod for this to work, like as a mesh?
Field Researcher
#19 Old 5th May 2006 at 7:17 AM
Woohoo! Thanks. Have you ever tried to get a nanny to look after 3 babies? DISASTER!! There was bottles and nappies everywhere, and still my babies were unhappy. The nanny is useless! Though she is good for looking after the child generation when her Young Adult mother goes to her classes or final exam. But not for my precious babies or toddlers. Thanks again ^_^

Garden of Shadows; for your goth side.
Scholar
#20 Old 5th May 2006 at 7:35 AM
Wow, this is so great! However, I don't necessarily want it to replace the nanny option. Is there a way to have them both?

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 5th May 2006 at 8:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FreakyRufus
I'm not sure. I'll take a look at it and see if I can figure it out.

Thanks so much! Cute avatar, by the way!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 5th May 2006 at 9:00 AM
Aww wow brilliant Hack, cant wait to try this out later

Thank you Freaky!

Save the earth. It's the only planet with chocolate
Instructor
#23 Old 5th May 2006 at 9:03 AM
This is going to be so useful. Thank you so much!

*** If you can't brighten them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit ***

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Test Subject
#24 Old 5th May 2006 at 9:04 AM
Thanks for this mod. No more Nannys of doom as I call the NPC Nannys.
After terrifying experiences I stopped calling for help.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 5th May 2006 at 9:36 AM
Thank you for making this Mod-Mod! I have missed the first one on and on and can`t stop crying! Now my Sims friends can hire their best friends for baby-sitting again. You`re sooo go(o)d to us!

_________

Simity

~ Atheism: Belief in no God, and no belief in God ~
Page 1 of 6