Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Old Fashioned, Prairie Style Solid Dresses

by kalynn06 Posted 19th Aug 2006 at 10:57 PM - Updated 27th Oct 2008 at 6:29 PM by CatOfEvilGenius

11 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 4:15 PM
Theses are just what I've been looking for, thank you. I hope to see more of
these, they are great!
Forum Resident
#3 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 6:09 PM
I'm always looking for items for my Western styled neighbourhood. Thank you for these beautiful clothes and for sharing them!
hexameter
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Aug 2006 at 12:26 AM
leeda and hexameter,
Thanks so much for leaving such nice comments. I'm glad you like these. They were a blast to make. I usually do men's clothes, so a nice full skirt was a fun change

Kalynn

"I'm afraid I'm not personally qualified to confuse cats, but I can recommend an extremely good service".
-Monty Python's Flying Circus
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st Aug 2006 at 1:34 AM
I downloaded these too, along with the everday set. They're amazing and exactly what I need for my neighborhood. 5 Stars!

Live, love, Laugh <3
Test Subject
#6 Old 21st Aug 2006 at 9:02 PM
I love them all, but just as a side note on historical accuracy, purple was a color reserved for royalty simply because of the high cost of the dye. Even today purple is the most expensive dye. I know no one cares but I thought I'd share anyway.

Wilson- "Did you know your phone is dead? Do you ever recharge the batteries?
House- "They recharge? I just keep buying new phones."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Aug 2006 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fluffy_emmalee
I love them all, but just as a side note on historical accuracy, purple was a color reserved for royalty simply because of the high cost of the dye. Even today purple is the most expensive dye. I know no one cares but I thought I'd share anyway.

I care, and I actually considred this but fashion books from after the mid 19th century show garish colors including a bright amethyst. In 1856 Aniline Dyes synthesized from coal tar were discovered, revolutionizing the fashion industry, allowing silks to have vibrant blues and purples and colors we would consider garish today. So true purple was expensive but in the late 19th century which I was going for bright colored silks including blues and bluish purples could be had more widely. Though I don't claim these are accurate. The cut of the dress was based on a contemporary reproduction which was more "inspired by" than strictly based on period dresses.

Thanks for pointing this out though. It's always fun to learn new stuff.

Kalynn

"I'm afraid I'm not personally qualified to confuse cats, but I can recommend an extremely good service".
-Monty Python's Flying Circus
Test Subject
#8 Old 4th Dec 2006 at 10:37 AM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I have been looking for this type of dresses for a long time!
Space Pony
#9 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 2:28 PM
I like these, but I'd like to see some with long sleeves as well.
Test Subject
#10 Old 29th Jan 2008 at 2:25 PM
How Beautiful! Just what I have been looking for, my poor prairie girls have been sharing the same four dresses! Five stars!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 1:36 AM
These look great!! Thank you for making them!
Test Subject
#12 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 5:02 PM
hey, its great for my future series but i have one problem. those link no longer available: http://www.besens-sims2.de/index.php