Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

2-story high castle wall *NEW FENCE MESH*

by mia86 Posted 4th Sep 2006 at 5:15 PM - Updated 25th Sep 2006 at 9:08 PM by mia86

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 5:22 PM
Very nice, thank you Mia,
We need talent like yours to buid nicest house

Merci beaucoup

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 5:30 PM
Very nice, I love it! it will definately come in handy for all my castle-living sims
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by patul
Very nice, thank you Mia,
We need talent like yours to buid nicest house

Merci beaucoup

And we need talent like yours to get the best neighborhoods (at least those without sc4)
thanks for the fast comment

you can still pm me with requests and stuff...only i'm not very often logged in at the moment...
busy with real life, try later again ;)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 5:48 PM
thank you again !

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 6:10 PM
Looks really cool!! I suspect the tall fence may be a pain to play in some circumstances, because fencing doesn't 'go down'. I love the deco-gate. No matter what I decide about the fence, this definitely will find a place in my homes.

If the turret-fence end was made into a deco item, and we had the wall paint to match -- we could use walls for fencing (though they would lack the wonderful thick solidity of what you have).

Very creative, and much appreciated.
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#7 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 6:23 PM
Whoa, these are awesome! I used some of your amazing walls and floors in the castle that I uploaded recently, and they looked fantastic. I may have to make a second castle just so I have an excuse to use this wall! Bluetexasbonnie is right--your new fence is much more solid looking that anything Maxis gave us, and will look infinitely better guarding a castle.

There's always money in the banana stand.
#8 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 6:53 PM
Wow you are sooooo talented i really really like this i think i'm going to make a Lord Of The Rings Medievil castle thanks for this.

AbstractSIMmer187 Has Retired From Sims 2 Creating
All Of My Creations Are Found Here
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 6:57 PM
ok thanks again for the all nice comments :D
Quote: Originally posted by bluetexasbonnie
Looks really cool!! I suspect the tall fence may be a pain to play in some circumstances, because fencing doesn't 'go down'. I love the deco-gate. No matter what I decide about the fence, this definitely will find a place in my homes.

If the turret-fence end was made into a deco item, and we had the wall paint to match -- we could use walls for fencing (though they would lack the wonderful thick solidity of what you have).

Very creative, and much appreciated.

Well I dont know about the pain (partly cause I dont play that much anymore its only creating atm), but shouldnt castles be BIG? So there would be some distance between them and the fence...besides my castles mostly stand on a hilltop to make them look umm well...more castlelike - so no problem there.
As for the wallcover...I'm working on that right now and hopefully will upload today. You'll get the roof too, but I'm not sure about the decorative turret. I agree with you that it would loose much of the solidity (meaning it wouldnt have round corners)
Quote: Originally posted by jhd1189
Whoa, these are awesome! I used some of your amazing walls and floors in the castle that I uploaded recently, and they looked fantastic. I may have to make a second castle just so I have an excuse to use this wall!

Heh thanks...you do that with the house
Quote: Originally posted by jhd1189
luetexasbonnie is right--your new fence is much more solid looking that anything Maxis gave us, and will look infinitely better guarding a castle.

well but at least Maxis gave us the awesome wall texture. though its from sims1, pity they didnt take it over to 2.

you can still pm me with requests and stuff...only i'm not very often logged in at the moment...
Forum Resident
#10 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 11:32 PM
I have been really needing this for my castles. Using walls just didn't work very well so this will be perfect. Thank you!

Visit my web site:Fanciful Sims
Royal Kingdom Challenge:
http://tinyurl.com/b4ajz
Live your medieval dream
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 11:34 PM
I've now had a chance to look at it in game. It seems to be missing the texture -- all I got was a smooth shape in glowing dark purple and slightly lighter glowing magenta. It is a beautiful shape.

The gates look nice. They are impressively tall.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 3:19 AM
Great Job.. lots of possibilities.

Thank you for sharing,

Makai

Live Well
Laugh Often
Love Much

"If you don't live for something...You'll die for nothing.."
Scholar
#13 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 7:24 AM
This is so cool. Great job!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 12:36 PM
thanks again to all for the appreciation :D
I've now had a chance to look at it in game. It seems to be missing the texture -- all I got was a smooth shape in glowing dark purple and slightly lighter glowing magenta. It is a beautiful shape.

The gates look nice. They are impressively tall.

Da... oh darn I'm not even allowed to say that here. I'm not doing stuff just so it has a beautiful shape!Thanks for reporting that bug, anyway. I'm trying to figure out what's wrong. Think it might be related to different game configurations or the UV mapping...
Now Does anybody else have this problem?? please leave a comment then!
Thanks
mia

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 3:36 PM
hi bluetexasbonnie,
I tried it out but didnt manage to get the same error. I fumbled a bit with the Material Definitions and the UV-maps...If you dont know about that, dont worry its not necessary.
Now I'd be glad if you'd do some testing for me - only if you want of course, I promise its not much work.
So if you do want to help me, all you'll have to do is download the zip and put the 5 versions of the fence in your game. They are just for testing, you can delete them afterwards. Then you look at them in your game and tell me on which version the textures show (if they show at all). Each file has a number as name so that wouldnt be too difficult...Now I dont expect the fences to look great. There'll probably be some problems with the light, but its better than no textures showing.
I really hope you'll test this for me
Thanks in advance
mia

oh and anyone else who has this problem can do the same of course
Attached files:
File Type: zip  test.zip (763.6 KB, 50 downloads)

Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 6:39 PM
Glad to do the test. Here are the results:

They are labeled as labeled in catalog description. The fences that show up pink ingame are also pink in catalog. They begin blinking when I go to save/exit. The 'good' fences (4,3,2) show up black in the catalog. I didn't notice any differences in them, but also didn't spend any serious time studying them.

I have 2 computers set up with sims. This picture is from the NL-only. I use it for building and it has a small downloads folder.

The other computer has UNI, NL & OFB and a huge downloads folder. (It is where I first tried your files.) The initial files look the same as pictured here. I haven't tried the other files yet, as it takes forever to load up.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 4:32 AM
Oh god I love it!!! I live an breath castles and this will be a perfect substitute for the maxis large castle doors. I especially like the round towers on the ends, reminds me of something I had in Sims1.

I'm still waiting patiently for someone out there to make a draw bridge!! hint hint..

these are awesome Mia, keep up with the medieval stuff... I can never have enough
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 3:29 PM
Thanks for testing bluetexasbonnie!

Your game seems to have a problem, because I disabled the lighting in the txmt, resulting in the magenta fences. In 2, 4 and 3 I reenabled the lighting, but you see it's no good cause the fences are to big. Thats why I disabled it in the first place.
So there doesn't seem to be any way to fix this for you...I cant see the reason why its not working for you, but for me (and hopefully most others) it does. Maybe you missed an update or it's got something to do with your graphics card?? I can't say, really. I think I'll upload a decorative turret you can use with the sims1 wall.

Sorry I'm not much help today
mia
Quote: Originally posted by DoomAngelsc
I'm still waiting patiently for someone out there to make a draw bridge!! hint hint..

hehe I'm not sure if I'm in a draw brigde making mood right know, especially since you'd have to be able to walk on it...

Test Subject
#19 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 7:24 PM
Works perfectly for me - many thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 12:39 AM
I'm not a sophisticated enough user to figure out a lighting issue. I'll just anxiously await the stand alone towers and admire the cool lots others make with this.

Thank you for the extra effort.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 9:29 AM
I'm not a sophisticated enough user to figure out a lighting issue. I'll just anxiously await the stand alone towers and admire the cool lots others make with this.

Thank you for the extra effort.

Hey, It's perfectly ok if you can't figure out that lighting problem. That's my job...though I'm not very good at it
thanks for testing again
mia

Test Subject
#22 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 7:11 AM
Great Fence, But I have the same issue with the magenta, and the black fences showing up, Hope you can find what that issue is about cuz I would love to use them.
Thanks for all the Medieval stuff.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 8:55 PM Last edited by DoomAngelsc : 9th Sep 2006 at 9:02 PM.
I'm also having the pinkish colored fences... I have all eps I sooo wanted that turret tower too!!!! I have 2 computers, one being a laptop the other a desktop... I'll check them on both see what happens. Both computers had same outcome.

I tried the tests an my results were exactly as bluetexasbonnie pictured above. At least one came out with the light turrets dark fence. Just wish the others worked!!! I'm so upset, I really liked them... Maybe someone will figure out the problem, hoping anyway
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 2:21 PM
Hi veltora and DoomAngelsc!
I'm sorry about this, the game just doesn't seem to be made for so big fences .
Don't know why it works for me...for now I'll settle for the decorative turret. The sims 1 walls are already uploaded.
Another solution would be to make the mesh smaller and try if it works with the lighting enabled...
oh well hope I'll figure it out eventually

PS: thanks for that comment dylan. It's great to hear I'm not the only one for whom it works!!

Test Subject
#25 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 12:00 AM
I have the pink fences as well. I have all of the EPs and they're all patched. I have everything else of yours and it's all fantastic, so if you still plan on trying to figure this out I'm more than happy to be your guinea pig.
Page 1 of 2