Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

BV update! Single male earring sets-hoop, hoop with ball and stud-both ears

by Paleoanth Posted 5th Nov 2006 at 10:16 PM - Updated 19th Oct 2007 at 9:28 AM by Paleoanth

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 12:03 AM
This is great! I would be interested in one for the left ear, if you feel up to it.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 12:32 AM
Oh, I was just looking for something like this. And here it is. Awesome. Thanks so much.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 2:19 AM
Default Left ear please please please :-)
Quote: Originally posted by Paleoanth
If there is any interest, I could redo it with the BS that Numenor has done to make it available to people without Pets and I could make it for just the left ear instead of just the right. Or for teens.

I would love it for the left ear. I had a right ear single hoop once but I lost it after a hard drive crash. This is great though and I NEVER have seen one for the left.

Could you make that and maybe add it to this thread?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 2:39 AM
Sad to see so many downloads and not so many thanks anyway, i'd been looking for some male earrings and this looks great. thanks for sharing
Field Researcher
#6 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 2:54 AM
Thank you for creating this. i have been looking for a good looking single hoop for my male sims. If possible do you think you can make some studs?
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 3:42 AM
Well, I guess I am not the only one looking for just one hoop. I have finished the one for the left ear. Mesh only, not recolored in silver yet. I don't want to upload it until........see below.

I would like to ask that anyone who does NOT have Pets to test this for me. If it works, then let me know, if it doesn't let me know and I will make them again with the BS Numenor has.

When I find out whether or not this works in a nonPets environment I will be happy to make a stud and add it here as a more complete set.

Crap! I hit the thanks button by mistake. I did not mean to thank myself!

Cogito ergo nupta non sum.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 7:19 AM
OK! Looks great!! I'm glad to notice that it takes quite a large ear before it starts to deform! I have only the NL ep and it shows up just fine, BS and CAS in game! Thank you very much for a very nicely made earring for guys!

I...will never be a memory.
Test Subject
#9 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 7:57 AM
Excellent, just what I've been looking for!
I'd love to have one for teenagers, too bad it didn't work.
Test Subject
#10 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 8:15 AM
You do realize that earings often symbolize orientation, don't you Paleoanth? Left is right and right is other.

MOD THE SIMS 2:
If you can't find it here it probably can't be done.
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 11:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Xyz 6664
You do realize that earings often symbolize orientation, don't you Paleoanth? Left is right and right is other.

Yes, but I can never remember which ear means what. So left is straight and right is gay? Maybe when I get the right earrings up here, it will be an easier way for me to tell my straight and gay sims apart.

Since I have one report that Pets is NOT needed, I will go ahead and finish the set. I have the right hoops finished. I will be adding a couple more variations. One set with small balls a la Temptress and I am going to attempt studs. Hopefully all will be up this morning East coast time USA.

Test Subject
#12 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 11:31 AM
Wow I have been looking for this for so long Thank you
Scholar
#13 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 12:57 PM
this is a wonderful new accessory - thanks so much!

pammats

"Peace lives at the heart of all things"
- Maya Angelou
Test Subject
#14 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 3:36 PM
this is lovely and just what I'd been looking for! I have not yet downloaded though, I'll wait for the rest of the set you were talking about so I can get it all in one go
Field Researcher
#15 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 6:41 PM
hmm, lovely! I am interested in the option to wear them in both ears simultaneously, as I love to see this style on males, but most of this kind of earrings work for females only. I will try and see if it works, as you said it should. Thank you very much!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 8:47 PM
Omg Ur The Best!! I Have Been Looking Everywhere For Sumthing Like This!! Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!

"In three words I can explain what I've learned about life, it goes on."

I am also xxkatxx
Test Subject
#17 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Paleoanth
Yes, but I can never remember which ear means what. So left is straight and right is gay? Maybe when I get the right earrings up here, it will be an easier way for me to tell my straight and gay sims apart.

Since I have one report that Pets is NOT needed, I will go ahead and finish the set. I have the right hoops finished. I will be adding a couple more variations. One set with small balls a la Temptress and I am going to attempt studs. Hopefully all will be up this morning East coast time USA.

well, it's an urban legend. One of my friends growing up had an uncle who had his right ear pierced, and that guy was straight. Wikipedia's entry on ear piercing said that the idea about which earrings you wear showing your orientation has pretty much lost its significance. That's understandable. I mean, I don't think that guys that have both ears pierced would be bi; if that were the case, then my brother would be bi.

Got a question... how recolorable is the captive bead ring (hoop with the ball on it)? I'd like to recolor it so that the hoop is silver and the ball is black, blue, or teal. Have you tried out more recolors of that one?

Great job on all of the earrings. I have a lot of male sims who I wanted to give earrings to, but the closest thing I had was a 2 earrings in each ear + a nose ring set.

Maybe an idea for later would be to make studs and hoops for the second hole, for both the guys and the girls? XM Sims has a nice set of double earrings that I've recolored (only for my own use) and use all the time, but I'd really like double small hoops for the ladies! (And the guys.)

I'd like to get into making jewelry meshes myself, but I don't have any programs for making meshes.
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 10:53 PM Last edited by Paleoanth : 7th Nov 2006 at 12:49 AM.
When I get home, I will look at the UV map for the hoop with ball and I can probably post some kind of templete or at least the mapping so you can see.

Thanks for the information on the earrings! I wear them only in my left ear myself-two hoops.

Test Subject
#19 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 11:20 PM
You're welcome.

Oh, and another idea I had was big diamond studs for both the guys and the girls, like what a lot of NBA players have. I have some athlete sims that those would be perfect for!

Thanks again for everything; I'm sure these earrings will get good use in my game.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 11:49 PM
These are great! (My own ear piercing is on the right, because my right lobe had a deformity..and it turned out to be the correct orientation.)
Field Researcher
#21 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cygnusx1
well, it's an urban legend. One of my friends growing up had an uncle who had his right ear pierced, and that guy was straight. Wikipedia's entry on ear piercing said that the idea about which earrings you wear showing your orientation has pretty much lost its significance. That's understandable. I mean, I don't think that guys that have both ears pierced would be bi; if that were the case, then my brother would be bi.

Got a question... how recolorable is the captive bead ring (hoop with the ball on it)? I'd like to recolor it so that the hoop is silver and the ball is black, blue, or teal. Have you tried out more recolors of that one?

Great job on all of the earrings. I have a lot of male sims who I wanted to give earrings to, but the closest thing I had was a 2 earrings in each ear + a nose ring set.

Maybe an idea for later would be to make studs and hoops for the second hole, for both the guys and the girls? XM Sims has a nice set of double earrings that I've recolored (only for my own use) and use all the time, but I'd really like double small hoops for the ladies! (And the guys.)

I'd like to get into making jewelry meshes myself, but I don't have any programs for making meshes.

Well... The saying is as follows:
(And don't shoot the messenger on this I never said I said it... LOL)

The left ear is the right ear (straight)
The right ear is the wrong ear...
And if it's in both ears it's a girl.

That's really old skool though. I don't think any of that applies anymore.
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 10:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cygnusx1

I can do a template, but then I will have to fix the original earring to match the new mapping and reupload it. If you are still interested, I can do that.

I haven't tried out any other recolors as I just made and finished that particular set yesterday morning. As I mentioned, this is my first attempt at making any kind of jewelry. I primarily did it as I couldn't find what I wanted anywhere, so i decided to just make it myself.

As far as meshing software is concerned. Wings3d is free and I made the meshes in that. Then I used Milkshape to assign joints and get the earrings positioned properly. It has a 30 day free trial. I could have used Milkshape to make the mesh, but I am not that comfortable with that software yet to do that. I find Wings3d easier to use for mesh making.

Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 2:02 AM
Template added for ball and hoop sets.

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 10:40 PM Last edited by InuTGurl : 18th Nov 2006 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Suposed to be a thanks ^-^"
Yay! thank you! theses are awesome =D i love jewelry that is an accessory rather then just a pint. theses are awesome and will try em out right a way! ^-^ hope to see more from you soon

ღLiving Dead Girlღ
Test Subject
#25 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 10:16 PM
I have base game and all expansions other than Pets and the seperate packs, and they work fine. Do you know of a way to get them for teens, or does it just not work? Great work on these, by the way, they look great in game.
Page 1 of 2