Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

4 Tudor headdresses- inspired by "The other Boleyn girl"

by marie_fay Posted 19th May 2007 at 11:43 PM - Updated 20th May 2007 at 3:04 PM by marie_fay

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th May 2007 at 7:31 AM
The are beautiful!

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 20th May 2007 at 8:54 AM
SO PRETTY!!!!! matching dresses O.O WOOOHOOO *HUGS HUGS HUGS* seriously, looking at them i'm just in awe...they're just SO lovely and detailed ^^

New Home. Come check it out!
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th May 2007 at 11:38 AM
Gorgeous, as always. You're a real talent. You know, I thought you could use this mesh for Padme's refugee gown, guess it would look amaising .

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
-Albert Einstein
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 20th May 2007 at 11:55 AM
I've done a wonderfull job !! ;-)) as allways !
Liebe grusse !

Visit my site :
http://sites.estvideo.net/bipsouille.sims/
to much request... I can take no more requests Sorry !
Field Researcher
#6 Old 20th May 2007 at 2:00 PM Last edited by DoomAngelsc : 20th May 2007 at 4:45 PM.
OMG I was so happy when I first saw the french hoods at Bipsouille's site.

Again I'm so happy you've recoloured it, its going to be hard to match them to certain dresses, so the more the merrier.

Oh you say there's going to be a movie based on the book, I've read the book (that an many, many more on that period) and I really loved it. In fact Anne is my favorite, however I've always felt Mary was wronged in her life and only seen as a "whore" when Henry clearly was the ....! Well you get my idea. I will have to find out more about this movie, thanks for the heads up.
Test Subject
#7 Old 20th May 2007 at 2:16 PM
*dies*

This is so freaky, I was just scouring the internet for these very hoods just today, and they're right here and I can d/l them and I really need to stop talking so I can breathe . . .

These are FANTASTIC! I adore Tudor England, and I've always wanted to make Anne Boleyn, but have been defeated by the lack of good French hood meshes (or, for that matter, any hood meshes at all, lol)

Hope this isn't out of order, but have you ever seen a gable hood available for d.l anywhere? You know, like the one Catarina of Aragon and Jane Seymour wore? Or, for that matter, a tri-feathered Tudor cap? I would so adore making a house of Henry and his wives . . .

D.W. nut, and proud of it!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 20th May 2007 at 5:19 PM
Thank you *so* much! I've been running all over looking for hoods and now I've got them! Thank you, thank you, thank you! :D
Field Researcher
#9 Old 20th May 2007 at 5:59 PM
Thanks, can you make more hoods, or gowns to macth.
Test Subject
#10 Old 20th May 2007 at 6:01 PM Last edited by cloner : 20th May 2007 at 6:13 PM. Reason: confusion
I've been looking for these french hoods for ages. I finally have found them! I agree with Doomangelsc. TOBG book is one of my favourite books. Philippa Gregory (british author- score one for the British! ) really is a fantasic author. When it does come out on film, I will be at the front, hecking. It's more than a tiny bit historically incorrect. I read the 1st draft. It sucked. Books often are better than the film (bleh!) Sorry if I'm boring you. Emery, I swear I saw the male hat somewhere. I swear I saw it on MTS2 or the exchange. I know that's quite vast but just type tudor in, I think it WAS the exchange though. (well the mesh is in a seperate place but still!)

helpful advice for today:
do not meddle in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will pee on you as you sleep

source of my ever helpful advice
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th May 2007 at 6:30 PM
wow thank you all for your nice comments

If you tell me which colours/designs to do or what the dress should look like, I'll probably do it (if time permits it)

I'm back and sort of not... I think I'm leaving mts2 and the whole sims2 business... If anyone is interested in uploading what I've created but not uploaded so far, please contact me...
Test Subject
#12 Old 20th May 2007 at 11:34 PM Last edited by Emery_Bored : 21st May 2007 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Have just realised something . . .
This is a bit of an odd request, and if you can't do it, I completely understand. But I thought I'd ask, being the Elizabethan!Geek that I am. . .

I have always loved the picture of Elizabeth at twelve, (or fourteen, they can't seem to agree on her age, lol).
The one where she's all in red, with a red French hood on. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I'll u/l a picture for you.
But the point being, I don't think I've seen a single teen dress that goes 'out' like that -they all follow the curves of the legs. Is it possible you could make a Tudor teenage dress in red that goes out in the right way?
If you can't, just the same dress in adult would be wonderful.

EDIT: Have just realised that the teenage French hood hair doesn't wear the hat. Is there anything anyone can do to fix that, or is it stuck? I'm making so little sense, I know, and I'm sorry. But I know so little about making Sims 2 stuff, just a couple of easy recolours.

Whatever you're able to do, thank you

Test Subject
#13 Old 20th May 2007 at 11:38 PM
Hello, me again! Sick of me yet? :P

Well, thanks to the excellent Cloner, I decided to have another look for a Tudor cap, and came up with something very close! I thought it might be an idea to post the link here, so anyone who wants it knows where to find it.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=99584

Go to the 4th post, and read along until you come to "Mens Medieval Plumed Hats". And Bob's your uncle!

Forum Resident
#14 Old 21st May 2007 at 3:55 AM
This is dreammy!!! Adorable!! Thank you !!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 21st May 2007 at 4:50 PM
Marie Fay I had to come back an tell you how beautiful the hoods look in the game. I think altogether with Bip's site there's like 8 total but you know what that isn't enough, hehe. I hoping someone will make more in more colors, the gold one is my favorite, I really loved the added details you did.

Emery I'm right there with you, its a struggle to be a medieval simmer but every day it seems there is something new if you know where to dig. Take a peek at the new Featured set The Dark Project its awesome.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 21st May 2007 at 9:24 PM
I'm so happy you like it As said before: If you want more colours or different designs (concerning this mesh) I'll be happy to do them!

I'm back and sort of not... I think I'm leaving mts2 and the whole sims2 business... If anyone is interested in uploading what I've created but not uploaded so far, please contact me...
Test Subject
#17 Old 21st May 2007 at 10:54 PM
I found the Dark Theme while I was looking for the cap, lol! Suffice it to say, my d/l folder is now a lot weightier than it was before -those gypsy thief dresses are amazing! I love custom content . . . :D

Instructor
#18 Old 22nd May 2007 at 10:55 PM
These are so beautiful. I'm actually inspired to load up my game and make a medieval family just so I can use this wonderful!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 5th Jun 2007 at 7:16 PM Last edited by Simlin55 : 5th Jun 2007 at 7:23 PM.
Marie Fay, these french hood recolors are truly awesome. Love the perfection of your texturing :lovestruc Thank you so very much for making these and sharing them with us.

Quote: Originally posted by DoomAngelsc
its a struggle to be a medieval simmer but every day it seems there is something new if you know where to dig.

DoomAngelsc and Emery_Bored have you seen the Elisabethan wall panelling sets that VonNdaSun has made at Komosims? And Simnuts at Komosims made a matching door and a great collection of Elisabethan paintings. You can get them at the forum (free registration) under the 'Golden Dreams' themed downloads.

http://www.komosims.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2498

~:: Check out my creations at Casa Sims and at Simnuts Creations ::~
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 1:38 PM
They are so beautiful! Wonderful job, Marie! I will download them when I get home!

See my art here.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 10:34 PM
Thank you very much for such stunning recolours of a wonderful mesh.
Test Subject
#22 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 10:05 PM
"Hope this isn't out of order, but have you ever seen a gable hood available for d.l anywhere? You know, like the one Catarina of Aragon and Jane Seymour wore? Or, for that matter, a tri-feathered Tudor cap? I would so adore making a house of Henry and his wives . . . "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Emery Board: Take a look at the website that marie_fay linked in regards to the mesh for the headdresses. I saw something that I guess you would call a gable hood (under "Coiffures") Hope that helps.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 10:47 AM
on Bipsouille's hp... http://sites.estvideo.net/bipsouille.sims/

Field Researcher
#24 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 1:09 PM
They're gorgeous!!!!Could you make a black recolor????And I would love a matching black-gold dress!!!Like a medieval princess....oops got carried away!!!LOL!!!!Perfect!!!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 1st May 2009 at 9:54 PM
Thaaaank you! These are far from perfect, but they will add a small bit more historical accurate to my Tudor neighborhood, which I was desperately in need of. My Sims are already "heathens". And not-flat-chested. Don't need them to all lack headdresses as well. xD Thanks.
Page 1 of 2