Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Updated - 1 Tile Maxis Crib with dust ruffle - New Meshes - Mod

by rebecah Posted 20th Jul 2007 at 10:19 PM - Updated 20th Jul 2010 at 9:29 PM by rebecah

51 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 47 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 10:35 PM
Cool! Thanks! Now I can afford a bed for my CAS sim babies!

"This the way the world ends not with a bang, but a whimper."- The Doctor
"People go to great lengths just to known when they die, but why do that when you could just stay hidden, be known and alive."- KiraWilfort
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 11:15 PM
Nice work but I think I can see a problem for players who have shadows turned on in game. In one picture it looks like your new one-tile crib still has a two-tile shadow.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 12:06 AM Last edited by rebecah : 21st Jul 2007 at 12:26 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Nice work but I think I can see a problem for players who have shadows turned on in game. In one picture it looks like your new one-tile crib still has a two-tile shadow.

I felt the shadow was more realistic this way myself as a shadow is usually cast the length of an item realistically. If anyone would prefer that I change it please let me know and I will make the adjustment.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 3:05 AM
wow!!this very helpful for small house!Thank you so much.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 4:13 AM
This is nifty!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 5:37 AM
Thanks this is great for small homes, love the dust ruffles.
Not actually evil.
#8 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 7:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rebecah
I felt the shadow was more realistic this way myself as a shadow is usually cast the length of an item realistically. If anyone would prefer that I change it please let me know and I will make the adjustment.

I would prefer a 1 tile shadow just to be consistent with other objects.

Is the problem with putting toddlers to bed that it just won't work, or that if you try it, there's an error in game?

Overall though, this is really nifty! Thanks for making it.
Alchemist
#9 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 9:04 AM
This is so cool.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Test Subject
#10 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 9:32 AM
I love it! The only problem is, when I put two of them together, I can put one baby in the first one, but I can't seem to get my adult sim to place my second baby in the other! Might just be my sims game?
Field Researcher
#11 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 11:09 AM
I LOVE it Now my paupers can have kids in bed's! lol thanks hon
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miss_tippy
I love it! The only problem is, when I put two of them together, I can put one baby in the first one, but I can't seem to get my adult sim to place my second baby in the other! Might just be my sims game?

Hmmm I didn't have this problem only once with the mat but the wall at the end of it was an on a 45° angle. It could also have something to do with what is placed in the slot in front of the crib. It's difficult to say for sure without seeing the whold lay out.
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
I would prefer a 1 tile shadow just to be consistent with other objects.

Is the problem with putting toddlers to bed that it just won't work, or that if you try it, there's an error in game?

Overall though, this is really nifty! Thanks for making it.

I'll see if I can make it look different.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 3:39 AM
Thank you so much rebecah, this is awesome. Can't wait to get it in my game! And your fast too! Thanks again!

~ Sam ~
Test Subject
#15 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 5:54 AM
Thank you so much. It is perfect for my families in starter homes. And thank you for the time and effort it must have taken and sharing it as well.
Test Subject
#16 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 8:10 AM
Looks good; don't worry about the baby placement issue; that is the correct place to put a baby in a crib so they don't wiggle under the covers and smother
Theorist
#17 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 2:32 AM
awesome!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 11:09 PM
Hi,

I'm still having the same problem over and over again. When the toddler is directed to sleep in the crib and the action got then canceled, the crib is not more exessable. It shows only, that the crib is in use, when I want to remove it in buy mode. The toddler can't get in and I can get just get rid of it without the move object on cheat.

The Idea with the small crib and chanching table is great and I appreciate the work you put into it but I'm to the same time dissapointed when I download update after update and the problem keeps popping up again and again.

Love dosen't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwile. - Franklin. P. Jones
Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 11:39 PM Last edited by rebecah : 31st Jul 2007 at 11:46 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Llial
Hi,

I'm still having the same problem over and over again. When the toddler is directed to sleep in the crib and the action got then canceled, the crib is not more exessable. It shows only, that the crib is in use, when I want to remove it in buy mode. The toddler can't get in and I can get just get rid of it without the move object on cheat.

The Idea with the small crib and chanching table is great and I appreciate the work you put into it but I'm to the same time dissapointed when I download update after update and the problem keeps popping up again and again.

I will look into this I thought I had all the bugs worked out. Maybe it's just not going to work for you. I appreciate it very much that you took the time to tell me the problems with it, and I will try to figure out what might be the cause of. I only found this to happen when I had the changing table at the end of the crib, I'd clicked on it and no pie menu came up, it set both the crib and the changing table in use. I've updated the changing table to clear the flags of in use. I'm not sure if this was the same situation for you.

None of my updates concerning this crib have had anything to do with the in use issue.

Sorry it's caused you problems. That certainly is not my intension.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 2:46 PM
Now where you mention it, I had the changing table at the end of the crib too. The changing table is doing ok. It was just the crib.

Love dosen't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwile. - Franklin. P. Jones
Scholar
Original Poster
#21 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 4:22 PM
I am working on another update for this bed but I do have a double line to release the in use setting the current bed. I have had reports that the zzzz don't go away on toddlers only so I'm doing my best to try to figure this out. Have you downloaded the newest version of the changing table too. You also might try putting the changing table at the head of the bed instead on the end, but I'm fairly sure I got the in issure fixed with that.
Instructor
#22 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rebecah
I am working on another update for this bed but I do have a double line to release the in use setting the current bed. I have had reports that the zzzz don't go away on toddlers only so I'm doing my best to try to figure this out. Have you downloaded the newest version of the changing table too. You also might try putting the changing table at the head of the bed instead on the end, but I'm fairly sure I got the in issure fixed with that.

Rebecah, the zzzz don't go away only on the mat. The crib is ok. I just wont use the mat anymore. I am not worried that the parents can't put the toddlet to bed. I only give the command to the child to go to bed and it wiggles into his pijama as stated by you and "flies" into the crib. Lol. Now with Inge's codes he even sleeps through the night. Having said all that, as far as I am concerned everything works fine for me. Even the changing table. Thank you again for the wonderful creation.
Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by motherspet
Rebecah, the zzzz don't go away only on the mat. The crib is ok. I just wont use the mat anymore. I am not worried that the parents can't put the toddlet to bed. I only give the command to the child to go to bed and it wiggles into his pijama as stated by you and "flies" into the crib. Lol. Now with Inge's codes he even sleeps through the night. Having said all that, as far as I am concerned everything works fine for me. Even the changing table. Thank you again for the wonderful creation.

I posted an update for the mat. Unless you mean the 2 tile mat I still have to get that one done. Getting to many items to keep up with. Anyway the zzzzz are now fixed for the 1 tile mat.

I so happy you are enjoying my creations. Thanks so much for your help.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 2:25 PM
Wonderful. I'm glad I found this one. I somehow missed it before. I like this much, much better than the mat.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 11:09 PM
FYI

This is not a bug report, but rather an incompatibility report. I tried out your 1 tile cribs, mat, and 1 tile changing table.

The cribs and mats are not compatible with Squinge's breast feeding mod. A nesting error is thrown whenever a Sim attempts breast feeding, whether autonomous or directed.

The changing table is not compatible with the autonomous diaper changing mods. While no error is thrown, no Sims change diapers autonomously if the only changing table available is the 1-tile one. They will change diapers fine though if directed.

If you want to try to make these compatible, I'll be glad to upload the error log. But for now I didn't think it was necessary since the error only occurs when the other mod is installed along with your items.

Also, I noticed that usually my Sims will place an infant in a crib before taking off to do other things. I did a test by putting the 1 tile crib, the mat, and a regular Maxis crib in the house, one at a time. If I use the Maxis crib, Sims will place the infant in the crib before doing other things they are directed to do, as long as they are reasonably close to the nursery. With the 1-tile crib and the mat, Sims will place the infant on the floor. I haven't seen them place it in the crib autonomously, although they will if directed. Perhaps they would put the baby in once it got sleepy. I didn't leave it on the floor long enough to find out though. Not a big deal, but something you should be aware of.

You're doing a great job Rebecah. I'm impressed by how you learn from previous errors while making things and apply the knowledge to your future projects. It shows because your stuff is always improving.

Running: Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT & AL. Patched.
Page 1 of 3