Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Rideable Broom - Requested

by rebecah Posted 3rd May 2008 at 5:42 PM - Updated 25th Oct 2008 at 5:29 PM by rebecah : Updated to make it recolorable

44 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 41 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Not actually evil.
#2 Old 4th May 2008 at 7:54 AM
Eeeee, how fun! And how technically impressive. Thanks for sharing.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Instructor
#3 Old 4th May 2008 at 8:16 AM
I've been waiting to someone to make this! I am always impressed by your work. Thanks so much for sharing this with us!
Scholar
#4 Old 4th May 2008 at 9:03 AM
Oh oh there is a sorcery and Harry Potter feel there. Thank you Becks ! :D

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th May 2008 at 10:08 AM
i luv it!!!

twilight 4 ever
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 4th May 2008 at 2:28 PM
Of course, I'm a fan of this creation! My Harry Potter neighborhood continues to grow. Thank you for this. Can't wait to test it out. I love the idea that it can be decorative too. So often we don't see the full potential of an object until we give it a little thought or actually use it. I'm impressed by anything that moves as I have no skills in creating them myself! Wonderful job Beck!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Forum Resident
#7 Old 4th May 2008 at 3:00 PM
this is soooo amazing fantastic magic wonderful great perfect magnificent marvellous... words fail me now...

can it be recolored? (yes please)
Theorist
#8 Old 4th May 2008 at 5:05 PM
Wow, they're actually flying! Superb!
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th May 2008 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauralaima
can it be recolored? (yes please)

I updated it to make it recolorable...just for you!
Forum Resident
#10 Old 4th May 2008 at 6:55 PM
Oh, rebecah! I am just in awe over here. This is simply amazing! I love the fact that it can be used as deco as well, and I can't even tell you how much I appreciate this. You did a wonderful job! I'm so giddy now. And I'm very, very impressed. The only thing I'm a little unsure about is why sims gain cleaning skill from riding the broom?
And for those who have Free Time, it'd be wonderful to have this raise body skill as well. :o
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th May 2008 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Starfish of Terror
Oh, rebecah! I am just in awe over here. This is simply amazing! I love the fact that it can be used as deco as well, and I can't even tell you how much I appreciate this. You did a wonderful job! I'm so giddy now. And I'm very, very impressed. The only thing I'm a little unsure about is why sims gain cleaning skill from riding the broom?
And for those who have Free Time, it'd be wonderful to have this raise body skill as well. :o

Well I could change the skill they learn to body, I'd thought of adding an enthusiam for Arts N Crafts too, but I forgot to do that. I was thinking with a broom you usually clean, but in relation to riding you're right it really doesn't have anything to do with cleaning.
Test Subject
#12 Old 4th May 2008 at 9:18 PM
when i tried to put this in my game it came up with an error but it i could still could still like move it around but it had the red square thing around it so i put moveObjects on on it and managed to put it in but when my sims tried to use it it didnt work

i really wanna use this!!

:[ any ideas ?
Forum Resident
#13 Old 4th May 2008 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rebecah
I updated it to make it recolorable...just for you!

:lovestruc me loves becks! :lovestruc
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th May 2008 at 10:59 PM Last edited by rebecah : 5th May 2008 at 5:28 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Melo Vengeance
when i tried to put this in my game it came up with an error but it i could still could still like move it around but it had the red square thing around it so i put moveObjects on on it and managed to put it in but when my sims tried to use it it didnt work

i really wanna use this!!

:[ any ideas ?

Would you tell me what EP's you have installed? Maybe I have some code in it that isn't compatible with base game. I will double check my coding.

I'm so sorry I missed a line of code that give Enthusiam for Nature in my original version. Please download the no EP version. If it doesn't work for you please let me know.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 5th May 2008 at 4:51 AM
Exciting and this opens up a idea to make a new hood full of witches and warlocks and just magical things.
Rebecah you really put a flare into thinking outside of the box and creating such great things with us.
Thank You
Test Subject
#16 Old 5th May 2008 at 2:55 PM
Thank you so much for creating this it works great in game I love the sound effects and I love the fact that it builds skill so much faster than just reading and working out. Thank you for doing this my sims and I appreciate it. Jozaem,
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th May 2008 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rebecah
Would you tell me what EP's you have installed? Maybe I have some code in it that isn't compatible with base game. I will double check my coding.

I'm so sorry I missed a line of code that give Enthusiam for Nature in my original version. Please download the no EP version. If it doesn't work for you please let me know.

thanks i'll try it for you :]
Field Researcher
#18 Old 6th May 2008 at 3:26 PM
OMG! OMG! OMG! I'm so excited about this I'd kiss you, Rebecah but I'm afraid my wife would slug me! I'll send you an internet hug instead.....*HUG*

Be the type of Christian that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, the devil says: "Oh no! They're up!"

"You call me a Jesus Freak like it's a bad thing!"

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." - (2 Timothy 1:7 KJV)
Test Subject
#19 Old 6th May 2008 at 10:34 PM
still doesn't work :[

Harry Potter will not be pleased, he'll just look at it for now :/
Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 7th May 2008 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Melo Vengeance
still doesn't work :[

Harry Potter will not be pleased, he'll just look at it for now :/

Could you be more specific please?

Can you buy it and place it on the lot?

Do your Sims not ride it?

Are you able to use any of my other ride able items?
Scholar
#21 Old 10th May 2008 at 12:34 AM
WoW! This Looks Really Cool! I don't Have any Witches in My Game, but Now I Think I May Want One! ThankYou!

Hello, I'm Tiya Marie :)
I Hope You Dance!
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 15th May 2008 at 2:07 AM
oO *faints* I saw the videos, the second one showed me a detail not appearing here in the presentation: the sim riding the broom is really changing heights while flying, that is unbelievable! I didn't even think that possible, congrats, Rebecah! That is really a must-have Thank you so much for sharing this, my sims are gonna be able to fly!
Plus it's a beautiful deco item, a 2-in-1 magical item!
Mad Poster
#23 Old 17th May 2008 at 2:15 PM
This is one heck of a fun item, even when the Sims get on the broom the wrong way. (I can imagine that they're absolute beginners.) Like others here, I like that the broom can be temporarily used as a decoration as well. AND it improves on your cleaning skill. Thanks for still another great creation!
Forum Resident
#24 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 7:12 PM
omg can't believe how this looks awesome!thanx hon it's amazing!
Test Subject
#25 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 2:10 AM
Awesome job! Luv it!
Page 1 of 2