Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Increased Challenge Mods 1

by simmodder Posted 9th May 2008 at 11:16 AM - Updated 21st Jan 2012 at 8:14 AM by simmodder

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 29 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#2 Old 25th May 2008 at 3:01 PM
Yes I'd like the billz to be much higher, thank you

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Not actually evil.
#3 Old 25th May 2008 at 7:02 PM
Oh thank you, the game is just too easy! I've had to make up my own rules, like only let one or two sims get promoted past level 3, just so I don't end up with a neighborhood of people swimming in huge piles of money. This will be great with some of the MATY mods, I think they have one that lowers or removes life insurance payments, I'd have to check. Do you know if your mods would conflict with any MATY mods?

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Field Researcher
#4 Old 25th May 2008 at 7:18 PM
Thanks so much! this should make my game way less boring
Test Subject
#5 Old 25th May 2008 at 10:23 PM
Oh, good! I've always wanted higher bills. Thanks.
Test Subject
#6 Old 26th May 2008 at 12:56 AM
This is awesome!
I love the higher bills mod!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 26th May 2008 at 8:50 AM
The higher bills mod might be cool, my sims always get easy money. Thanks!

PS. It's spelt "challenge" ;-)
Test Subject
#8 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 8:42 AM
I will try your mod , especially higher bill : ).
Test Subject
#9 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 5:43 AM
I'm loving the harder job promotions. Because my sims aren't chasing new job skills every day they come home from work, they've actually got time for family and friends. I don't know if you applied the changes so they'd work on teens and elders also though. I just had a teen come home from his first day of work with a promotion. He did have most of his needs fulfilled, but a similar adult wouldn't have gotten the promotion.

On the subject of teens how are you handling the job promotion upon becoming an adult? Is it still the big jump to a level 4 or 5 adult job (I hope not)? Level 1 with the jump in pay over a teen level 3 is a big raise, but it makes more sense the the jump to level 4.

Going past teens to young adults, and it looks like you don't have Uni installed, college graduation could find a brand new adult in a level 8 position and fulfilling a LTW 2 days after graduating without modification. This may be more a function of finding a job on the computer rather than having the degree. I can see a little faster promotion, but the new worker should still be in a level 2 or 3 position at the very most.

And will your mod apply to those jobs that require a college degree? I'm thinking if you modified job semi-globals it should.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 11:51 AM
Thanks for this, I would deff love to try out the higher billing for now.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#11 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 9:12 PM
Does the bills mod affect the dorm bills students get or not? I'm wondering about that since I did not see any information about dorm bills being included or not with the mod.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 2:58 PM
This is great, thank you! I love an extra challenge and I am tired of my sims being so wealthy in only one generation. The game is more fun when they are poor, imho.
Test Subject
#13 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 11:49 PM
Thank you, this is exactly what i have been looking for. i was really bored with my rich sims... Thanks
Field Researcher
#14 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 6:55 AM
thank you very much

I can't speak read and write english. I'm sorry if you can't understand!.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sirah81
The higher bills mod might be cool, my sims always get easy money. Thanks!

PS. It's spelt "challenge" ;-)

P.S. It's spelled "spelled"
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 1:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lizbethbear
P.S. It's spelled "spelled"

Both "spelt" and "spelled" are correct.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipe...ling_variants#S
Typical
#17 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 6:54 PM
I think the bills before this came out wre far too low. Thank you for this.
-lewjen-
Instructor
#18 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 4:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jaedle
Both "spelt" and "spelled" are correct.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipe...ling_variants#S

I knew I was correct! In your face old English Teachers who said it was incorrect!

I would love to know if this is compatible with All Eps installed.

I don't get why so many Simmers hate Marsha Bruenig. She actually grows up to be quite pretty if you allow her to.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 10:51 PM
Hello, I haven't been on this site for over a year and was suprised to see that people had actually downloaded my mods, glad that they were liked!

It's very late but I'll try to answer the questions about the mods. And I'll try to check my spelling before posting!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ancienthighway
I'm loving the harder job promotions. Because my sims aren't chasing new job skills every day they come home from work, they've actually got time for family and friends. I don't know if you applied the changes so they'd work on teens and elders also though. I just had a teen come home from his first day of work with a promotion. He did have most of his needs fulfilled, but a similar adult wouldn't have gotten the promotion.

I think the changes should affect teens and elders the same as adults, I'll have to test it myself though

On the subject of teens how are you handling the job promotion upon becoming an adult? Is it still the big jump to a level 4 or 5 adult job (I hope not)? Level 1 with the jump in pay over a teen level 3 is a big raise, but it makes more sense the the jump to level 4.

I haven't changed this, I might look at it in a future version

Going past teens to young adults, and it looks like you don't have Uni installed, college graduation could find a brand new adult in a level 8 position and fulfilling a LTW 2 days after graduating without modification. This may be more a function of finding a job on the computer rather than having the degree. I can see a little faster promotion, but the new worker should still be in a level 2 or 3 position at the very most.

I don't have uni installed so haven't changed any of this, and not sure I'd try since I couldn't test it on my version

And will your mod apply to those jobs that require a college degree? I'm thinking if you modified job semi-globals it should.

It should apply to all jobs, but again I haven't tested it since I don't have uni

Quote: Originally posted by Chaavik
Does the bills mod affect the dorm bills students get or not? I'm wondering about that since I did not see any information about dorm bills being included or not with the mod.

It should since the increase happens after getting the lot value for all bills including students in dorms, but it's untested
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 7:59 AM
The higher, even higher, and 10x bill mods are perfect! And you see so many bill reducers or "more money at work" mods. I saw this shower which gives you +1000 sims, platinum aspiration and max needs in a couple of seconds. Thank yooous!

There is no spoon
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by teirrah1995
The higher, even higher, and 10x bill mods are perfect! And you see so many bill reducers or "more money at work" mods. I saw this shower which gives you +1000 sims, platinum aspiration and max needs in a couple of seconds. Thank yooous!

Yeah I don't get the point of those sorts of mods since if you don't need to earn money, fill needs or wants then there it really takes the point away from the game. Obviously not everyone thinks so though. Personally I want my sims to struggle a bit rather than having an easy but boring life.
Test Subject
#23 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 10:08 AM
I am wondering, does the increased bills mods also work for Apartment Life, with the apartments or no?
Test Subject
#24 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 1:50 AM Last edited by Remy Luv : 31st Aug 2009 at 2:17 AM.
Merci, dove. I absolutely love the increased bill mod.
Test Subject
#25 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 9:09 PM
Default Request!
I really want my sims to stop getting promotions all the friggin time. It's unrealistic, I was hoping for a mod where you can put promotions on hold. I've been having to use the simvac with low aspirations just to get their skills below the threshold. Tbh I can't believe this doesn't exist already as I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants it. If you can help me out I would be uber super greatful!
Page 1 of 2