Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Catahoula Leopard Dog

by Kiraiko44 Posted 2nd Jul 2008 at 3:34 AM - Updated 3rd Jul 2008 at 5:58 PM by Kiraiko44

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 5:12 PM
Thank you so much! I have a 2 year old Catahoula and now my sim-self can have one too!
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 5:36 PM
I love the attention to detail, and all of the layering of coat markings you used! Great job!

The white and blue merle is especially beautiful!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 7:25 PM
mc ohhh you're welcome! and you have a houla? you're lucky lol i want one but live in an apartment that doesn't allow big dogs haha

tonita thank you, i tried to make each one a little different, which got difficult after a while haha. the textures are actually kind of limiting because, as you can see, these dogs come in so many amazing patterns! i couldn't figure out how to do a piebald merle unfortunately, which are my favorites, i can't layer the textures right. oh well.

thanks you two! ^-^
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 7:57 PM
Thanks! They're beautiful-- I have a 13 year old Catahoula <3 So I'm glad to have one in-game :3
Instructor
#6 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 2:47 AM
I agree. The colorings of each set are very beautiful. I like how you've broken your downloads up, too, so everyone can pick which sets they like the best.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 6:17 AM
I have been a dog lover my entire life and have never been aware of this breed.They look amazing!I can't tell exactly how large they are from the images.I'm thinking they are the size of a large hound, maybe just a bit smaller than a great dane?In any event they are beautiful animals and I will be happy to include them in my game!Thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 5:53 PM Last edited by Kiraiko44 : 3rd Jul 2008 at 8:13 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by druidessex
I have been a dog lover my entire life and have never been aware of this breed.They look amazing!I can't tell exactly how large they are from the images.I'm thinking they are the size of a large hound, maybe just a bit smaller than a great dane?In any event they are beautiful animals and I will be happy to include them in my game!Thank you!

haha well im lucky im from the area they were bred so i kind of just knew about them from relatives and such. my aunt thinks they're all mean dogs cause she likes like little frou frou dogs haha. but actually, the proportions in the game is correct, these are medium sized dogs, very big or tall ones are frowned upon, they have to be small enough to run through the underbrush. heres the only pic i could find of some one (you can only see their legs) with their dog:
http://www.bltcatahoulas.com/DCP_1797.JPG

heres a link to the breed standard as well for anyone whose curious
http://www.donabney.com/breed_standard.shtml

thanks for the compliments everyone ^-^ glad everyone seems to like them!
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 12:37 AM
I LOVE THESE DOGS!!!!! I have a 1 year old duffus of one (he thinks he can fly and runs around our yard chasing and leaping at birds). Thank you sooo much for this upload!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#10 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 4:16 AM
Kiraiko, you did a GREAT job creating this breed for our sims! My sister has a Blue Brindle (named "Blue", of course!) and he is just the sweetest dog ever! Wonderful first upload!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 12:03 AM
ah yes someone made a 'houla breed! Awesome! I love this breed

Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 8:08 PM
i have a catahoula. yay!
Test Subject
#13 Old 12th Feb 2009 at 4:36 AM
Great job on this download. We own a Black & Tan Brindle Catahoula, and you've got our Boomer dead on here. I never expected to find a Catahoula download, let alone one that was done so well. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 5:34 PM
Nice job!

Also did you know that that picture (here)

the one on the top middle is my mothers dog. His name was Flip.
Test Subject
#15 Old 8th May 2009 at 2:03 AM
Aww, thank you so much for uploading this! My Catahoula, Budweiser, passed away two years ago and we recently got a new one. The detail is PERFECT, thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pugluvr7105
ah yes someone made a 'houla breed! Awesome! I love this breed

Thanks so much!

you're welcome
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Krystalineyes
Great job on this download. We own a Black & Tan Brindle Catahoula, and you've got our Boomer dead on here. I never expected to find a Catahoula download, let alone one that was done so well. Thanks!

haha i love brindle pointed dogs, esp in this breed

they're not the most common but tied as my favorite so i had to make them
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simple Star
Nice job!

Also did you know that that picture (here)

the one on the top middle is my mothers dog. His name was Flip.

oh cool! he's a very beautiful dog, i hope she doesn't mind me using it as an example, he's just got such wonderful coloring and the perfect type imo
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omfgzwhat
Aww, thank you so much for uploading this! My Catahoula, Budweiser, passed away two years ago and we recently got a new one. The detail is PERFECT, thanks so much!

thanks! i'm glad everyone who owns this breed seems to think that i did a good job
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 6:32 PM
Great job! my dog is half catahoula and I has very unhappy that the breed was not included in the Pets ep. (although I did make a custom version of my dog) I will definitely be using this in the future.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 31st May 2012 at 1:23 AM
So cute. Thanks for uploading some Catahoulas. I've owned three in my life and I can now have them in my game. My Simself and her hubby are going to have their hands full with them (mine are a little crazy).