Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TESTERS WANTED: Mirror for Toddlers UPDATED

by cathair2005 Posted 4th Dec 2004 at 10:57 AM - Updated 9th Feb 2006 at 11:24 AM by cathair2005 : New version

185 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 182 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 8
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 4th Dec 2004 at 10:59 AM Last edited by cathair2005 : 24th Jul 2005 at 9:48 AM.
It is the floor mirror, I haven't yet changed the GUID but when I remember how to do so, I'll release V3.0.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Dec 2004 at 11:01 AM Last edited by cathair2005 : 24th Jul 2005 at 9:49 AM.
This is the older version that you have to walk over to the mirror to activate. Note that this version sometimes drops out of the queue.

[file=e107_files/public/33201_toddler_mirror.zip]33201_toddler_mirror.zip[/file]
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Dec 2004 at 11:48 AM
Nice, just downloaded it, will test it when I've finished looking through the forum for any more good hacks.

−=≡ conker87 ≡=−
Instructor
#5 Old 4th Dec 2004 at 1:04 PM
Someone else already made one here:

http://sims2.katmaille.com/objects.html

It does the same thing, sometimes dropping out of queue, so you just have to keep trying several times. It's not a big deal, but make sure you let everyone know or else you will get a bunch of HHHHHEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPP!!!!!!! TODDLER MIRROR DOESN'T WORK!!!! posts from impatient people who only try it once and then give up.
Instructor
#6 Old 12th Dec 2004 at 1:35 PM
Ravynlee: did you buy two of the given type of toddler outfits? (ie 2 everyday boy outfits or 2 pj girl outfits etc) And that's not counting the one they have on. If you just by one new one, you won't get the option to change into it. The adult clothes have that issue too. I don't know why they didn't bother to fix that bug.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 12th Dec 2004 at 8:07 PM
Yup. I noticed that 'bug' even before the official patch which was bloody annoying I can tell you. Bad for Sims on a budget having to buy two outfits just to give them the option of changing... trully sucks. As for the prob of not changing I'm not sure but it may be an issue with the dresser I was using. I tried the change table... no go. So I tried winter's hacked dresser and it froze my game. The mirror worked for changing toddler's general appearance though, so I'm glad that worked out well. Apart from that all I can say is... damned luck of the Irish! And I aint even Irish! Official patch doesn't look to be worth spit in my view... maybe it's what we don't see that makes it worthwhile, huh? I could just be clutching at straws, but hey... I'm not a hacker. Good thing. I love the work that goes on here but it's best left to the experts.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#8 Old 12th Dec 2004 at 8:55 PM Last edited by J. M. Pescado : 12th Dec 2004 at 8:59 PM.
Oh, I got rid of the "have to buy two outfits" thing. I'll post that.

http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=31853

There. Happy now?
Instructor
#9 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ravynlee
Yeah, I downloaded this a while back (before the patch). It's a pain dropping out of cue... and as for the official patch allowing you to change toddler's clothes... Mine doesn't, tried it earlier.

I have the same problem! But now that you mention it, I also have that dresser that lets you buy clothes at home...you think that's it? It's a pain to have your toddlers stuck in atrocious outfits, but I love the dresser too much to be rid of it....
Test Subject
#10 Old 23rd Dec 2004 at 6:17 PM
cool i like it so cool
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 7th Jan 2005 at 7:03 PM
Wow, I just found this!! Can't believe I overlooked this for so long!! Thanks! I am SO tired of all my toddler boys have that slick haircut and all my girl children growing up with the short bob.

Silk stockings, What bliss they recall,
When love promised all, Forever more . . .
Cole Porter - 1954
Test Subject
#12 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 4:52 AM
Wow, sounds like lots of people had the same prob with hairdos. I didn't mind the boys' one, but the girls' straggly hair was about to drive me nuts--couldn't stand that hairdo. I had never changed appearance, even with kids and older, and am glad to know it exists. I'm also glad I can try out different toddler hairdos--forgot there even was other stuff for them besides the same short hair.
#13 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 8:05 PM
hi i looked for the mirror where do you find it
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 8:07 PM
Thank you!! Now my lil toddler boys wont have the ugly little fro thing. Thanks!
#15 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 8:56 PM
Picture?
Test Subject
#16 Old 17th Feb 2005 at 6:34 PM Last edited by Felidae : 17th Feb 2005 at 6:37 PM.
Maybe it's just me being airheaded today, but I just can't find it. I downloaded it, unzipped it and it's in the downloads folder. I've looked everywhere, it's not in any of the catalogs of buyable objects.
Someone else might want to know later on so I've decided to ask.
Great idea by the way, it just doesn't make any sense that all toddlers have the same kind of hair.
Instructor
#17 Old 17th Feb 2005 at 7:34 PM
it's in the mirror section, and it looks exactly like the mirror next to it, except it has an asterix in the corner.. and tyenotmum, you don't need a picture.. it's just a mirror, no re-color, looks the same as it did before.. it just has the option to "change appearance" for toddlers now.
Test Subject
#18 Old 17th Feb 2005 at 11:58 PM
I can't find it either. I looked in the mirror section and there is nothing new.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 18th Feb 2005 at 12:32 AM
On my game it seems to replace the original mirror. I forget the name of the mirror, but it's a standing (not wall-hanging) one with a wooden frame. On my game there was only one of them in the catalog, but it had the custom content asterix and I already had one of those kinds of mirrors that I had put in the house before I installed this and it let me use that one to change my toddler's appearance without buying a new one. It took several tries to get it to work, though, what with the dropping out of queue problem, but it did work eventually, so just keep trying if it doesn't seem to work at first.
Test Subject
#20 Old 18th Feb 2005 at 7:41 AM
I found it, it was the standing wooden mirror, I think it's called "Total Mirror". In my game it didn't have an asterix. Like with everyone else it took a few tries. Thank for helping me. :D
Field Researcher
#21 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 11:54 PM
Has someone tested yet if it's compatible with the EP?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 2:58 AM
Makabaer, I will buy the expansion today if it is available in Australia and test it for you. Oh and Ravynlee; my apologies for not getting back to you on your question. I've kinda been outta the loop for a while. I'm honestly not sure about the hacked change table but you've probably figured it out by now. Again I'm sorry.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 3:35 AM
I tried the mirror for toddlers and it came up with a message that had the options: Delete, Ignore, Retry or something like that. :confused:
Test Subject
#24 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 5:35 PM
Does this work with the EP?
Test Subject
#25 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 11:11 PM
FYI- it does work with the EP, and very well i might add. it works for my toddlers every time. thank you much~!
Page 1 of 8