Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Better-looking Pollination Tech

by L-J Posted 12th Dec 2004 at 8:58 AM - Updated 14th Oct 2008 at 8:24 PM by Christy1077

177 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 175 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 8
Test Subject
#76 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 10:33 AM
Works great for me, my aliens are now much better looking. Thanks!
~aralissia
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 12:46 AM
Actually it was one of those Pollinations that didnt work I've downloaded a different one and now I have cute babys that arnt butt ugly and I've checked out the family tree and ythe Pollination tech had been replaced which is good.
Test Subject
#78 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 1:13 AM
I'm getting to the point where I will simply have to beg someone to make the file for me to download...
Test Subject
#79 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 1:12 PM
thank you very much for the file,
it works fine for me^^
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 10:42 PM Last edited by TurboJAzn : 23rd Feb 2005 at 6:38 AM.
I do not have sufficient priveleges to post a tutorial in the Tutorials section of the forum, so I'll post a 10-step easy-to-follow (I hope) tutorial here:

You should have the latest version of SimPE installed from http://sims.ambertation.de. SimPE requires .NET 1.1 to work.

1. Go into Create-A-Sim debug mode. If you don't know how, go here:

http://72.9.230.162/wiki/TestingCheats

2. Create your alien using the alien genetics. Making a replacement PT with a different skin color like lavender would require changing the default alien skin which is beyond the scope of this tutorial.

3. Once created, enter a neighborhood and place the alien on a small empty lot. Exit the game.

4. Open the package file of your newly created alien. It is found in the Characters folder of your neighborhood and is named something like N00X_User00XXX.package. Sort by Date Modified to make it easier to find.

5. Under Filetypes, select Facial Structure. Under Packed Files, right-click on the Facial Structure file and Extract it somewhere where you can easily find it.

6. Under Filetypes, select jpg/tga/png Image. Under Packed Files, extract both the images to the same place where you can easily find them. You may then close out of the package file by closing SimPE.

7. Open SimPE, click on File--> New to create a new package file. You can leave it on Long Index and click OK. Click on File--> Add..., browse to where you extracted the files, and add the files ending in .xml. There should be three in total, two for the jpegs and one for Facial Structure.

8. You should now see the three files listed under Packed Files. Below that, make sure the tab is on Packed File. In the Group box, change the ID to 0x7F45284D which is the Group ID for Pollination Technician. Click on change all listed to the right of the box, then make sure the three files all have this Group ID.

9. Click on File--> Save, and name the package file whatever you want. Close SimPE because you are done.

10. Place the newly created package file into your Downloads folder, and Pollination Technician should now be replaced.
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 10:45 PM
Thank you atlanteay and L-J for your beautiful new pollinations! No more stupid michael jackson noses, or wee little lips!! YES!
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 3:15 AM
Oh my thats hard um I'll pass this.
Field Researcher
#83 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 9:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Atlanteay
Here is my new pollination and the alien kids he and another sim had. Thanks for telling me how to do it L-J Can we have two pollinations?

Thanks for posting yours! I just recently got around to letting Don get abducted and he had adorable twins! they are both good looking teenagers now :jig:
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 10:33 AM
You know, I saw this ages ago and I still haven't downloaded it. He's lookin' better though
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 3:09 PM
Thanks for that tutorial TurboJAzn, it looks pretty straight forward. I'll try it and let you know how I fared

Thanks to everyone in this forum. This is the kind of community spirit that takes playing TS2 to a new level.
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 12:48 AM
Default Thank you!
Just wanted to say Thanks for this .
Im posting a pick of a pre- mod born baby ( Pascals son) and his cusin, who is post mod ( Vidcund's son)
Too bad I Dled it too late to Save Pascals baby from the horror of the ugly genes..

Gallieleo Curious, Son of Pascal ( the one he came impregnated with ) He was kinda cute as a baby and still is somewhat.. but.. if only he had a nose.

Gallileo's Cousin/ half brother ( technically? ), Nova. He was born after Vidcund got abducted.

Thank you for the much more attractive polinators or Id be over run with ugly green invasion of Curious children . :Pimp:

I'm still alive.. I think. OMG No Pulse!
#87 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 3:52 PM
I am FRENCH and i use alittle english for you understand me (My English is not exelent...) How are you do for remplace the pollinisiation tech ?(In french)
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 2:27 AM
lavender skin
i made a lavender skin for all you guys who wanted it... now you can use it for your pollination tech hope you like it!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  lavender_skin_1.zip (767.0 KB, 82 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 3:19 AM
hey i just realized something... it won't let me change my pollination tech because i can't even find it in SimPe! someone help me please?
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 9:26 PM
thanks for those wonderful aliens. :-)
and also thanks for the toturial. i'm gonna give it a try.
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 1:46 AM
and no thanks for the purple skin? lol j/k.
#92 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 1:19 PM
Will this mod work with university
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 2:45 AM
Umm I dunno?
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 6:47 AM
The problem is we haven't found out how to change the PT's genetics, only his facial structure, so we can't really use the lavender skin. I've asked here, but no one has replied on how to do it.
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 9:49 PM
Is there a way to do this without using SimPE? SimPE doesn't work on 64 bit windows >.<

Like my pictures? Check out the full sized art at http://makibird.deviantart.com
#96 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 6:26 PM
Thanks a bunch for this! ^^
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 7:06 PM
Ok I may sound like a dummy by asking this but anyway... is this EP compatible? I'm getting it soon so it has been a "cleanup" time for my pc... And I have one off the PTs here (thank you btw; I was sick of those babys that look like thay have been hit by a bus) and just to be safe are they? Thank you in advance.
Field Researcher
#98 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by brainchildvn
The problem is we haven't found out how to change the PT's genetics, only his facial structure, so we can't really use the lavender skin. I've asked here, but no one has replied on how to do it.

looks like we'll soon be able to use whatever skins we want for default skins, with just a click of a button!

http://forums.modthesims2.com/showt...ed=1#post294114

:jig:

RMarques, I have one of these wonderful files in and haven't had any problems with Uni but I haven't let any men get abducted again yet...
but once I can change the default skin to one in a color I want (I hate that shade of green Maxis used) then my males will have to watch out!

I really don't think there will be any problem with these files
Instructor
#99 Old 12th Mar 2005 at 4:56 PM
I'm not a pessimist, so I always find the solution for my problems. But have something to report. I replaced the PT by your PT and Pascal Curious had a beautiful alien daughter. The second Sim that gave birth an alien got a horrible deformed child (long lashes covering the eyes, vampire lips, low nose, round face, etc).
I would like just to warn people that the genetic mixing in TS2 is far from ideal. To get nice babies is enough to combine parents that have the NOSE in the same exact place. The nose is the biggest cause for little monsters.
I use to care a lot for face simetry when I create my Sims. The original models have the eyes too far from the center (almost close to the ears) and too much up.
To calculate a face you should use your hands as measure. A normal relaxed hand placed over the nose, should cover the whole face. Well, this is what I take as proportions.
Test Subject
#100 Old 12th Mar 2005 at 5:06 PM
I wish they had 8 or so different aliens that where involved in ummm, probing the abducted men. Would be interesting to have a bigger gene pool of aliens doing the probing.
Page 4 of 8