Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

20 Vintage Shanghai Paintings (Set 1) - Request

by justmoi Posted 14th Jan 2005 at 9:18 AM - Updated 10th Jul 2005 at 10:31 PM by justmoi : Removed "Testers Wanted".

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#2 Old 14th Jan 2005 at 9:38 AM Last edited by justmoi : 16th Feb 2005 at 6:32 PM.
It would help if I remembered to post the files. :loco: I really do need to get some sleep. Sorry about that. Here they are.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Jan 2005 at 9:40 AM
Wonderful! Great job! I look forward to seeing more of your fantastic work!

:D

Mr. Pibb + Red Vines = Crazy Delicious
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 14th Jan 2005 at 10:04 AM
Thank you very much for this magnifical work I hope you sleep well after that
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Jan 2005 at 1:10 PM
For all of an hour before I had to get up and go to work. The Sims 2...they're, they're taking over my life .....aaaaaahhh :argh:

I'll probably be up tonight again making more :allnight: need lots and lots :coffee:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 14th Jan 2005 at 1:35 PM
Thank you, will try them
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 14th Jan 2005 at 3:05 PM
This is superb!!!
#8 Old 15th Jan 2005 at 12:31 AM
Beautiful work, thank you
Instructor
#9 Old 15th Jan 2005 at 12:44 AM
These look Fantastic Thankyou for sharing them.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 15th Jan 2005 at 12:56 AM
wonderful, simply amazing!! these are really really attractive & will look great Im sure
Field Researcher
#11 Old 15th Jan 2005 at 9:33 PM
Beautiful paintings, great job...Thank you
Test Subject
#12 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 11:11 AM
Oh! They're wonderful!!!!! I'M happy with the way they came out ;D I've only seen genuine vintage posters like this on websites, but I know reproductions exist because I saw them in a restaurant. I'll look around, and give you links to anything else neat I run into!
Test Subject
#13 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 12:23 PM
I couldn't find reproductions...they're probably scattered all over reproduction sites. I read that many of the originals were destroyed in Communist China because of their suggestive, "decadent", Western nature! This site doesn't have images quite as large but of superior quality to the other link I gave you: http://jazminasianarts.com/catalog.htm

This site has a lot of old European prints and posters--a LOT of La Vie Parisienne cover art from the teens and 20's. I like Herouard and Gerbault best, I think. But there's an enormous amount of other interesting vintage stuff there--maybe you'll see something you like

http://art-deco-prints-and-posters.com/

Also, the poster section of the Barnes and Noble site has a LOT of nice stuff.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 6:48 PM
gigglesmagnolia - thanks for the links :clap: the pics are gorgeous - you really get to see the beauty of the posters...either that or my monitor at work is really, really good

Expect more paintings and tapestries in the near future :wave:

Test Subject
#15 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 7:42 PM Last edited by gigglesmagnolia : 17th Jan 2005 at 7:48 PM.
You're welcome! Ha, I'm using a good monitor too, but I've seen both of those sites on mediocre ones and the posters look great anyway I really want to learn to make paintings, but I'm having trouble understanding exactly how I'm supposed to use Sim PE Photo Studio--whenever I figure it out, I'll make stuff!

Thank you for all the lovely wall hangings!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 18th Jan 2005 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by justmoi
It would help if I remembered to post the files. :loco: I really do need to get some sleep. Sorry about that. Here they are.

LOL! hope you got some sleep. Great work!

~The more you think about things, the weirder they seem. Take this milk. Why do we drink cow milk? Who was the guy who first looked at a cow and said, 'I think I'll drink whatever comes out of these things when I squeeze them!'?" ~
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 18th Jan 2005 at 11:02 PM
I Love these. I love all things 20's 30's. I would love to see even more of these if you decided to make more. Waiting in anticipation of great works to come.
Test Subject
#18 Old 20th Jan 2005 at 11:23 PM
Very nice, I know my simmies will love these :D
Test Subject
#19 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 1:37 AM
These are awesome! Thanks for all your hard work (liked your Van Goghs, too).
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#20 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 6:33 PM
The first collection of Vintage Asian paintings has been updated. I'll try to get the other collections updated soon. Take care.

Field Researcher
#21 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 6:34 PM
I really really like these!

thank you
Test Subject
#22 Old 18th Feb 2005 at 9:17 AM
Yesssss...I've been waiting for these!!! Thanks, justmoi
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 9th Nov 2005 at 10:35 AM
oh, i like chinese woman pic, thx so much :agree: :agree: :agree:

*****hello,i'm hongkong girl, i like sim2******
Test Subject
#24 Old 26th Jan 2006 at 9:14 AM
I just studied about these posters in class! Awesome!
Test Subject
#25 Old 18th May 2006 at 12:39 AM
Wooooooooo~~~

They are GREAT, AMAZING, WONERFUL and PERFECT works!

They make me miss my hometown~~~

Thank you! Justmoi, you are the best painting maker!
Page 1 of 2