Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers/Suggestions Wanted: Dismal Tree

by trombones03 Posted 19th Jan 2005 at 10:54 PM - Updated 19th Jan 2005 at 11:12 PM by trombones03 : Bad file, sorry.

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 19th Jan 2005 at 10:57 PM
So love it, to bad the shadow of the original tree stayed the same. But, thanks anyway.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jan 2005 at 11:07 PM
Sorry, I did something wrong on the first one (yeah, I know what I did wrong). The new file should work. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Jan 2005 at 2:02 AM
Thank you for this! I don't even mind if the shadow's wrong... it will just make my Haunted Mansion that much creepier!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 20th Jan 2005 at 2:26 AM
Cool, this will go perfect in a lot of my story homes.
Thanks trombone :D
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 20th Jan 2005 at 6:49 AM
the ghost of the tree is casting its own dark shadow...at least that is what im going to assume
Field Researcher
#7 Old 20th Jan 2005 at 7:48 AM
Yeah I kinda like the shadow being different it sorta adds to the creep factor...definately a great tree for haunted houses and cemetaries.
Test Subject
#8 Old 20th Jan 2005 at 3:58 PM
I tried it out, but I got the flashing blue spiky thing in neighborhood view, so I took it out. Looked good inside the lot, though. Am I the only one this happened to?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Jan 2005 at 4:15 PM
Honestly, I never looked at it from neighborhood view. I don't know why t would be doing that or what i would need to do to fix it, because I am new at recoloring, but I'll definately give it a look when I get home.

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone.

§
Test Subject
#10 Old 20th Jan 2005 at 4:24 PM
Toriamos said on one of the wedding arch threads in Miscellaneous that "it is a know problem with hot tubs garden furniture, plants, trees, etc. That they will convert back to maxis colors or flashing blue when in the neighborhood screen."

Which presumably explains why the tree does the blue spiky thing. Though not all plant recolors I've downloaded have done this -- I've got several of the hibiscuses, and the "dead" joshua tree, and they look normal from neighborhood view.
Instructor
#11 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 3:14 AM
This will be great for my trashy house - thank you! BTW - I have another leafless tree (the birch, I think) and it shows up blue in the neighbourhood screen, but it still seems to work fine and look great on the lot, so I'm sure your tree will not be a problem.
Test Subject
#12 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 3:46 AM
Basically any object that appears in neighborhood view and normally have color options without CEP will flash blue with custom colors. If it doesn't normally have color options and is added with CEP it will look like the original in neighborhood view.
Test Subject
#13 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 8:54 PM
I love this tree! It looks great in the game and, as an added bonus, my Haunted Mansion (which is a permanent work in progress) is now very easy to find. If you feel like creating a whole line of "Dismal Creations," I'll take 'em all... Thank you!!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 31st May 2005 at 7:47 AM
yeah, the shadow is kinda creepy (in a good way). Isn't the dead tree supposed to be eerie anyway. You did a very nice job on the tree itself. The shadow is just an unforeseen perk. Thanks for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 3rd Jun 2005 at 2:31 AM
i like this ever think about makin some creepy bushes too? love it
Field Researcher
#16 Old 4th Jun 2005 at 1:53 PM
Will fit perfectly to my medieval castle....thanks!

Nebulosa
"trying to keep the green mist as far away as possible from my nose"
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 5:33 PM
Was wondering if this could possibly be updated for EP? It's awesome and would love to use it . . .
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 7:51 PM
I don't have the expansion pack and I haven't been keeping up with what would need to be done. So, if anyone else would like to do it, feel free to do so.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 2:53 AM
It is awsome. Just the type of trees I love in my game. Do you plan on making more?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 3:23 PM
No, I'm not. I'm really out of the loop on how to color change. I haven't done it in a while and I'm sure that the method has changed a lot to make it work better and whatnot.

I have seen similar trees here before, though. Do a search; that might get you more results.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 13th Jul 2005 at 9:07 PM
Love the tree, I think the shadow is cool! Thanks.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 12th Sep 2005 at 6:29 PM
I think it's still not showing up for me.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 15th Sep 2005 at 6:34 AM
Oh yes, very dark and haunted

"Tell me," said Magrat, "you said your mummy knows about the big bad wolf in the woods, didn't you?"
"That's right."
"But nonetheless she sent you out by yourself to take those goodies to your granny?"

Check out my Padme skins!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 18th Sep 2005 at 3:54 PM
Who cares about the shadow?
The tree itself sets a wonderful mood that I was looking for.

(You can always put one tree closer to the other to blend the shadow into one tone.)
Forum Resident
#25 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 5:46 PM
Nice job thank you!

"This too shall pass, I shall walk and not become weary, I shall run and not faint, I shall mount up with wings like and eagle and fly."
Page 1 of 2