Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 11:48 AM Last edited by RGiles : 21st Jan 2005 at 11:40 PM.
Default Jeanette Beidermann hair converted for Males
(Since the Jeanette Beidermann hair has recently been made available for free download I hope it is now acceptable to post modifications for it.)

I thank Velvetcube/Simmergirl for her tutorial and her efforts in making the female styles available for males. As such I've unlocked the Jeanette hairstyle to be usable by men. And unlike the other female-> male hair conversions, this style turns out to allow for a nearly smooth transition, with only slight flaws in the fitting.

Here are some screenshots, at different angles show show the relatively neat fit. I've also include the file of the hair, usable by both genders.

~N

<attached file removed - RG>
Screenshots
Advertisement
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 6:08 PM
Nice work. Could it be converted for teen females as well, as the mesh does not have a teen hair?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 6:13 PM
Cool!!! Finally i can make my 80's rocker sims

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/sims2_celebrities/
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#4 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 11:41 PM
Neemeister,

Sorry, but I've had to remove your link. The site rules are that all shared skins have to be submitted through the Downloads section.

RG
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 11:59 PM
repost it in downloads!!! repost it in downloads!!! repost it in downloads!!! repost it in downloads!!!
i want it sooo bad!!!! must have... please!!! repost it!!! ACK!!!
(can you read the distress i'm feeling? lol)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RGiles
Neemeister,

Sorry, but I've had to remove your link. The site rules are that all shared skins have to be submitted through the Downloads section.

RG

No problem. Sorry, I wasn't sure it would have been appropriate for downloads since it's just a modification of the gender catagories of the mesh not an 'artistic' change. I'll repost the file there then.

~N
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by madie
repost it in downloads!!! repost it in downloads!!! repost it in downloads!!! repost it in downloads!!!
i want it sooo bad!!!! must have... please!!! repost it!!! ACK!!!
(can you read the distress i'm feeling? lol)

I agree. I, too,am excited. YAY! :D

"What does it matter to the dead, the orphans,
and the homeless whether the mad destruction
is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or
the holy name of liberty or democracy?"
--Mohandas K. Gandhi
Test Subject
#8 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 2:35 AM
Hey, can someone recolor this where we can have it in the different hair colors like black, brown and red? I haven't quite figured out how to do this yet.... (my attempts at doing hair are very scary....)
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 2:48 AM
i can't find it in downloads ! *panics* must. have. this. hair.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackKat13
Nice work. Could it be converted for teen females as well, as the mesh does not have a teen hair?

Thanks.

Yeah, I noticed that the teen mesh is different. I'm planning on trying to convert it to teen males and if I do (and it works), then I'll just make sure to still tag it for both genders.

Honestly, I have no intention on doing any work for Sim females directly as there is far more than enough people doing so as it is. Any content I make will be for directly for sim males only since there isn't all that much for them and most of my sims are male anyway. But, as in this case, if it's no extra work to make something available for all genders, then I will do so.

I also plan to make more color options, and I might get to it sometime this weekend. But if someone else wants to give it a go first, at either task, cool. I'd like to actually *play* the game for a change. Between this wonderful but far too addicting site and skinning, I haven't played the game in weeks.

~N
#11 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 3:38 AM
Has the file been moved and made available yet I can't seem to find it in Dl's
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 4:02 AM
I've uploaded the file to Downloads:Skins/Genetics, but it hasn't been approved yet.

~N
Test Subject
#13 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 5:39 AM
we really need a mullet mesh
Field Researcher
#14 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 1:08 PM
Oh boy, I NEED this file!!!!!!
Test Subject
#15 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 2:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Clark Kent
we really need a mullet mesh

I found a mullett hair do somewhere on a website. When I come across it again I will post it for you. I have been to the website several times since...I just can't remember what site it was.

Read the Sims Weekly World News. http://swwn.blogspot.com/
Test Subject
#16 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Neemeister
Honestly, I have no intention on doing any work for Sim females directly as there is far more than enough people doing so as it is. Any content I make will be for directly for sim males only since there isn't all that much for them and most of my sims are male anyway. But, as in this case, if it's no extra work to make something available for all genders, then I will do so.

But, see, we can't have all of our men with the same color hair. LOL!
Seriously, I wasn't worried about having this in other colors for women. I have tons of women hair.

Read the Sims Weekly World News. http://swwn.blogspot.com/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jor'gha
But, see, we can't have all of our men with the same color hair. LOL!
Seriously, I wasn't worried about having this in other colors for women. I have tons of women hair.

I've posted a file which contains several more colors in its thread in Downloads: Skins/Genetics. They're only basic recolors, with no change to the alpha maps currently to make them look better.

But then the main reason I posted the file in the first place was to give everyone who are so inclined a base for males to work from without having to do the conversions themselves.

As for the tons of women's hair, that exactly the point. (Not that I thought you were asking for women's hair) Sim females have so many options on everything, it's crazy. The Sim males need a little something too. :D

~N
Test Subject
#18 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jor'gha
I found a mullett hair do somewhere on a website. When I come across it again I will post it for you. I have been to the website several times since...I just can't remember what site it was.

Thanks that would be great :D

The Man of Tomorrow
#19 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 3:00 AM
Speaking of Jeanette Beidermann hair, has anyone got any links to recolors of this mesh? I hate the blonde.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 3:13 AM
you can find more of her colors here.....
http://www.2-f0r-u.de/startsims2.htm
http://www.spiffysims.com/

Care-
#21 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 1:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Care
you can find more of her colors here.....
http://www.2-f0r-u.de/startsims2.htm
http://www.spiffysims.com/

Care-

Thanks Care!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 5:13 PM
just wondering... is there a way to alter that mesh for women to give them a higher forehead? it looks great on guys, but on women it almost renders them foreheadless (if that's a word). is there any kind of program out yet that lets you alter existing hair meshes?? or does anyone know of anyone that's already done that?? okee thanks!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 5:35 AM
Currently there's no way to edit the meshes themselves beyond tinkering with the alpha maps and that's limited to the design of the mesh.

Some meshes allow a little more room for alterations than others. If you're wanting less hair in a certain area, rather than more, then it's probably workable through the alpha map. Just trim back the part in the alpha that would meet the forehead.

Depending on the design of the mesh, it might look good or it might not. <shrug>

~N