Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted:*UPDATED* New Mesh - Gothgurl

by aardvarkams Posted 28th Feb 2005 at 7:30 PM - Updated 6th Mar 2005 at 5:52 PM by aardvarkams : Update

96 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 95 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 7:43 PM
Looks darn good to me. Really appreciate your work with these new meshes. They add realizism to the game.

It was so hard to get the dresses to look right when creating a skin. You have made it easy now.

Thanks.....
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 8:48 PM
I Downloaded And will be playing it in my game in just a few.. As far as your boots go, I think they look great. The skirt looks layered. Maybe you're just being hard on yourself. Great Job :clap: Bravo

TickleYu (Teresa)
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 8:54 PM
Love it!
Finally, a goth outfit that doesn't look like something that you would see in Hot Topic or on some mall rat. This is my favorite sim outfit yet! Thanks :banned:
Forum Resident
#5 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 9:44 PM
i love all your meshes aardvarkams! you saying you are bad at skinning is one of the most ridiculous things i've heard since you're pretty awesome at it!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 2:35 AM
Yeah that would also make a great toto or is it tutu?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 7:32 PM Last edited by Aner-Dyfan : 3rd Mar 2005 at 7:05 PM.
Well this is an amazing mesh! And it reminded me massivly of Amy Lee from Evanescence. So I decided to edit the skin so it looked more like her, it's not perfect but good enough. There is a problem that the socks have been streched strange at the back. I've spent some time trying to fix it without much success, not that it's that noticable though.

The file is called layers as I was looking to see the strange looking underlayer, since it has the skin showing through. I made it solid colour but made it lighter.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 7:51 PM
An outfit based upon "aardvarkams" new "GothGurl" mesh. I made it primarily as a test to see how the mesh was layed out. It took awhile to figure out the UV coordinates.

It is pieced together from various other skin parts and a little original stuff. As I said, I put it together as a test so nothing special. Yet it did come out pretty good.

Just be careful if you decide you want to take a peek under her dress! Those goth girls can get you. *L*

Thanks to aardvarkams for the great mesh.
Instructor
#9 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 11:37 PM
yay i love it!! <3 i can't wait for more outfits and meshes like these. weeeee *spazz*
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 11:38 PM
I am currently working on a skin for this mesh...the boots are really hard...it might take a while to get them to look right.....
#11 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 6:00 PM
Gothic Maid Outfit
Hi
Another outfit based upon the fantastic aardvarkams new GothGurl mesh
Please do it again!!!

sorry for my english
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  7ff9d9e2_PaNewMaidOutfit.rar (205.6 KB, 1477 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 7:04 PM
Hmm I've notced a few irregualirties with my skin after playing on it for a while as I had missed out part of the alpha map. This new version should be fine when playing.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  7ff91b89_layers.zip (171.8 KB, 697 downloads)
Instructor
#13 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 9:45 PM Last edited by steamed-pepsi : 4th Mar 2005 at 4:48 AM.
I really liked some of the new textures comming out for this mesh, so I decided to mess around with the original a bit and see what happened. It works best with lighter skintones without going too pale or too dark cuz you can see some of the flesh on the stomach area.

(the gerbils have spoken.)

*UPDATED*
(so it's just the outfit and not the entire sim..)
Attached files:
File Type: rar  7f28c1c0_gothgirloutfit.rar (232.0 KB, 782 downloads)
Instructor
#14 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 10:11 PM
oo.. i like the maid one.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 11:05 PM
I love the laddered tights steamed-pepsi! I've wondered why no-one has done them. Could you also just post the skin? The sim is rather large.
Instructor
#16 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 4:25 AM Last edited by steamed-pepsi : 4th Mar 2005 at 4:49 AM.
okay, there ya go.. ^^
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 5:13 AM
Cool thanks! :D

20% of the world uses 80% of the worlds resources.
Just a reminder.
~spread some peace today~
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 5:37 AM
GREAT JOB. I've been trying to create a mesh like this, but it looks horrible compared to yours...
W I C K E D
Instructor
#19 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 1:42 PM
aardvarkams, I love the mesh, but could you also do this one with the high heels? I had a little skirt like this when i was in my late teens, I wore it with spike heels and lacey ankle socks, with a black bra and lace tank and the cutest little black velvet bolero jacket.
Instructor
#20 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 9:47 PM
yep, it would be neet with big platforms and spikey stilletto heels.. reguardless of how it may be spelled.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 1:15 AM
Wow, you guys are amazing, thank you all so much for your fabulous skins - I'm still trying to re-map the texture coordinates to get a really cool set of boots - if someone could post a set, or the texture file they're trying to achieve, I'll try remapping the boot textures to fit!
I'm working on a teen version, and I'll try putting together some platform stiletto's ...
Thank you all so much - they're so cool!
L+K's
Amy xxx
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 9:14 AM
aww mann.....I just installed university and the project i was working on got erased..I will get started again on a texture for this mesh...
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 9:25 AM
I really like the new mesh! Except the shoes.. they're so big, and fat.. :P
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 9:53 AM
my atempt so far....
k... here is what i got so far....
Test Subject
#25 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 9:56 AM
awesome! Im gonna get that maid outfit!

btw, have any of you been experiencing problems? like the mesh looks exploded, all over the place? thats what I get :confused:
Page 1 of 4