Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 11:58 PM
Default Custom CAS backgrounds MAY crash University
I thought I would let people know about this in a specific subject thread.

After installing University, I found that trying to start CAS in any neighborhood view would crash the whole program. Student CAS from the University view worked fine.

After tinkering with my download stuff, I found that the problem was a custom CAS background that I had installed a long time ago. It would appear that for whatever reason, the expansion pack install now made this custom file incompatible enough to bring down the whole game. The game no longer crashed when I restored the original CAS background file.

If anyone is having a problem with CAS crashing the program, make sure you don't have a custom CAS background trying to load in your folder:

C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\GlobalLots

At this point I don't know if the custom CAS backgrounds will still work. I suspect they probably will. You'll probably just have to make a new one with University installed.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 12:01 AM
:fright:
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 4:28 AM
AllenABQ - You are correct, sir!

I wrote about it over here, in my FAQ:

http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=47692