Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Outside Burglar Alarm CASE

by boblishman Posted 8th Mar 2005 at 4:11 PM - Updated 13th Apr 2005 at 9:33 PM by boblishman : tested burglar...alarm not working

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 4:31 PM
Hey, it look like a fun idea. I'll give it a try and let you know. I have the EP, so I'll tell you if it works or not. I think I have a game that I saved before I was about to get robbed, but I'm not sure if it will happen again, as you know the game switches up on you all the time. (smile) I'll let you know when it happens....
Manipulator of messy meshes
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 4:36 PM
remember...it has to be in the room that's burgled!! ...and thanks!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 4:36 PM
Question, I'm just curious, do I have to do anything with the JPEG file for it to work, or is that just to put in my pictures for my own enjoyment? (smile)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 4:41 PM
the jpeg is just to show you where it is in the catalogue...because it's 'back to front' ...I think I'll take it out if it's going to confuse people...
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 4:42 PM Last edited by dilandauluv5 : 8th Mar 2005 at 4:49 PM.
Great idea boblishman. One idea for you to try...you can use the boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true cheat to force a burglar to come an burgle (sp?) you.

EDIT: To make the cheat work all you have to do is bring up the cheat box in the neighbourhood view (shift+ctrl+C) type in the cheat exactly the way I did up there *points up*. Hit enter. Click on the lot you want to test it in. Once in the lot you should see a set of numbers in the upper right hand corner of the screen (it means it was entered correctly). Hold down shift and click on the mailbox. You should get an option to force a burglar somewhere in there. Hope this helps and sorry if you already know about this. Just don't know why you didn't try it before you uploaded it and thought I could help out. I really prefer things to be tested by the creator before I download anything.
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 4:42 PM Last edited by njl : 8th Mar 2005 at 4:45 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot!
It looks great but you do realise there is a mailbox hack that has an option to force buglar. I got it from here but as it's not compatible with the recolour of mailbox mod I deleted it.
BTW where is the download?

If ignorance is bliss; Why ain't I happy?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 4:44 PM
YEAH!! you do not know how much I've wanted one of these, I hate the alam inside, takes up my picture space
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 4:51 PM
njl, the download link is right underneath the pictures of the object. It is a zip file for all you non-rarers.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spikesgal2004
YEAH!! you do not know how much I've wanted one of these, I hate the alam inside, takes up my picture space

Yeah, I know what you mean Spike. It messes up my foyer decor. LOL!!!
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 4:59 PM
I'm downloading this to try out because you took the time to do it, all of you know that you can use the inside one on the outside, I do and it works just fine really I think it works better on the outside because the cops are there before the burglar even gets up the stairs!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 5:18 PM
You have to use the 'moveobjects on' cheat to put the Maxis one on the outside. This one doesn't need a cheat of any kind... that's why I made it....some people like to play the game 'straight' ....
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 7:09 PM Last edited by boblishman : 8th Mar 2005 at 10:57 PM.
OK, ...think I know why it doesn't actually work now (see above) ...I'll wait for some kind modder to help me along ...
Field Researcher
#14 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 7:28 PM
nice idea
Field Researcher
#15 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 7:36 PM
thanx,yay ,luv it..............
Field Researcher
#16 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 11:30 PM
Looks good! Oh, and you make me feel guilty - all your things are tested on nice well built houses like that and I am the sort of loser who has to clone Tutorial Joe's house to live in!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 11th Mar 2005 at 3:26 PM
Cool! Your objects are really good =)
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 5:19 PM
Great idea boblishman.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 9:03 AM
I agree.....great idea...thanks
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by boblishman
remember...it has to be in the room that's burgled!! ...and thanks!

You said it was Non functioning right? I'm confused if this will detect the burglar or not so thought I'd ask for clarification.

I'll test it out in my game and find out on my own if it's decor or a working alarm doesn't matter to me... it looks awesome! Thanks for making it!!
#21 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 12:45 AM
You have the greatest ideas! I'll just browse around the forum and click on something that looks nice/I could use, and it's usually made by you! Thank you so much for you wonderful objects!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 4th May 2005 at 6:00 PM
Cool you da best! i've downloaded almost all of your stuff! :mrpantha:
#23 Old 8th May 2005 at 10:41 PM
HEY! put a 1 block room on the outside of your house, then put a burglar alarm on the inside of the box, on the housewall, then delete the box. the alarm is outside, and it works. no speical things needed
Test Subject
#24 Old 29th May 2005 at 10:00 AM
thanx, the only thing is that it looks a bit dodgy on a modern house, so i might use it i might not, dunno yet but i just downloaded it
cheers
#25 Old 22nd Jul 2005 at 7:04 PM
Nice work, It's kind of an eyesore, but cool
I want that house!
Page 1 of 2