Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Orphaned projects for those of you who are feeling creative UPDATED: 04/28/05

by CynicalChick Posted 1st Apr 2005 at 3:41 AM - Updated 28th Sep 2005 at 12:16 PM by Psion : Removed remade careers

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 4th Apr 2005 at 12:40 AM Last edited by CynicalChick : 4th Apr 2005 at 3:06 PM.
I'm contacting the owners of the older projects to get their permission. As I get responses I'll add them here. Most were happy to let someone else take over. I started at the end of the list and hopefully I'll have more in the next few days.

Update - I've contacted the owners on all the links supplied.
Test Subject
#3 Old 1st Oct 2005 at 10:54 PM
thanks nice, do this careers are compatible with NL.
Test Subject
#4 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 2:04 AM
I have some of these careers in my game......they are in testing. Are these different?...or does the list need to be updated?
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th Nov 2005 at 10:33 PM
Awesome work...outstanding !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#6 Old 26th Nov 2005 at 4:59 PM
wot file do u put the career downloads in??
Test Subject
#7 Old 5th Jan 2006 at 5:28 AM
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(") (")
:banana: :frog: :ionfish:
Field Researcher
#8 Old 6th Jan 2006 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Karmasinc
I have some of these careers in my game......they are in testing. Are these different?...or does the list need to be updated?

All of the careers are "in testing" so that people understand they must be cautious with what they install into their game pretty much. A lot of them are finished products but not all are. :*)

~JJ~
Looking for a forum to host your creations? Let's talk. PM me or email me from my site below.

Check out Lucentsims :*) And our forums.
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Jan 2006 at 5:43 PM
kool thank u
Test Subject
#10 Old 15th Jan 2006 at 11:11 PM
Could somebody please make a Neurology Carrer and possibly Neurology Major for me please? Email me if you're interested. Thank you.

[email protected]
Test Subject
#11 Old 2nd Feb 2006 at 3:06 PM Last edited by shezoe : 2nd Feb 2006 at 3:11 PM.
Hi-i'm just responding to a randomly picked thread, since i couldn't find a place to start a new one. i found this sight completely by accident and am soooo glad i did! All the stuff that BUGS me about the sims and i was wishing i knew how to change-is all right here. Now my sims have great careers to choose from, instead of just the default. Thank you SO much-to everyone who has taken the time and trouble to make really great career choices :o) But i have a question. When "Open for Business" comes out at the end of the month-do i haveto go through and remove all these careers before i install Open for Business? And what happens to the sims who were working in them at the time i installed the new ep? Do i have to find them new jobs again? :oS Thank you ahead of time to anyone who responds kindly to what is probably a dumb question-lol!
Test Subject
#12 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 1:17 PM
do they overwrite any other careers?
Test Subject
#13 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 2:22 PM
Default Please can you do this
Hey i like most of ur career and most of them work so i woz just wondering if u cud make like a skateboarding career or sumthing with really stupid pay like $100,000. Cud u do that please?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 5:11 PM
I would be willing to take on the Superstar career if no one else currently has it checked out.

can you feel it//it's good for you

find my creations here
Test Subject
#15 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 6:34 AM
That's nice, but do they overwrite any other careers?
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#16 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 3:50 PM
Some do, some don't- that's why they're classed as orphans- they were abandoned by their creators before completion, so may not function properly.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
Test Subject
#18 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 10:13 AM
ooo here's an old thread huh. Personaly, I'd like to see the babysitter for Teen and Elders finished, I give it a shot if I had a better connection(dial up *sigh*), and more then a glancing idea of how to do it. From what I understand you have to use SimPE(which I haven't downloaded, and I'm pretty sure I can't run on Win98*Gasp*) and a plug in for it?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#19 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 7:54 PM
Thank you.