Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Crown Mesh for every hairstyle

by saracentner Posted 7th Apr 2005 at 10:03 AM - Updated 12th May 2010 at 9:14 PM by CatOfEvilGenius

114 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 111 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Inventor
#2 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 10:14 AM
Hey looks great.. a mesh like this would be great for other headpieces too, such as ears, horns etc. Great work, congratulations.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 10:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by roxxy
Hey looks great.. a mesh like this would be great for other headpieces too, such as ears, horns etc. Great work, congratulations.

i have the ears already made...i am thinking of sumitting them but i haven't yet perfected my tail
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 10:18 AM
this is great Just the other day I thought how nice it would be to have that with other hairstyles... Testing now.. Thanks!

Love the hairstyle the sim on the right is wearing.. Where did you get it? Is that a mesh of yours?
Banned
#5 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 10:20 AM
thanks so mush sara c
i tried editing crown
and i failed lol
and u did the bets
it is for all hair
my missworld and queens and rich girls are thankful to sara
thanks a lot sara
please make more i m waiting
Banned
#6 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 10:22 AM
sara is it possible to make earings and crown in one
that will make complete
please
Instructor
#7 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 10:38 AM
wowww... very needed in my game saracentner is it recolourable or had it got a metallic effect? thanx again awesom work keep it up xxxxxxxxx joe xxxxxxxxxxx
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 10:57 AM Last edited by Elfmaid : 7th Apr 2005 at 11:40 AM. Reason: My typing is dreadful!
Quote:
yes i knoe i am lame

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no you're not! EVERY gal needs a Tiara, baby, cause we are ALL queens and princesses!

Yay it works for the guys too! After all, some of our brothers like to be sister-like sometimes and deserve as many sparklies as WE do!

By the way darlingest, THANK YOU for the mesh! I shall see what I can do far as texturing this pretty toy! WOOP!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the fun!

*HUGZ and dances of pure joy!* :jig:

*Sparrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrklies!!!!* :gonemad: :D

Edit:Ok, it was my download manager boogering up, my bad! I will get to 'work'... more like PLAY!
Instructor
#9 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 11:30 AM
hahaha... saracentner... you are the best!!! :D:Di just tested them in body shop and i nearly wee'd myself when i realised that the crown works on males lolol :smash: THANKS YOUR THE BEST!! xxxxxxxxx :bump:
Beautiful Girl from Norway
#10 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 11:37 AM
Thank u saracentner :P. U are betting good at this meshing thing :D,looking forward to more great new(or converted) meshes from u
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 12:28 PM
Ok, I've had a looksie at the thing in BodyShop, and I can see that the UV map was giving you 3 kinds of hell, you poor poor luv... *empathies*

Is it ok if (when I remember how) I give it a new UV Map so that we have more room to work with far as more detail and less stretching please? I'm happy to help AND I sure could use the practice... this might tak eme a while since I've never exported anything to .obj mode to work in 3dSMax before LOL! *hugz!*
Test Subject
#12 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 12:39 PM
Yay, you posted it Saracentner! Now the Queen of hearts will truely be complete
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 12:44 PM
Coolies! This is a real cool idea. Now my most popular sims can wear a crown to school...what a cack!
#14 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 4:12 PM
This is a brilliant creation,,,thank you so much =)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elfmaid
Ok, I've had a looksie at the thing in BodyShop, and I can see that the UV map was giving you 3 kinds of hell, you poor poor luv... *empathies*

Is it ok if (when I remember how) I give it a new UV Map so that we have more room to work with far as more detail and less stretching please? I'm happy to help AND I sure could use the practice... this might tak eme a while since I've never exported anything to .obj mode to work in 3dSMax before LOL! *hugz!*

lol...if you want to make a uv map go for it...i am so sucky at it! if you get one made let me know and i'll post it in the original post!
glad you all like it
Forum Resident
#16 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 9:01 PM
Cool finally for all hair styles can you do the hats too? It would be nicer for all hats too for all ages and genders. LOL...Also some new hats needed too like Victorian styles with vails to whopper ones LOL....If can be done.!
Test Subject
#17 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 1:03 AM
The crown looks great. But I have to ask, where did you get the hair and dress meshes? They look really cute. Brilliant work as always.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dvoid
The crown looks great. But I have to ask, where did you get the hair and dress meshes? They look really cute. Brilliant work as always.

i made the one in the middle and the two on the outside i got from here

and that dress is from http://artemistha.moonfruit.com/
Test Subject
#19 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 5:26 AM
Ooh, sweet! A new Goth Sims 2 Site! I've seen yours, by the way. Very nice.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 5:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dvoid
Ooh, sweet! A new Goth Sims 2 Site! I've seen yours, by the way. Very nice.

thanks! i am so lazy though...i need a better server and site, i just haven't got around to it
Test Subject
#21 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 5:47 AM
*First post here* ^__^

I just downloaded it, It's great for adults. But it's kindof.. floating.. above My Teens(and under) head. I never did meshing, So I can't edit it :P. And probably if it Fit on the teen head, then it would be inside the adult head I think... o__O

I'm gonna test it out in the game tomorrow and hopefuly no bugs! :-D

~Brandon, CrazyZim111 of snootysims~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 6:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MisterStuperDork
*First post here* ^__^

I just downloaded it, It's great for adults. But it's kindof.. floating.. above My Teens(and under) head.

~Brandon, CrazyZim111 of snootysims~

yep...it does that i am being lazy and not editing yet...i might maj=ke a new one that works for those age groups but i would have to look through the referencing files and find where those age groups are and i am not in the ood yet...but no worries i plan to do this...among other things
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 12:24 PM
this didnot show up in my game
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 1:16 PM
Hullo nuttytartjan!

Did you unzip the .package file into your Sims 2 game download directory?

If you're working with a brand new fresh install, it's possible that you won't see one, and may have to make one. (Forgive me if you already know about these things, but I have no way of knowing how much experience you have with installing stuff into Sims 2 yet, I'm fairly new also, and have finally figured out these things)

In my case my Sims 2 Download directory is C:\\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads

Make sure that it is in the actual Download file area and NOT in it's own little folder under the Download directory or the game won't see it... I learned this one the hard way today.

Are you using WinRAR or WinZIP or some other kind of unzipping program? I usually double check to make sure it didn't put the .package file in the wrong place.

I really hope this helps, best of luck and I mean that very sincerely!
Beautiful Girl from Norway
#25 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 1:22 PM
The mesh looks so great in game look :P
Screenshots

Nobody likes u, everyone left u they'r all out without u, having fun...