Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hair Curlers / Rollers Mesh for Teens, YA, Adults, and Elder Females

by Innis Posted 22nd Apr 2005 at 4:04 PM - Updated 12th May 2010 at 10:45 PM by CatOfEvilGenius

90 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 85 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Field Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 4:13 PM
These are adorable. It makes me think of my Grandmother, she was such an elegant and pretty older woman. Very nice work.

She got a corpse under her bed.
She had her fun, but now he's dead.

~*~*~*~

R U Deviant?
Test Subject
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 4:21 PM
These are so awesome!!
Test Subject
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 4:21 PM
These look great, Innis. Will test them tonight and report here.

Idea: You might want to add the poly count in the original post somewhere, since many people are beginning to keep track of this for new meshes.

Great job
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 4:23 PM Last edited by xxemkayxx : 22nd Apr 2005 at 4:24 PM. Reason: typeo
This will go great with the cucumber shades and mud mask I've got.
TY so much ^_^
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 4:24 PM
Awesome work Innis. And BTW, I haven't forgotten you with regard to the requests you made of me for the salon stuff. Keep up the good work
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 4:30 PM
So lovely!!!
WTG!
Waiting for other creations!
Test Subject
#8 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 5:41 PM
anyone remember the old commercial....(curlers in your hair ???? shame on you.)
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 5:48 PM
this is cuter than a bugs butt. thanks for the fun download!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 6:11 PM
woa gorgeous!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 6:17 PM
"cuter than a bug's butt" made me laugh!
These are adorable! And adds another level of realism...Mama Hick just didn't look right to me without them.
Now I need to find her housecoat and there yah go! Maybe now Elton will recognize her ... Was that his name? Her son?
Way to go..! More, more!
K
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 6:26 PM
Thanks so much for sharing. I was hoping someone would create this. WONDERFUL!
Test Subject
#13 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 6:29 PM
Oh yes I knew those curlers reminded me of someone...mama Hick!

Very nice job gonna test them out today

ps. Kinwatsa, I don't think his name was Elton something with an E tho, maybe it was Elton what do I know :S
Test Subject
#14 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 6:29 PM

Thank you!
Test Subject
#15 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 7:06 PM
Very cute!! My mom looked like that everyday in the 1960's. Brings back memories
Test Subject
#16 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 7:46 PM
Heh heh... I LOVE it! Strangely enough, I was just thinking about hair curlers as a SIMS hair set a week ago.. I can see I wasn't the only one! This is going to be a popular item. All it needs now is for someone to skin a few housecoats and you can have the classic SIMS housewife of the 60s and 70s.

CS
Field Researcher
#17 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 8:15 PM
This is SHWEET! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 8:57 PM
AmAzIng! grEAt jOb!! I love it... but i have a uestion. Its probably dumb LoL but oh well, is this EP READY or EP REQUIRED? sorry if im plainly an idiot lol.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 9:02 PM
Very nice work there!
this is one of those items that will defenitly improve my game playage. (i love changing hair in game you see, so having something like this inbetween styles is just perfect)
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 9:07 PM
Innis, that's one of the most creative meshes I have ever seem (and considering the level of the artists here at MTS2 it's a huge achieving!)

Please, keep the great work!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 9:14 PM
Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts! I was a joy to have made this! And there are many more to come like it hopefully! The attached picture is of my next hair mesh. I still have a few tweaks of the mesh and alignment but hopefully it should be ready by the end of the weekend if not tomorrow...or tonight

NickelLover727, it plays just fine in my EP and was made with it so I believe it is EP ready!

nikkibailey, thank you very much! I eagerly await anything you produce!

Let me know your thoughts on this new mesh as well! Give me ideas for colours and I'll make the most popular ones available!
Screenshots
Inventor
#22 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 11:06 PM
Awesome work Innis and the new one looks great too. I would like the towel to be available in a powder blue shade and maybe another neutral tone to match anything she's wearing.

Also you got me wondering if a wrapped up style like that could be adapted to a Hermes Silk Scarf look that was popular in the 50's.
Test Subject
#23 Old 23rd Apr 2005 at 12:14 AM
Cooooolll!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 23rd Apr 2005 at 12:25 AM
Soooo cute!!!!
Test Subject
#25 Old 23rd Apr 2005 at 12:39 AM
Hi Innis,

I tested both the hair curlers and cucumber slices again tonight, and I have to say...AWESOME!

I also figured out my 'not appearing' problem.. it was nothing you did, it was the game. I forgot that glasses automatically disappear in some outfit states (PJ's, naked, and I believe swimwear, too)...when I first tried, the revised slices didn't show up again... until I switched to gym clothes! Then they were perfect!

The hair curlers look perfect too. I took a screenshot of both in use, and will send it to you tonight.

Great work, and I can't wait to see the towels!
Page 1 of 4