Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted*** Dining Table

by Samekh Posted 3rd May 2005 at 2:14 AM - Updated 13th Oct 2008 at 6:10 PM by -Maylin-

47 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 46 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd May 2005 at 2:30 AM
This would make cool dorm tables. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd May 2005 at 2:48 AM
I love this set, thanks
Mesh Maestro
#4 Old 3rd May 2005 at 3:15 AM
Very nice, goes with that stylish chair very well....
#5 Old 3rd May 2005 at 3:30 AM
I just tested this in my game (not with Sims, only by placing it in an empty house). I like the way the two pieces meld together so nicely. It seems that a side effect, though, is that the table "buries" itself in the wall when placed against one. This is wonderful -- until you place the table next to a window (one of those long ones that modern houses are full of). Then it looks funny because the table forms a sort of ledge at the window.

Well, why would you ever want to put a table like this next to a long window anyway?

So, I just wanted to say, I think you've done a great job on this and it's something I will actually use in my game (when I stop downloading and start playing again, that is).

Thanks!

modernK
Scholar
#6 Old 3rd May 2005 at 4:14 AM
Awesome! This is so nice, and a very veratile style. Will work great with modern and not so modern styles. Love it, will test later. Thank you for the great work.

Teresa
Forum Resident
#7 Old 3rd May 2005 at 7:07 AM
OoOoOo I just love your woodgrain objects Samekh, Thank You.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 3rd May 2005 at 8:21 AM
Can't wait to try this one out as well! Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 3rd May 2005 at 8:27 AM
wonderful! ty!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 3rd May 2005 at 9:10 AM
I tried it and I couldnt clear the table of the dirty dishes; it would not 'let' me; it wasnt clickable
Space Pony
#11 Old 3rd May 2005 at 9:43 AM
Great table !!! Thank you !
Field Researcher
#12 Old 3rd May 2005 at 2:01 PM
The little set is lovely! Thank you
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd May 2005 at 2:19 PM Last edited by Samekh : 3rd May 2005 at 3:31 PM.
Zoltan, I noticed that too. I could direct my sims to clean up one of the tables (when they were used together) and - if they weren't really lazy they'd clean the dishes that couldn't be clicked on. I have no idea why this is happening. In theory it shouldn't because it's just like having two tables. I'll ask around see if anyone knows why this happens! I might ask JWoods - thankyou master. (heehee - patronised by the great and the good now!)

If I was to have a guess, Zoltan, I'd say that the problem of the items on one table not being selectable is due to the fact that I had to extend one side at the meshing stage (to make it join up with another one of itself), and therefore something weird is happening to the BHAVs or something because they're overlapping slightly. If I knew how to make a fully functioning four tile table I'd have done that instead. I was just desperate for a four tile like there was in the sims1. It took me an unreasonable amount of going in and out of the game and moving vertices fractions of millimeters to get them to join up without overlapping and I'm still not sure I've got it spot on. When you have two identical objects overlapping you get strobing at the join when you move around your view.

I'll probably make a symmetrical two tile version soon for people with idle sims who will only clean up the dishes their specifically told to. :D
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 3rd May 2005 at 4:37 PM
looks fanatastic, thanks a lot for sharing
as i'm still only downloading and building house, but don't play the game, it's not important if my lazy sims will clean the table or not.
it looks great, that's more than enough!
Test Subject
#15 Old 3rd May 2005 at 4:43 PM
Great
Test Subject
#16 Old 3rd May 2005 at 4:49 PM
very nice, downloading and thanks
Field Researcher
#17 Old 3rd May 2005 at 8:24 PM
Lovely :D
Thank you for sharing
Test Subject
#18 Old 3rd May 2005 at 9:00 PM
sorry,but i'm the one who cannot use this table whithout crash?
#19 Old 3rd May 2005 at 9:02 PM
Absolutely gorgeous work, thank you

"I would never do crack... I would never do a drug named after a part of my own anatomy, okay?"
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 3rd May 2005 at 9:08 PM
Lamou. Thanks for telling me. Take it out of your downloads and try again. I had, for the first time, a household that would crash when I tried to load it but I'd also downloaded and used a lot of other people's meshes so I thought that was it. The other house I've tried this in seems to be ok. It should be ok but maybe the same issue that causes it to be non selectable is crashing it. My house that crashes the game was the first house I tested this in and I was using the move cheat. It could possibly be a problem with using the move cheat with this mesh. Take it out and see if you can use the house again. I hope to heaven I haven't caused any irreperable problem. Is anyone else having crashes?
Test Subject
#21 Old 3rd May 2005 at 10:25 PM
I love this table very nice thank you.
Test Subject
#22 Old 3rd May 2005 at 11:14 PM
Works good, one sim laughed, one did the "YES" thing lol.
Thank you!
Field Researcher
#23 Old 3rd May 2005 at 11:56 PM
Very cool table, thank you
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 4th May 2005 at 12:44 AM
Thanks for all your hard work!!!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 4th May 2005 at 1:28 AM
You're making lovely stuff!! Thank you. You sound so stressed I feel I should mop your brow :o)
Big Hug instead
Page 1 of 2