Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Free Standing Hat & Coat Rack

by boblishman Posted 8th May 2005 at 2:09 PM - Updated 2nd Feb 2006 at 8:05 PM by boblishman

37 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 36 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 8th May 2005 at 2:13 PM
First! Nice work, I will test it when I'll have may game reinstaled
#3 Old 8th May 2005 at 2:14 PM
Very beautiful work, thank you
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 8th May 2005 at 2:28 PM
Fan-freakin'-tastic!! :wow:

Thanks again, Bob!
Scholar
#5 Old 8th May 2005 at 2:31 PM
Nice Rack! ^.^ It looks like Broken Tree. Hehe. Will test it once I figure out how to get Sims 2 work on my laptop
Field Researcher
#6 Old 8th May 2005 at 2:31 PM
Very nice.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 8th May 2005 at 2:39 PM
I love all your creations Bob! Would it be possible to make this with coats on it?
Field Researcher
#8 Old 8th May 2005 at 2:45 PM
Re your thumbnail at the top !

Is that coat on the rack just for your own 'creator's privilage' or are you going to update it on the other thread ?

Thank you anyway !
Space Pony
#9 Old 8th May 2005 at 3:28 PM
Thank you again and again and again - my game would be sooo empty without your stuff !!
Scholar
#10 Old 8th May 2005 at 5:00 PM
Cool, now I can make the perfect entryway. I will download this when everything is working again and test next time I play. Thanks to all you great people, my sims have anything they could ever want. Thank you for this.

Teresa
Field Researcher
#11 Old 8th May 2005 at 5:51 PM
cool, thanks
Manipulator of messy meshes
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th May 2005 at 6:27 PM Last edited by boblishman : 8th May 2005 at 6:31 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by lechapeau
Re your thumbnail at the top !

Is that coat on the rack just for your own 'creator's privilage' or are you going to update it on the other thread ?

Thank you anyway !

Hi lechapeau

the coat is designed specifically for the wall rack.....but I'm currently having problems with the catalogue picture. Basically, I have cloned the fruitbowl to make it...because the fruitbowl is not 'seen' by Sims when it is on the floor....they will walk right through it... (it does not have a hidden 'footprint' ), However, the downside is that the 'camera' that takes the catalogue picture is pointing to where the the fruitbowl would have been.....and this coat is about 5 feet higher up ....so you end up with an empty catalogue picture.

This is why I've not released it yet ... I'm trying to figure out if there is another object I can use (with the correct 'camera' angle)...or how to change the 'camera' position/angle ... (when I've worked it out...I'll post it to the Wall Rack thread.) The reason for wanting this is so that the coat 'snaps' into position on the rack. It won't do this if I use another wall object (like a mirror or painting) ...and if I use a bigger object to clone from...then it has the 'footprint' and your Sim cannot walk past the hat rack in a single tile hallway ...because of the 'footprint'

If anyone knows how to fix this.....please pm me... thanks!

I'll also make one to 'hang' on this freestanding coat rack, once I've sorted this 'glitch' out... :D
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#14 Old 8th May 2005 at 7:13 PM
hiya Bob! yes, this is exactly what i was asking about in my previous post. it is modern, like you said. i think the more traditional ones have longer hooks. i love it! i'm sorry i couldn't give you any pics. i've been just so busy with real life stuff lately. thanks again! :D
Field Researcher
#15 Old 8th May 2005 at 7:43 PM Last edited by Mr. Biggles : 8th May 2005 at 7:51 PM.
This looks great, Its a nice filler for entryways and the like.

And I couldnt help but point this out-

Quote: Originally posted by Rythela
Nice Rack! ^.^

More traditional, victorianish ones would be nice too....*hint*...and I'm sure you could find a premade mesh of one of those. :p

★☆Simify☆★
回「Shall we dance?」回
これを読むことができれば訳者を使用している。
:| Yep, another post from Mr. Biggles. |:

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 8th May 2005 at 8:07 PM
thanks again dear Bob.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 8th May 2005 at 8:44 PM
yeah!!! mmmm... where are the hats and coats?
Field Researcher
#18 Old 8th May 2005 at 10:19 PM
Great Work Boblish! Thank You Im off to test
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 9th May 2005 at 2:26 AM
You should give the people who actually made the mesh credit.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 9th May 2005 at 3:16 AM
Cold_Ethyl: I believe Bob made the mesh....he was probably referring to a picture he found on the net to look at to create the mesh
Manipulator of messy meshes
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 9th May 2005 at 10:17 AM Last edited by boblishman : 9th May 2005 at 10:29 AM.
yes Nikki...... I found a PHOTO on the net....this one... I made the mesh. (I've ammended my original post - so not as to confuse anyone else. :confused: )
Screenshots
Test Subject
#22 Old 9th May 2005 at 7:00 PM
Really very nice, thankyou :wowsers:
Field Researcher
#23 Old 9th May 2005 at 7:47 PM
Thank you very much!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 10th May 2005 at 12:43 AM
Thanks again! :clap:
Forum Resident
#25 Old 10th May 2005 at 5:22 AM
Oh goody you made one, thank you so much Bob it's really great.
Page 1 of 2